Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Lol . couldn't agree more .

2. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Hong Kong Open Updates
    LCW wins against Marc Zwiebler 21 12; 21 12.. One sided Match.. Come on LCW.. Go for Gold

LD loses to a lower ranked player 21 08; 21 18... humiliating defeat in less than 30 mnts

3. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Yeah i kinda forgot to add the 'how many guys it take to change a-lightbulb' in there..

4. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Whatever gave you the idea that I am not a LD fan?? I am, in fact I am a fan of many chinese players past and present. Please give something constructive for once in your screwy debilitating life over here, anything better than 'beware, 3 more loses to come for LCW' and 'That chicken'.. What a 360 turn around calling yourself non abusive. See the light at the end of the tunnel? Be a good kid and turn over a new leaf, pet a cat or a dog or something instead of stepping on bugs like you.

#12244 Pakito, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  5. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    haha, throw in a bottle of perfume on the powder dressing table would be nice also. It's really no fun for sweaty athletes dripping like a loose water tap on court. I think wringing out your clothes at the side of the court looks unhygienic too.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Gentlemen,

Let's calm down a bit on the trading of personal comments

Thanks

mod

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Congrats to LCW for progressing to the SF of HK Open.

8. julianng

julianng Regular Member

aah... chen long lost again.. some stupid mistakes.. few months ago he would have taken this game easily..

9. flite

flite Regular Member

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.....

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Give a guy some credit where its due :)

IMGL6820.jpg

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Awesome! Good to see that you got your photog pass. :D

12. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Wow, beating CL twice in 5 days. Impressive especially after his blip earlier this year.
    Can LCW make superseries finals in Dubai?

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    After LCW lost in QF and early round, I admit to be skeptical and that he was going downhill and I cannot see him rebound to his prior SS form. RIO OLY is over and even winning another SS is very tough. Defeating CL 2X and LD in no lesser than a CHN Open SSP, I am very impressed. Of all the SS/SSP, except for All-England, IMO, CHN Open SSP is one LD/CL/LYB want to win. CO MS is the hardest one to win. We can see LD played so much better and determined in CO than any other SS/SSP lately. It seems LD was playing couldn’t-care-less, possum in other SS/SSP, just play enough to keep his #2 spot to qualify for RIO for one last hurray than risking his health for SS win. As it was, LD got hurt in HKO.
    LCW played very relaxed with so much less self imposed pressure. That CO win, LCW showed his mental game, unlike in the past he would buckle. As Cheung said, give credit when due, I agree. Even after beating CL/LD, he controlled his emotion, just with that grin on his face that he is back.
    LD/CL know they have work to do. 9 month is a long way to go. LD is no longer the 2008 unbeatable player. CL is good, IMO still the one to beat, the best player now but not unbeatable. Depending on the draw, RIO would be fun, quite an even playing field. That is good for badminton.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

LCW's cheeky grin with tongue sticking out moments after winning China Open. No chest thumping, no shouting, no fist pumping. Just totally relaxed throughout the match, even in celebration.

Now tell me if he isn't truly enjoying his badminton. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1448049965694.jpg

#12254 visor, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    There was a time in 2006 (I think) when LCW was hurt (or playing poorly, I could not remember exactly but I did post comment at that time) and his ranking dropped to 6. That was in Swiss Open, and he played a rally style to beat everyone including LD to win SO. Similar to now, with no pressure and not the favorite (I really thought he was over the hill and prolly got smoked by CL), he played far better. I was really surprised the way he played CL and LD. One moment he got knocked out at QF, and then won SSP/SS consecutively, that is unreal.
    His previous speed, smash, etc are back, but the previously missing puzzle like mental and not buckling under pressure is something to see in these 2 tournaments. He was very calm and focus in the 2 finals. The scoreline in CO and HKO, LCW shows that he is at CL/LD level. Moving forward to RIO, it is a whole new game, CL may still be the favorite but not much.
    LD is exceptional, the GOAT, with the whole nation pressure on him, he played his best at OLY08 at home with not a hint of nervousness. How CL copes with pressure as the one to beat in RIO is another question, we shall soon find out. I thought RIO is a coronation for CL, now it gets better and interesting.

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Long time no hear from Uncle OTB.

Glad to see you are alive and kicking, hopefully not those badminton aunties. Haha.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I think what we see from these last two matches is some problem solving. From a courtside perspective, I see Chong Wei changing his game during the match. I see, when Chong Wei takes the shuttle a little low or delayed, Chen Long is very comfortable. When Chong Wei moves a bit earlier to the shuttle especially to the forecourt, or places his base slightly more forward in netshots, the psychology of the match changes in favour of Chong Wei.

Of course, he will be happy with the win - I think he is happier on knowing how to beat Chen Long.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    One more aspect which I noticed is that LCW is smashing more towards the baseline on both sides, both against CL and LD. The stats with graphics was presented during the matches at CO.
    This is more effective as the returned, if any will be shorter and could be killed with another smash.

KS did this a lot during his match in last year's CO final against LD.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep. In addition to that and his more relaxed play style, he showed significant improvement in his net play, cross court fast drops and half smashes, all of which were very effective in scoring points outright.

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Still here okie, okie, listening to all you guys chipping way in this forum, amusing me. Still you guys are no where near the sound level of Pemuda-Cooler-pjswift-limsy era. Those exchanges must the highlights of this forum.
    As for those aunties, I am keeping them in check, holding their hands in case they slip and fall....LOL
    After seeing Cheung photo of jumping Dato, it inspires me to put weights on my ankles to train like jumping Dato. Just wish I am younger....