Where to buy Apacs rackets online?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by SportsFanatic10, Apr 2, 2010.

1. SportsFanatic10

SportsFanatic10 Regular Member

I already tried apacscanada.com, horrible service. But they didn't have the racket I wanted in stock anyway.

2. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

What is wrong with the service? Have you tried emailing Kam Yau? He is the guy in charge of apacscanada and he will reply to your emails really quickly. Also, what is the racket you wanted. It is kind of hard to help you if you do not even supply us with sufficient information.

3. SportsFanatic10

SportsFanatic10 Regular Member

I E-mailed them trying to figure out how long it would take for my racket to arrive, they didn't answer. I went along and paid for my racket, a day later they refunded it because the racket wasn't in stock. But all that meant was it would take a little longer. I E-mailed them again, and still no reply. So I don't want to bother with them anymore.

I was wanting to buy a Nano Pro 9600.

4. Tai Thung

Tai Thung Regular Member

re: apacs rackets

Dear all,

You can try to search racquet_sports on ebay, he selling wide range of Apacs racket. The Nano Pro 9600 is an old model, even Malaysia also very difficult to find.

I brought from him before, fair price and good quality product.

5. Shadowz619

Shadowz619 Regular Member

On the apacs website. There is no address for their Markham warehouse or phone number in which I can contact them. Am living in markham right now and i want to buy the lethal 70. and perhaps the edge saber z slash?

6. Mysteryimpt

Mysteryimpt Regular Member

Student/Part-time Engineer
    I just bought couple apacs racquets from him. Kam Yue is a good guy. Try talking to him through facebook(Apacs Canada) Easier! I suggest the Lethal 70 but not the Edgesaber Z slash. I have it...it vibrates quiet a bit!

7. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I'm sorry but racquet_sports still owe me $221 that I haven't seen so far. :mad: And he is not answering my emails anymore.
    So I cannot recommand.

8. Mysteryimpt

Mysteryimpt Regular Member

Student/Part-time Engineer
    I just got in contact with him after receiving my racquets(I am not very impressed with them to be honest). What is your name on Ebay and what are your item numbers? Let me contact him and ask him to get in touch with you.

9. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

Engineering software developer www.elitesoft.com
    Bad Luck with Andrew at racquet_sports

I live in Texas in the United States. I ordered four rackets from Andrew (Lem Tow Guan) of racquet_sports on Dec 7, 2010. I had read of his somewhat spotty reputation on this forum so I was careful that when I paid him on paypal I used my credit card to fund my paypal purchase. This is important to do because you have up to 90 days to get a refund on your credit card whereas with Paypal by itself you only have 45 days to dispute a charge.

In order to have the best possible luck with Andrew, I ordered four rackets that he said were in stock, a Lethal 90, Lethal Light, Stern 909, and Tantrum 200. With shipping and string upgrades the total was $308 USD. These were kind of a random set of rackets for my family members to try out. I got a package a month later on January 7, 2011, but it had only two rackets in it.

I emailed Andrew about that and he said a mistake was made and that he would send the other two rackets. So I waited weeks and weeks and sent emails inquiring on their status but never heard from Andrew again.

The remaining two rackets, a Tantrum 200 and Lethal Light, never arrived so I did a charge back on my credit card on March 1, 2011 for the $142 I paid for just those two rackets. So I was able to get by money back even with no cooperation from Andrew.

When you first start emailing Andrew about a sale he quickly responds and is helpful. And I am still not certain as to whether he intentionally doesn't ship items or whether items just get lost in shipping and there is no insurance to cover them and he just doesn't want to reship and accept that additional cost.

But whatever the reasons for all these problems, I think he has too high of a problem rate and potential buyers at great distances need to know that they are taking quite a bit of risk for the potential savings Andrew offers.

I just ordered a Tantrum 300 and and Lethal70 from ApacsCanada and I have a lot higher confidence in them on receiving my rackets. I will report my experience with them.

10. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

Engineering software developer www.elitesoft.com
    Apacs Canada - Great Experience

Just took delivery on a Tantrum 300 and Lethal 70 from Apacs Canada. The delivery time was just 9 days with free shipping to the U.S. With a cost of $180 USD for both rackets, a free PU overgrip and AP 925 racket bag, it is a great deal. There were email updates and tacking numbers that actually worked during the whole process.

Compared to waiting on racquet_sports (Andrew in Malaysia) over 30 days for only a partial delivery and no working tracking numbers, buying from Apacs Canada was a nice experience. I did manage to get my money back on the two non-delivered rackets from Andrew, but only because I was able to do a charge back on the credit card that funded my Paypal order.

So while we can all protect ourselves a bit from unscrupulous resellers online by using a credit card to fund our Paypal purchase, it is not a fun experience. I would rather pay more to have quicker delivery times and honest status reports on my order.

Nice job Apacs Canada! I am sure that I will order from you guys again.

11. lagigolo

lagigolo Regular Member

Another warning for anybody thinking of buying from Andrew (racquet_sports). I have bought several rackets before, but this time it was for a gift. Ordered 2 rackets which he said one was not in stock. Asked him to let me know when he has it so i could go ahead and fully order and pay. Mysteriously it appears within a few days ready to be shipped out. Paid and after numerous emails finally get a shipping number. When i punch this in it has clearly been posted about 25 days after supposed to be. This was a birthday present which never arrived in time so had to explain the gift was on its way. I then get charged import duty into UK as Andrew had put 80USD on consignment note. Normally he would put 40USD + gift. So i had to pay an additional £20 which i hadn't bargained for and Andrew admitted was a mistake. Asked him politely if he would pay half as it was his error (we all make them, so happy to split it). But this was a while ago and have yet to see any money.
    Just thought i would pass on the warning, long wait, endless emails and won't honour his mistakes which could cost you more in the long run.

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Why would he agree to pay part of VAT? You are the one trying to dodge by making him write up a false official statement. As you might well know a criminal offence for which he alone, not you, is responsible should it ever be a legal case. Over here at Dutch customs if they don't trust the value and/or gift aspect they will ask you for a receipt, paypal statement or you can still officialy declare it was a gift. But after "uncle/cousin Andrew" has sent dozens of gifts to all his nieces/nephews/cousins in England I'm sure they will remember at some point ;).
    Take it on the chin and average it out over all the times you did manage to dodge and do the math. Everyone has to pay every once in a while and if you look back on everything you did dodge you really shouldn't complain :rolleyes:.
    I think I once had to pay fees that ended up being 60% of the total cost so a measily 20 on 2 rackets is nothing :p

#12 demolidor, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  13. lagigolo

lagigolo Regular Member

Just pointing out to everyone that you may have to pay import duty. Also there were a load of things wrong with this delivery.

Unfortunately what is measily to you, is a lot of money to others.

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I didn't say 20 was measily; but 20 over 2 rackets and all the other you didn't pay VAT on is measily ... You should be gratefull enough he has been marking them gift and low value ...
    I hate paying VAT as much as the next guy but it's all in the game so whining about it is just being a sore loser. And I've had plenty of parcels go right through with full value of well over 100 euro written on it so blaming it on him having put 80 instead of 40 ... :rolleyes:

#14 demolidor, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Obviously I understand that if you were expecting it as marked gift @ $40 seeing it arrive as marked $80 and you get taxed this time exactly it is an unpleasant surprise. But first off all it's not a right to expect all sellers to incriminate themselves by falsely filling in official customs documents and secondly if customs thinks the value is suspiciously on the low side it can still be set aside and get delayed whether you'll get taxed in the end or not.

16. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

I think the largest collection of Apacs racket is available at BadmintonBay.com

17. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Price wise I would go to sportshorizon.com, full collection but a few weeks late on latest model.