New shoes similar to SHB92MX?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by TonyWdq, Oct 11, 2015.

1. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    Hi guys,

SHB92MX has been the most comfortable pair of badminton shoes I've owned. It's been abused for years, and finally starting to tear.

Recently, I went shoe shopping but came home empty handed, because I found nothing nearly as comfortable from yonex. All of the quattro fit shoes have an uncomfortably hard pressure point on the inner side of the heel, and all of the high end yonex shoes seem to be either too tight or narrow.

Anyone have similar experience? Do the current yonex shoes need more time to break in before feeling comfortable? I'm looking for recommendations, i don't mind if its not yonex, but it might be hard to find a pair to try on locally.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i noticed 10 years ago that you get what you paid for at least with yonex shoes. so i have always paid a little more and just get the shb-101 model when they were still available. with yonex producing more models these days than 10 years ago, many of their models are very similar in style and performance, so the gap from one model to the next have gotten closer.

from my personal experience it takes me around 2 sessions 4hrs each session to break in a pair of yonex shoes disregard of what the model is. i actually enjoy the fact that whether yonex uses leather for their upper or not, they tend to be similar in flexibility and support.