Alternatives to Armortec 900 Technique

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MikeyPdog, Jan 6, 2016.

1. MikeyPdog

MikeyPdog New Member

Help! My beloved racket has finally broken and I can't find shops selling it anywhere!

It's a Yonex Armortec 900 Technique.

From research, I found recommendations for the Yonex voltric 80 and 70 and have tried both. Unfortunately, I found the 80 a bit sluggish, and I found the 70 didn't feel right. I think my smashes are weaker but I also dont seem to have the same level of control.. net shots not going over, fast pushes going wide...

I am a county-level UK mens doubles player, playing 2-3 times a week.

What else is out there to try? Are there other rackets from other brands (other than yonex) that could be similar?

2. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    Have you tried an ArcSaber 7?

3. NemChua

NemChua Regular Member

Engineering student
    I own 3 AT700 1st gen, 2 in very good condition and one with a cracked frame. I sell the threes for 300€ if it ever interests you :)
    (two FR coded and one UK coded)

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Cai Yun used to play with 900t. Now he plays with a Lining N7 I thing they call it (you can search on the "professional players' racket" thread for confirmation). It has the same characteristics then the 900t (flexibility and balance point). You might like the feeling.

5. bmiph

bmiph Regular Member

Engineer
    I have 2 Armortec 900 Tech rackets that I don't use. Somehow I prefer the Armortec 900 Power and Z-Force 2. Interested?