Broken Grommet Problem

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by iAsianGuy, Jan 21, 2016.

1. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

Hi there... need u guys help for my problem... I've sent my racket for re-stringing today when I gave them my racket I told them that I had one grommet that was broken, and they told me that they would fix/replace it. When I picked up the racket it wasn't fixed/replaced.

Should I go back and try to get a refund? And take my racket to get strung elsewhere

If you guys could help that would be great

Attached Files:

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Go immediately to the stringer. Show him the racket. He will know that it is his stringing job and fault. Might be the resolution, but it seems that the string already has cut a bit into the frame. Get your money back and a refund for the damaged racket. It seems to be a VTZFII which cost a bunch of money. Go to somebody else. Such people are not worthy to earn money.
    Write [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] a PM. He is also from Vancouver and can recommend you a decent stringer.

#2 ucantseeme, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yup. string resting directly on the frame is very bad.

kinda irresponsible for the stringer to have missed that.

4. S.Siulu

S.Siulu New Member

https://racketfix.com
    Agree with kwun, that stringer does not care how he made his job. At least he does not checked grommets, even does not to racket when stringing, damaged the frame, and the strings should brake pretty fast.

Look for other place to string.

5. Bugbait

Bugbait Regular Member

Take it back for sure and get a refund and/or full restring. The former would be preferable given the poor workmanship.

I string for a hobby so only offer services to my club. I'd say 95% of the rackets I see for the first time (done by other stringers) need grommets replaced. A few is fine as this is standard wear and tear. About half need over 15 replaced which can indicate some neglect from previous stringers, or just a very old racket. The last few I did needed 22, 24, 29, 32 and 39 grommets replaced!

Absolutely no excuse for any stringer to miss a grommet like that :(

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I agree with you. I had rackets in the past, which needed all grommets to replaced. Every grommet was split. A lot stringers, just see the profit and not the service. Stringing is for them not a passion. It's more a annoying work to make money. Some stringers never bought grommets.

I remember a day when I got a customers racket without a few grommets and horrible knots. It had 6 knots. 2 of them outside.

7. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    LOL 6 knots 3 piece stringing???? :p

8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Jup. It wasn't a repair. After my examination it seems that he did a 2 piece on a 96holes racket the first time, had measured the crosses too short and needed a piece of scrap to finish the job. :D