Professional players and their racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Josh, Oct 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Wat spec is it ? Any closer pix on the head frame :)

2. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

It is actually a Duora 10 with a cross at 6A which makes it looks like 4 single pass grommets.

[​IMG]

3. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

thank you sir for verifying and I'm totally with you it's legit, some funny allegations it was as the frame/shape look nowhere resembling any ZF2 let alone ZF

4. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    It could be a glanz.

5. mikescully

it could be anything and he'd still schooled everyone^^

take that LD and CL right in front of your home crowd LCW took home SSP haha

#3365 mikescully, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  6. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

At 6A is a single pass grommet and there's no way to put two string through there. I'm referring to my own Duora 10 BTW.

It's definitely not a commercial Duora 10.

7. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Ya, looks like D11 (D10+ VTFZ2) is on its way before Rio.

8. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    I can't see what the fuss is about, honestly... professionals can definitely have their equipment customised, with the same "base" structure. It's the same with all the KRP, MYP etc versions that Victor kicks out... stiffness, weight etc might change, but the basic characteristics of the racket remain. And the consumer versions tend to be more attuned for most mere mortals like the rest of us --> more user-friendly --> higher sales.

As for LCW, there's absolutely no doubt that his game has evolved. His crosscourt net shots and slices seem to be sharper (and more frequent). When he first adopted the Duora, it was observed (even in these forums) that his smashes didn't pack as much punch as with the Voltrics. And in the first round of one of the SS tournaments which he failed to win (Korea? Japan?), he switched back to his VTZF2... If his Duora 10 racket were indeed a repainted Voltric, he'd have very little reason to do that.

I suppose the racket was adapted to hone the new dimensions in his game (having used the head-heavy Armortecs and Voltrics for a good ten years or so), and likewise, he's had to find these new dimensions with more skill and accuracy (and less frequent power). And then there's the age factor as well.

The Duora seems to achieve that... and the next iteration (11?) will be interesting as it would be an even more fine-tuned racket for a balance between finesse and power.

#3368 hannster, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  9. mikescully

my thoughts exactly and who's more entertained with clash of titans games (LD vs LCW) with super rallies like they just showed us during the China Open semifinal if it's not us the fans, LD's comeback after his long break after London 2012 and LCW's comeback just proved they're still the best in the game and for me as fans I won't be too bothered with what racket it was but it's the man and champion inside them (I'll be surely missing them if they retire after Rio next year, so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it while I can).

Duora's concept was ridiculed and made fun of when it first came out, but now when LCW swept 3 SSs it must have stunned and really bothered the skeptics. LCW's statement with Duora was that "It might take time to tame it, but once you could this one's going to be lethal" and the rest is history, he let the titles do the talking.

#3369 mikescully, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  10. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Let me start by saying I own a Duora 10 and I like it. I'm also more a LCW fan than a LD one.

However this thread should be focused on professionals and their rackets and not how they using it.

So here's some of my thoughts.
    There's a photo of LCW D10 that has a different string pattern to the consumer one.
    Is this a D10 with an extra cross at the top? An extra cross would only help the durability of the strings.
    Is this a D10 with totally different string pattern? LCW was testing and this racket long before it was released to market, so if he thought there was a better string pattern, why isn't it available to us mere mortals?
    Would the above two points make the racket unplayable for the average player? Don't think so.

Of course this is all theory, but to me, it only really makes sense if it's a different racket underneath.

And to make another point. You can buy Victor 'customised' rackets, can you buy any of Yonex ones?

11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Does anyone know what rackets Zhang Nan is using at Dubai? Today he had his usual white racket, but also a black and red one I've not seen him use before.

12. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    It's not the N99 is it?

13. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    It's overly simplistic to think that a change in racket would dramatically change a players' game. The reason LCW has come back in such a strong way, is that he's taken time out to repair his body, his mental game is now up with the Chinese, and tactically, I don't think I've ever seen him play better. The Chinese had studied the old LCW intensely, but the new LCW? They don't yet know what he's doing differently, and if they have, the strategies havent been successfully implemented yet.

To say that the Duora 10 is a big part of the improvements in LCW's game is nothing but fanboi drivel as far as I'm concerned.

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied

Heh, nah. Could be something obvious but I dunno.

Screenshot 2015-12-10 09.29.19.jpg

15. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    the n80ii?

16. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Looks like the N99.

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Pix? I can't find any reference to an N99.

18. zaviour

zaviour Regular Member

19. Cannot_smash

Cannot_smash Regular Member

Bag snatcher hahaha
    N99 nt out for sale yet I assume?

20. vishalme95

vishalme95 Regular Member

What is the racket Okuhara used in the finals... She used 2 different rackets i guess??