FZ Forza POWER 996 or other rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by DarkOdin, Jan 20, 2016.

1. DarkOdin

DarkOdin New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member although I do read the forums on a regular basis. I have been using a Voltric 80 racket for a few years and am looking to change to a new racket.

Reason being that I need to compete at a serious level in both singles and doubles. The racket is too slow to be used properly in doubles. I have always been a fast aggressive player and am looking to maintain that whilst also slightly enhancing control and defense.

I have tested the FZ titanium 11000 S racket along with a Yonex Doura 10 racket. These did little for me and I didnt feel satisfied with them. I have read about the FZ Forza Power 996 but there seems to be no reviews for this new racket.

I have also tested the Jetspeed 10 and whilst providing great power I didnt feel it would enhance my overall gameplay.

I am looking for a fast powerful racket which would provide good control + defence in both singles and doubles. I am extremely grateful if anyone has further information about the Forza Power 996 or anyone who could provide some advice :)

Thanks in advance!

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    TBH if the JS10 won't be quick enough for doubles, you should work on yourself. The JS10 is a very fast racket and pretty great racket in doubles defence. IMO the control is also good and if you feel it is powerful enough, it might be the best option. If you you struggle with the 4U in defence and fast play, you are not that quick and good like you imagine. No offense, but if this racket don't fit your abilities it will get difficult to suggest something.

I can only tell you what a sponsored player told me. He string his rackets on his own and wasn't satisfied about the durability. He don't care, because he get them for nearly nothing, so he is ok with his contract.

I also owned a Forza in the past and I wasn't amazed about the feel and quality. I suggest to stay away from them if you don't get them a a decent deal. Thje 996 is @ 130GBP which is damn expensive for a Forza.

3. DarkOdin

DarkOdin New Member

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. There were definitely no problems with speed when it came to the JS10. I just felt it didn't provide me with the best overall feel for my style of play. It just felt like a lot of control was being sacrificed with the racket being so light. I am looking for alot of power whilst being able to maintain my speed and defence.

I have tested the Forza Titanium rackets and they certainly did not feel like anything special. The Danish seem to love them though!

The Voltric 80 rackets are brilliant in singles but just feels too slow for doubles.

4. DarkOdin

DarkOdin New Member

Another reason is that I dont have regular access to racket shops and I have to buy them online and have them shipped internationally. I can only go based on product descriptions and those tend to be overly exaggerated! :)

5. ipang_bam

ipang_bam Regular Member

Engineer, Badminton Coach
    After read the thread, I think you should try kind of balance racquet, maybe BP about 285-290, buy cheap one first, and than you can compare and buy the high end racquet for satisfy..

6. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

In Denmark Forza is a top brand,, Review's you won't find much (it's a secret brand :) Forza's marketing seems to be invisible or non-existing: 996 head heavy around 88G and VS in my opinion specialized for genuine offensive players, a common racket for the rear-man MD around in the Clubs. I tried it, played with it 1 one session and it's not an all rounder, not at all, it's made to kill the shuttle with, and it will do that job brilliant for sure..
    If Forza I would look at Power 988 rackets they come in 5 different editions, I have a 988M... I have a lot of different rackets :) but I always end up with the 988 again, due to the control-net-feeling & Power
    a great all-rounder in a high quality for around 120usd the 966 goes for around 145usd

If you wanna Google informations on any Danish sites for rackets, start with the brand-model and thereafter badmintonketcher

7. Belgian

Belgian Regular Member

student
    Hey, could you do a full review of the Power 988 please. I find it a rather interesting racket, but I can't find any reviews of it and testing rackets is difficult here.

8. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Belgian I'm on business trip the next couple of weeks, BTW the one I own is the regular 988M and you request a review on the Power-988 So I'm not sure it can help you ?

9. Belgian

Belgian Regular Member

student
    I didn't know there was a difference. I thought the racket was just Forza Power 988M. Thanks anyway! And enjoy your business trip if that is possible ;)

10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    There will always be a trade-off. You can await incredible power and great defence with the same racket. IMO the JS10 is great in control and feel. Are you coming from a 3U VT80? So the best step should be a 4U VT80 or Arc11, if you want to stick with Yonex. MXJJS as 3U(more power) or 4U (pretty fast) should also fit the bill.

11. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Belgian, you're right Mine is a Power too my mistake,, and it's the F not the M, it's going well here :)
    I will tell more about the racket when I'm home and it's in my hand. As yo-next stated 130GBP is far to much.

If anyone consider buying a Forza, take a look at this site. open it in Chrome Etc. with a translator http://www.badmintonsiden.dk/badmintonketcher?manufacturer=16

7,45ddk=1€
    Shipping EU around 15€
    Mail or call them if any questions

12. DarkOdin

DarkOdin New Member

I know their marketing does seem to be non existant ! :) and reviews are few and far between.

I guess I should explain a little better that im definitely looking to keep a more power focused racket which would be fast enough for both singles and doubles. If it offers a more all round feel whilst keeping maximum power that would be perfect !

I doubt that very much so im willing to sacrifice the defence and control as little as possible whilst keeping a good power racket for singles and the pace of doubles.

13. Badderz_Alpha

Badderz_Alpha Regular Member

If you can handle the stiffness and 96 holed 996 go with that one.. the most similar racket would be the old Ti 666 Version 1 they have had out previously...

If not go with the 988 S/M, I played with the M version for quite some time and really enjoyed it!