REVIEW: Li Ning Double Racket Bag

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Charlie-SWUK, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Hi there BC, no pics in this thread. There's plenty online.

The bag I'm reviewing is this one:
    http://www.directbadminton.co.uk/sp...ing-double-racket-bag-(black)?ProductID=23429

Li Ning list this as a 6 racket bag with two shoulder straps, two compartments, plus a shoe compartment.

The bag itself is quite spacious, rather than using the clothing section for clothes, I tend to put a towel, my water, and my shuttles in here. The bag easily accommodates 6 rackets, with room for as many as 8 comfortably. The clothing section has two net pockets for putting things in (such as phone, keys, grips, powder etc.), which works when the bag is static, but aren't very useful if you move the bag around - the things will likely fall out.

The shoe pocket is wonderful, it's well lined and completely separate from the rest of the bag. My size 8.5 SHB 02 fit in there with ease; I'm unsure what the maximum size shoe you'd get in here is, but I would estimate a 10-10.5 would be the upper limit.

The cloth and zips all feel sturdy, nothing feels like it's about to snap or that it has sub par stitching. The fabric is strong and water resistant.

The downside is, the bag isn't sturdy enough. It's a very floppy bag. So much so that the shoulder straps aren't comfortable for carrying this bag as a backpack as you might with some other bags. Really the only comfortable way to hold this bag is like a gym bag - over one shoulder or with the handle.

It's a minimal bag and has some comfort issues, but I'd say that this makes an excellent club level bag. You might want something a bit more spacious, comfortable, or straight up luxury for tournaments. I would say the key selling point is the shoe compartment, that I've yet to find anything comparable to on other products. Yonex tend to advertise a shoe pocket that usually ends up being a tiny side pocket - completely impractical. I'd give this bag a reasonable 3/5, with points knocked off for a lack of structure and comfort.

2. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Good, honest review! I like how you talked about the shoe compartment because I find that that's oftentimes the most difficult compartment to deal with.