2015 DUBAI World Superseries Finals : Day 3 (11th December) - Group Stage

Discussion in 'BWF Destination Dubai World SS Finals 2015' started by CLELY, Dec 10, 2015.

1. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    FYI....CM put msg in her twitter that she is in semis.........

2. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

That's a good point , depend on who will peak at right time.

3. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    may be HE Bingjiao,AY.....who knows?

next question would be how china send HE Bingjiao? but i think china may not hesitate to do this....lets see.....

4. super-g

super-g Regular Member

I would not make any conclusions from this tournament. All players are saying conditions are very slow compared to other tournaments. Clearly attacking players are suffering from slow shuttles. It was funny to watch Chen Long vs Jan O Jorgensen, never seen them just hitting clears and drops instead of smashing. For the same reason I don't think Carolina Marin will win her semifinal. I think Okuhara will win women's singles, she's the best runner. She's also got very good racquet skills.

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow, some interesting results! WSX got thrashed? Well done RI!

6. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

And Okuhara thrashed CM! Didn't see that coming. Amazing. My two favourite WS win today!

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Anyone notice that Okuhara hasn't even dropped a set in this tournament? She keeps getting better and better. So much for China theory that you need to be tall to be a good WS player. What they'd do to have Okuhara representing them hehe.

8. super-g

super-g Regular Member

I think Okuhara does benefit most from slow conditions as she's probably the best runner is women's singles. She's also very skilled with racquet, but in these conditions she is unstopppable.

9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow, WSX lost to RI and therefore fails to qualify for the semis?

10. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    CM, SN and NO are 3 totally different types of players. It may be easy to prepare the WS for CM, but how can they prepare their players for 3 different types of players before a tournament. It will be tough.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WSX thrashed 21-14, 21-19? Not forgetting she's just back from her injury at the CHN Open, and, btw, her H2H is still 7-4 in WSX's favour. More importantly, what about Intanon being 'thrashed' by WYH here who extended her H2H to 11-0 ? Also, in that case, how do you describe Nozomi beating Marin 21-9, 21-15, surely the word 'thrash' doesn't do justice to Nozomi ?

12. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    then what do say,sain defeat against Tai....4 times in a row.....i just watched saina vs tai match....tai was not willing to change the shuttle,this unusual with tai.....because tai is also one of well behaved player on court......something happened to her today.......anyway TAI won.....

13. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

14. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    thank you......i just want to ask her,what is the point of winning today?

15. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    ******** draw....once again NO VS CM????oh god..........again RI VS WYH????...............this tournament is completely messssssssssssssssssss

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He Bingjiao for Rio? Near impossible, not enough time or tournaments left for her to achieve a ranking higher than at least two of the top three CHN WS, namely, LXR, WSX and WYH. Even if she is registered to play every SS/GP tournaments next year,which itself is very unlikely for CBA to do so, she would have to win almost every single one of them. What's more , her present age at 18, current ranking of 35 in BWF WR (not R2R where she's way down the list ) and, esp,her lack of experience on any big occasions - all of which are , maybe not insurmountable or near impossible obstacles but certainly highly improbable, impediments that count against her selection.

True, LXR in 2012 at age 20 has set a phenomenal precedent with a winning streak of 35 of 36 matches won which translated into an impressive number of tournament victories and rising to WR#4 by the closing date of London Olympic qualification cycle, we would be really pushing it, outright unrealistic, to expect the same from the now 18-yr-old He Bingjiao to replicate such a fairytale run to the Rio Olympics.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ahh, not so good draws for some,ok for others.

In MS, at least JOJ has his chances against Momota. Too bad for Axelsen who failed to avoid Chen Long.

In WS, I suppose both Intanon and Marin are unhappy with it but would Intanon be happier playing Marin instead? I don't think so. WYH should have no complaints but the outcome cannot be taken as a certainty.

Also, for MD and WD, they are repeat matchups. I doubt Ahsan/Setiawan relish playing Lee/Yoo again, the rest might not mind having another go at each other in the semis.

Only in XD do we get crossed matchups, nothing to grouse about as ZN/ZYL is out of the picture. Similarly for WD, despite the repeat matchups, no reason to grumble in the absence of ZYL/TQ. I mean, the XD and WD really have ZYL to thank for.

18. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow we are treated to Okuhara against Marin again! Although I'll be supporting Okuhara, I'm hoping for a tighter match between these great players.

19. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Ahsan/Setiawan will lose to LYD again. This is a nothing tournament for them. They just want Rio now.

20. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Sad that there almost only repeats of the group stage matches...

I somehow don't like this drawing! It is not near as exciting as it could be :/ :/