Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Kennyb

Kennyb Regular Member

Ever heard of "strategy" where the opposition purposely lose the second to recoup? I know it's hard to accept that from a LD fan... :rolleyes:

You can say the same with any players.... And I'm sure everyone who plays here has had that happen to them.

He definitely did his homework on them and figured out a way to beat them. You can also look at it this way - he started late because of his ban which made him more fresh compared to LD and CL who has been playing since the start of the year.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You do have a point. So do Lin Dan when he said he didn't feel good losing G2 and G3 when he was several points in the lead, and I'm sure he knew full well why he lost. Even LCW at the post-match interview said he sensed Lin Dan slowing down towards the end while he himself was able to maintain his pace, implying Lin Dan had fitness issue which didn't bother him in the past unlike recently.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LCW going to be a very dominant figure ? That's a very bold statement to make, as if one match victory over Lin Dan narrowly at that and one over Chen Long can all of a sudden erase all their previous records.

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Oh,So Mr LCW purposely lose the second game and that too in the Olympics Final............And what about the third game????? Purposely,lose that too???????

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LCW did his homework right this time - that is his 5th attempt, the previous four were wrong with the first two before his doping ban in 2014; in other words, about 20%.

What about Chen Long, is he going to stay still, not do his homework with the help of his coaches?

Is LCW's game so different from or better than his previous best in 2011 to 2014 when Chen Long was able to beat him a number of times ? I don't think so.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    #6746 pcll99, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Frankly, to me, any one of the three of them can beat the other two on a good day - and that's what happened this time.

Except that I humbly believe Chen Long at his best is now a little better than Lin Dan and Lee CW going forward, as Chen Long has a significant advantage in age and physicality; skills-wise, I think Chen Long is not as good as LD or LCW yet but he's improving, yes, he can, just look at how he handles the rest nowadays.

8. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    LDs downfall or his future prospectus was not arrived by just one defeat against LCW or by one tournament loss it was after analysing his loses against various lower ranked players. LD is not the same player as he used to be during his peak time. Lets accept the fact that LD is at the fag end of his career and it is unlikley that he might win another super series title or Olympics medal. LCW has emerged as force to reckon with not by his one win or one tournament. He has convincingly defeated all the top ranked players and that is an indication that he is definitely a force to reckon with. We all can turn a blind eye and continue to bask on past glories of LD but the reality is far different from the past. Lets wake up to reality

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WMC's stunning victory is well-celebrated, but why bring it up here?

#6749 Justin L, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Well, I thought what happened in 2007 and 2015 were similar.

Both happened in China; both in the middle of the qualification period; Both WMC and LCW defeated the best (in China or ROW) at the time.

One by WMC, the other by LCW.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

You will wake up to reality the next time LCW will face Chen Long and Lin Dan............One victory over them won't change the truth that LCW is still inferior both to Lin Dan and Chen Long

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

and both won the last tournament of their careers

13. Nine Tailed Fox

And LCW is at his prime???................Chen Long ensured in Jakarta that LCW will never become World Champion.............Come Rio,he will do the same.

14. Nine Tailed Fox

lmao...................

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

But what makes you so sure Lin Dan cannot do what LCW has just done? Didn't LCW of late lost to a certain relative unknown youth, KOR Heo Kwang Hee, in the qualification stage - LCW's worst humiliation in his entire career - and his defeat to Lin Dan at the JPN Open by the unflattering score of 21-17 and 21-10 ?

I'd say both Lin Dan and Lee CW are on the decline. The question for each of them is by how much, is the sudden decline temporary or reversible, how far can he recover, and, if yes, is it good enough to take on his main rivals? I really don't have the answer yet.

LCW's comeback is impressive, no doubt, but who can guarantee he won't fall back again ? Still early days yet. I'd be convinced if LCW continues his winning streak. Let the future tell.

16. Nine Tailed Fox

For Vishnu and LCW fans....

When LD wins,it doesn't count..

When LCW wins,he is a force to reckon with.

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

that is hilarious but could be true lol

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

But they are two different persons, more significantly, WMC is no LCW who is much more talented. Still 33 years of age is not to be taken lightly. True, late bloomers like Hu Yun, Wei Nan, Sho Sasaki, all past 30 have shown it's possible, but LCW is not a late bloomer, he is past his prime whether we like it or not.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Despite Lin Dan being off the boil this year, I still opine that he together with Chen Long and Lee CW, the three of them are in a league of their own.

That's not to say the rest have no chance, upsets do happen, esp at the Olympics, a quadrennial event different from the norm.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If you asked the three of them, they have the highest respect for each other.

In a way, I'm glad that Chen Long has modestly, and I believe sincerely, expressed before he wants to emulate both Lin Dan and Lee CW and still has much to learn from them. With such an attitude, he has gone far and will go further still.