Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    You will love the JS10 if you came from a BS12,

Much more control and accuracy.

2. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

And power!!!

3. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Certainly there's more control, probably because of additional stiffness. For example all sliced shots difficult with BS 12 but very easy with JS 10. Also when smashing hard you can feel BS 12 bending a lot and power is not transferred to shuttle very well. With JS 10 the harder you swing the more power you get.

4. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    Hello everyone! I just got my JS 10 4u/g5 strung by Nanogy98@26/27 lb. Played for 2 hours and I gotta say I am really pleased by its performance. I used to play with nanospeed 9900 and liked it a lot. Then, I had NRzspeed since yonex discontinued the 9900. And I didn't get the solid feeling from zspeed like I got from the 9900. After reading this thread, I ended up buying one and don't regret it at all. I have few questions though. Is there really big difference between 4u and 3u? What is the difference between KRP, MYP, HKP, and so on? I thought they r all with same specifications but different country code as supplier. Thanks in advance:)

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Just need to spend a couple of minutes to read through the last few pages of this thread to find some answers. For example see post #2183 for a list of differences between all(?) available 3U versions of it.

6. xenocide

xenocide Regular Member

Simply...

KRP - strictly 3U. stiffer, head heavier than commercial
    MYP - strictly 3U. Stiffer, head heavier than commercial n KRP. Shaft is shorter. Handle is longer.
    HKP/ TWP - not sure.

Thats all I know cos I own both KRP n MYP.

7. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    I read that u have both 4u and 3u. Do u feel big difference in game between them? For example, defense, power etc. Is it worth it to get 3u? Btw, I play both doubles and singles.

8. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    Thanks for the info.

9. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

Where do you buy these versions? KRP sounds like my perfect racket.

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The difference is about 1 gramm of weight in the head which can be felt. It gives a tad more punch but slows down the head a bit in defence. Both are great rackets, but with a gun to my head I would go with the 4U. Might be stupid, but to me the 4U shows the true soul of the JS10 best.
    Actually I would even be interested to test a 5U for doubles.

If you want to simulate a 3U, go and buy a pack of Powerizer and apply generously to a standard 4U.

Need to have a look in the Buy & Sell section in this forum. I know a source in Europe from whom I bought my KRP, but it would be very, very expensive to ship it to you. If you want to find out more in detail, the write me a PM and I will send you the contact.

11. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Has anyone compared the KRP with the Ahmad? People said that was head heavier.

12. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I have both, a 4U Ahmad and a 3U 10 (although a very light 3U). The Ahmad is still a bit taller than the JS10.

13. Taeivon

Taeivon Regular Member

MYP is a gem compared to KRP IMHO... KRP doesn't really feels too far from the commercial 4U. But the MYP 3U is a beast. I owned 2 KRP before I sold them off and now I'm enjoying the 2 MYP. Take note: MYP suitable for those who has a liking to heavier rackets. Its in the 2U weight territory.

14. terranerbana

terranerbana Regular Member

Don't believe that you can feel the 1 g in the head. Alone the grip setup of each player will influence the feeling of the racket. For instance, an isotape on the wood of the handle will weight like 4 g, some players do it, some not. Depending on what kind of grip you use over it, replacement grip or overgrip, the resulting weights will be quite different for each setup.

Even for Victor Rackets the weight differences for the same model are quite a lot compared to Yonex, therefore you cannot really compare in the "1g spectrum".

A packet of Victor Powerizer does weight less then 1 g, I don't think that you can change too much with them.

#2254 terranerbana, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You won't notice 1 g or even 5 g located in the handle. But when it's in the head... oh yes, you feel it. It's the lever principle that makes the difference. The father away from the turning point (your hand on the handle), the more impact the extra weight produces when you move it.

That's why the head weight of a racket is by far more important to look at than overall weight and the balance point.

#2255 s_mair, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  16. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    Thanks much. It's very helpful. I will stick with the 4u.

17. Lin Juls

Lin Juls Regular Member

IT Professional
    Just got my JS10 yesterday (PH coded, since I'm from Philippines)

Here's my story :

It took me hour and a half in our local badminton store, choosing from JS10, TK-Onigiri, TK8000 (I'm a YY user my previous racket was a VTZF2 4U sadly it died after an accident and miscommunication with my doubles partner, I visited our local store since there's no VTZF2(4U) available, I got my eyes on Victor,)

I was amazed about the reviews about those three victor rackets I've mentioned above. Down to 2 rackets (JS10 and Onigiri), I immediately noticed the JS10's stiffness and headlight (since it's already engraved on the shaft). I tried dry swinging the two rackets, but the quickness and the sound of JS10 caught my attention. I had it strunged with one of my fave string BG80 at 26/27 lbs. (ZyMax 65 is not available :( )

fast forward to hitting time :

Since i had my hands on BSLYD-N,VTZF2,MX80.

I must say, this JS10 packs a lot of tricks up it sleeve. I thought i would have lesser power since it's headlight. (I play doubles and back court is my comfort zone) I loved hitting smashes with this gem, it hits with precise accuracy and the defense i can quickly recover after quick exchange of drives and after receiving some tight smashes. I though this JS10 will give me less power but i was wrong, it gives a punch!

IMO

Compare to my previous rackets i must say :

Power :
    VTZF2(4U) > JS10 > BSLYD > MX80

Speed :

JS10 HANDS DOWN > BSLYD > MX80 > VTZF2 (4U)

Defense :

JS10 > VTZF2 (4U) > BSLYD/MX80

Drive/Net :

JS10 > MX80 > BSLYD > VTZF2(4U)

These are based on my experience. Hehe

Btw, my JS10 is 4U.

18. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    You couldn't be more wrong. And show me something that proves that Yonex' weight variance is tighter than Victors. I can feel a 1g variance in head weight, no question. But then again I've spent my life in R&D so maybe I'm more sensitive than average.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Agree. 1g may not feel like much from just holding, but if at the top of the frame, you'll feel the difference in more power and less speed once you start to swing harder.

20. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Yonex is known for having tighter QC and producing rackets that are very close to each other in specs, especially in tennis where some players only play with Yonex and Pacific rackets for this reason.

As for Victor vs Yonex, having the luck of being able to compare a lot of rackets from the same model during the whole year, I've seen differences of 4g+ in Victor rackets (same model and specs of course), while I've never seen anything bigger than 1g with Yonex.

Call it anecdotal evidence, but it's worth something :p

Definitely agree about the head weight.