Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Yan unless you compare batch numbers you don't know if the variance is a QC issue or a deliberate attempt to have a spread of weights to please more players. It's all innuendo at this point, and the negative connotations is that it implies that the Yonex product is superior which I think is grossly unfair. Having used many brands and as you know, having made rackets, I think the main quality difference between the top brands is marketing.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Nah, in my past experience with measuring head weights at the retail store, I've also notice the same thing as Yan.

Yonex rackets definitely have tighter variations in both total weight and head weight when compared to Victor. And this was with many many models. Yeah I know, the shop owner was eventually getting impatient with me.

3. terranerbana

terranerbana Regular Member

BTW how does one measure the head weight?

4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Not implying one brand is better than the other. My main racket is currently a Victor, before that it was a Yonex; I don't think one makes better rackets than the other.

Also, making different batches with different weight targets seems like a bad thing to me. When you buy a racket 1 year after you bought your first one, you want something as close as possible as what you've had. I think the batch argument is a bad argument, across all batches and all models, I've found that Yonex has less variations. That does not make Yonex better or worse when it comes to quality, just better at making identical rackets.

#2264 yan.v, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

6. tyshk

tyshk Regular Member

Finally got the 3u version!!! Pick a pair which are extremely similar in specs. :D

Weight: 88g & 88.1g (with handle plastic wrap)
    Balance Point: 293cm (For both!!!!!!)

12656187_10207398032007901_793658655_o.jpg

7. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

So the 3U commercial is a head light racket? I'm curious to know the BP for the KRP and MYP versions...anyone?

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I said all along that the 3U version is only dfferent because there is additional weight in the handle. We noticed this whilst stringing these rackets last year at the All Englands.

KRP and MYP versions have more weight in the head, but not to much.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I beg to differ. Owning a commercial 3U version it is most definitely more mass overall instead of just extra weight in the handle itself.

10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    An extra 3-5g in the handle would change the balance point dramatically.

11. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

I picked up two JS10 3U commercial version and got to try it out on 2 sessions already. I do have 4U versions to compare to as well. Relative to the 4U, this new 3U commercial version is definitely a beefier version of the 4U in every way.

In terms of specs, the 3U relative to the 4U is:
    -Overall weight heavier by 3g
    -Head weight heavier by 1g
    -Balance not much difference

Note, these are rounded values and are obtained from the average of my 4x4U and 2x3U, all unstrung, stock grip (no plastic wrap).

Other interesting and unexpected differences:
    -The dimples on the shaft and frame are less pronounced on the 3U
    -The shaft thickness is slight thicker in the 3U, by about 0.2mm (measured with a digital caliper with 0.01mm accuracy)
    -Frame thickness at most regions are slightly thicker in the 3U, by about 0-0.12mm, depending on which part of the frame
    -The sharp “sword” profile of the frame appear to be different as well. I don’t have a way to measure this, but just running my finger over it, it seems the aerodynamic edge of the frame is slightly more rounded on the 3U while the 4U have a sharper edge. The difference is fairly subtle though. In essence, you could say the 3U is very slightly “boxier”.

In terms of shaft length, frame shape, handle length, they all appear identical.

On to the court comparisons. Since the 3U is heavier, it would obviously be slower and more powerful than the 4U, therefore I thought a better comparison would be to add some lead tape to the 4U to match the head weight of the 3U. For this I added about 10 x 0.1g strips of lead tape spread around evenly throughout the frame to match the head weight. I’m not good at giving detailed performance reviews… so I must say the racquet pretty much performed exactly what the specs indicate. Even though I matched the head weights, the 4U still feels faster and more aerodynamic, likely due to its slightly thinner shaft, frame, and sharper frame profile. On the other hand, the 3U, though still a very fast racquet, but feels slightly less aerodynamic. Though it does have a slightly different feel, yet I still feel like I’m using a JS10. The 3U does have a bit more power. The feel on the 3U does feel a bit more solid and more substantial, likely due to its slightly thicker frame and potentially very slightly “boxier” shape. I have no idea if the slightly less pronounced dimples on the shaft and frame on the 3U would have any effect on feel.

TigerSmash likes this.
  12. Luciole

Luciole Regular Member

Hello, can tou tell me how solid is the JS10? A guy could sell one to me but the frame have some pocs.

13. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    The JS10 is a very soild racquet. It's stiff but not too stiff. Good all-round racquet but I personally find it lacks a bit of feel.

14. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Having tried both the MYP, KRP and normal 4U versions, my view is that there is little to no difference between the 3U KRP and the commercial 4U version despite the overall weight difference.

The differences in the frame and shaft are so small that it's within what I would expect the manufacturing differences would be from victor.

But the MYP is definitely a different frame. The weight seems to be concentrated more towards the shaft and "T" area. The shaft length is also different as well as the cone making it flex differently too.

I've not tried the 3U commercial version yet but as I've not been impressed by the feel from all the JS10s I've tried so far, it's not one I'm that eager to try out.

15. Alex_Xu

Alex_Xu Regular Member

NON
    hello bc

i have both the 4u caa and 3u myp
    there is a minimal difference...
    how would you describe "a big change" that is significant, if you know what i mean ?

16. CanadianBadmint

CanadianBadmint Regular Member

Student
    It's been quite a while since I've been interested in a new racket (I'll admit the ZFII is nice), but the JS10 looks very promising.

Can anyone help give a little comparison in specs like stiffness and head weight compared to the MX80 and MX JJS? Those two rackets are still my go to rackets, as I haven't found anything better than them in the past two years or so :p

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Don't have time to go into details, but if those are your go to rackets, then JS10 is definitely your next go to. :D

Faster, more powerful, more maneuverable. There's a reason why it's the most popular racket for the KOR and MAS teams.

#2277 visor, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  18. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Surprisingly it is not tat much popular in MAS consumer market.
    Probably pricing is too high and many still prefer the BS series compared to JS.

19. CanadianBadmint

CanadianBadmint Regular Member

Student
    When you do​ have time, I would very much like to hear those details. :D

Another area I'm intrigued/confused about is the 4U weight. I've used 3U rackets my entire life so I'm a bit concerned about that. I know all of you say the 4U is just as powerful as older gen 3U's, but how is that even possible?? In fact, every time I use my friend's 4U Voltric 80, I can immediately notice the lack of weight and power, and a feeling of hollowness. If anyone could chime in on that, that would be great!

And yes, I know 3U versions are now available overseas, and there's also the KRP version, but I'd prefer to buy the racket on Canadian soil, since the Canadian dollar is rather weak compared to the US dollar right now. :(

20. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Though JJS n JS10 have similar specs, they feel totally diff. Dont have the arm strength to effectively wield JJS in the past. Its a vr solid racket with one of the stiffest shafts frm Victor. Feel its bcoz JJS has a thicker shaft than JS10. No exp with MX80.

Both 4u n 3u JS10 r fairly easy to handle but ime they lack that oomph. Mayhaps my HH background is the reason. In this aspect, would say the JJS has the edge over JS10 though cant remember exactly by how much.