Victor Hypernano X-600 | 2015

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Espírito Santo, Jun 28, 2015.

1. tyshk

tyshk Regular Member

Good review, I agree with you Hx 600 is slightly less steady compare to Arc11, maybe because of the frame designs, I found Hx600 is more aerodynamic (BRS/JS kind of Sword frame), and whereas Arc 11's frame is more oval in shape, which provides a more stable swing.

Hx 600 gave me much faster reactions when I was in the front/mid court, and the bounciness of the shaft also helped my doubles defense, allowing me to counter drive back to the opponents.

Back court smashing is relatively weaker in terms of the power of shot, but the angle and placements are wonderful. I rekn Hx 600 is more for tapping smashes instead of powerful long smashes.

2. Shuttlingus

Shuttlingus Regular Member

Good points ^

I also don't know what it is about the racket but it feels more dense than the Arc 11, as if one is made from steel and the other is made from carbon fiber. It's stranger still considering the HX is a class lighter...

It's funny that you should mention that it's more of a stick smashing tool, because i don't get as much whip out of it...

Could just be me. It definitely cuts the air faster...

...oh and it will definitely survive more clashes than the Arc11! That sword like frame... very structurally rigid it seems!!

#22 Shuttlingus, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  3. Halcyon.Days

Halcyon.Days Regular Member

Have played two nights with the HX600. Mine is a 4U on the heavier side of the scale.

I find it much better than the HX800 in terms of feel. It does not have the same "hollow" or "empty" feel the HX800 has. To me, the HX600 seems to be a good balance between aerodynamics, solidity and stability. I was using a BS12 prior to this and that is definitely a good racket but does lack stability.

The HX600 seems to be a keeper for me.

4. Shuttlingus

Good point ^

Guess the CSR technology does work. I'm finding more power with it lately and the feeling on the smash is becoming more assuring as time goes on. Not bad for a 'speed/allround' racket.

For me the 600 has become the first racket i've seriously committed too. I've recently taken delivery of a 3U version (ordered from Aus) and it's currently awaiting stringing. Hoping the extra weight will beef up the attack without compromising the handling too much.

#24 Shuttlingus, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  5. HenryY

HenryY Regular Member

Bought a Hypernano X600 4UG5, previously using the Bravesword 12 3UG5. The frame is not as fast as the bravesword but still a fast frame, frame edges are definitely sharper than the hx800 and js10. The 6.8mm shaft is bouncier, hits feel more solid (CSR tech?), doesn't have the hollowness, less vibration and smashes have more oomph since there's a little more headweight compared to the brs12. I have no problem transitioning from the brs12 to the hx600. I think it's a great all rounder for singles and doubles play. Victor products are definitely improving!

6. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

Shuttlingus,
    how does the 3U version compare with 4U one? Does it play a bit more solid and a bit easier for high clears and smashes from back court?

7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    This thread is useless without pix :)

8. Shuttlingus

Hi heng,

I think both versions produce great clears and smashes, owning mostly to the slightly hh balance point and med-stiff flex. Both are also equally solid.

The 3u really is a formidable weapon though - similar to the Duora 10 in terms of bp and weight but with a touch more flex. Powerful but also easy to use.

9. Shuttlingus

[​IMG]

@ Mak - obliged. :)

It's puuurdy. Reminds a bit of the VT80.

10. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks for the reply. That give me a dilemma now as i am not sure to get a 4U in the UK or a 3U from overseas instead. I am just worrying that a 4U even balanced racket won't have enough power. I've never had a Victor 4U even balanced racket before.

11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Well, it all comes down to swingweight, or the amount of mass behind the shuttle when you hit it. Whether a racket is 3U or 4U is no real indication of that, but a safe assumption is that a 3U version of a given 4U racket will have more swingweight. I say 'assumption' because there is no established method of exactly how or where a company adds or takes away weight in a given design to come up with either a 3U or 4U.

However, if you get an even balanced design in a 4U and it doesn't hit hard enough for you, just add a strip of athletic tape to the head and that will solve that problem instantly. :cool:

12. Alfredhpv

Alfredhpv Regular Member

Accountant
    Is this the more flexible version of Jetspeed 10?

13. cloudsat

cloudsat Regular Member

Hey guys, I'm wondering how this racket compares to the Meteor x60? I know that the specs provided by victor would imply that they are similar, but those specs don't necessary mean too much (hypernano 800 vs Meteor 90). I'm looking for a replacement for my meteor 60, and this seems to be a relatively affordable alternative, hopefully you can tell me how it compares.