Which is best for smashes mp22 or mp29??

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Vinayak, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Plz guys help me i planned to buy a racket for basically smashes and control play so plz someone tell which one is best for me and + durable ...i play regularly very hard 2 hrs

Ok (optional)plz also tell me about voltric u plus 1 ..is it for smash or control play and its specifications

All comments are appreciated thanku

2. Dias09

Dias09 Regular Member

The mps are old models.. The voltric would be better for a power game. Purely your choice though.

3. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Hows voltric uplus 1 its in my budget but i dont know its specification and its for offensive or deffensive?

4. Dias09

Dias09 Regular Member

Since its an entry level voltric, it would probably suit a mid offensive game. It also depends how it feels for you. Try to get a few swings with each of your choices.

5. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Hmm thanks dias09 but plz one more thing..if you love smashes so what would u choose mp22 or mp29?

6. Dias09

Dias09 Regular Member

Sorry, but I have not played with either of them. But I do think that the 29 is head heavier, so I would go for it.

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    [MENTION=125530]Vinayak[/MENTION]

Generally nobody can say what racket, string or tension will help you with your smash. To me you must be a beginner/starter and you will learn the lesson quickly, when your hard smash will be returned. Badminton is more than just the smash. So please stop to open threads about which string, tension and racket is great for smash.
    There are a bunch rackets out there. If you don't have deep pockets, you shouldn't stay with Yonex. Everybody is different and will have a better or worse smash with different kind of rackets. If you play against decent opponents who return your smash with ease or create situations where you can't smash, you will notice how useless a sledgehammer is...

8. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

I own a MP22, and I've strung for someone with an MP29. The MP22 is midflex for sure, and I think the 29 is as well. If you're going for a very offensive racket, I don't think you'll get it with either of them. I don't believe the MP29 is significantly different in terms of flex or head-heaviness (although the one I strung was gripped much differently than my MP22).

You should consider investing in new technology. Surprisingly though, the MP22LT that I own is more head heavy, and more suitable for smashing. I enjoy smashing, and I think that the MP22 can handle my power pretty well; you can't go wrong with the MP22 unless your smash is really really powerful ;) . I hope this helps.

9. mythics1234

mythics1234 Regular Member

I played with a MP22 and own a MP29..... 29 is an overall good racket for defense and offense, but doesn't particularly shine at one. 22 is much much better for smashing and easier for smahing too, but is below average in other areas.

10. R@hul

R@hul Regular Member

Mp29 is better for smash compared to mp22. But if really want to play more attacking game, you should go for voltric lcw force 1. It's the lower version of z force 2 lcw edition. Also price is low compared to lcw z force 2. (₹ 3700 )
    So I would suggest to make better choice as you daily practice for two hrs..

11. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Thank you rahul for voltric 1 but i can only buy racket below 2,200rs ..so it is not in my budget
    By the way do you know about voltric d20 ??
    I planned to buy it at 1,800rs.....

12. R@hul

R@hul Regular Member

Hey vinayak, sorry I don't know about voltric d20 but if it's under your budget u can go for it. Reasons are.. Voltric series are all head heavy rackets, good for smashes that fulfills your requirement as well... Yonex has clearly made different series for different kinda play.. Voltric being mainly for attacking with smart defense as well..

13. Vinayak

Vinayak Regular Member

Thank u rahul u made me satisfied with my choice