Wang Shixian ( 王适娴 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Next Month World Champion with a Fan
    So Cute!:p

CKajbEHUcAAFC_i.jpg

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Congratulations to WSX,New World Number 4 and the Highest Ranked Chinese WS

CPWBVYQVEAA_JBm.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Can anyone tell me how to remove this attached image?

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    How to remove the attached file(s)

Edit your post... choose Go Advanced mode

Scroll down to the Additional Options

Attachments
    Manage Attachments: CLICK Manage Attachments

You will see a pop up window listing your attached file(s)

Check the BOTTOM part: Attachments

When you put a checkmark at the attached file (click the tiny box at the bottom right corner), you get the option to delete that file!

If you hover your mouse on that file, you will see the tiny icons of "?" and "X" at the top right corner of the said file, if you click on the "X" icon the file will be removed.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Wang Shixian vs Nozomi Okuhara QF encounter at the French Open'15 deserves a very special mention, specifically the proceedings in G2.

I made it a point to watch the replay of G2 again and found myself reliving the amazement and wonder, the thrills and spills, the unexpected turns and twists, my eyes glued to the screen with heightened excitement and bated breath until the bitter end.

Verily, WSX created an almost unimaginable, spectacular and dramatic come-from-behind win in G2, one of the most sensational in badminton history. How any one could do that to a player of Nozomi's calibre defies belief if you didn't see it with your own eyes, no exaggeration.

The staggering feat played itself out in three phases; first, from 3-14 deficit to 14-18; second, from 16-20 down when WSX went on to forced deuce; third, the see-saw battle of the deuces until final victory at 27-25 to WSX. It wouldn't surprised me one bit if Nozomi came away from the astounding defeat shell-shocked, probably to be haunted by it for a long time.

For me, it's like watching a thriller movie without knowing the final outcome until the very end. Breathtaking. Unforgettable.

The video can be found here if you missed it http://livestream.com/accounts/6523598/ssparis2015court2 . Hope somebody puts it on youtube later.

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Wang Shixian on Weibo:
    ''Will continue to work hard"

CSSkU84UYAARGWN.jpg

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Don't worry, WSX might be routed by CM in G2 of the French Open Final but , to me, that's not representative of her capability. Didn't she matched CM quite well in G1, even taking the lead 18-16 but failed to handle the crucial points correctly.

Perhaps in G2, the cumulative fatigue of the previous two rounds of long,grueling matches with Nozomi and Intanon as well as over-anxiety to win took its toll on her. She was like two completely different players in G1 and G2, in the latter game she was unrecognizable, making so many uncharacteristic errors.

At least in G1, WSX demonstrated she hass the game to take on Marin. Didn't she beat her the last time they met, in a three-setter at the JPN Open SS'15 QFs in Oct ?

Interestingly, after the French Open, their H2H is 4-3 in Marin's favour who, however, won 4 of the last 5 encounters. Perhaps some concern there for WSX's fans.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Great job, WSX, beating Carolina Marin for the second time in three months at the ongoing Thaihot CHN Open PSS QFs today. Keep up the excellent work. It proves WSX on her day really have what it takes to challenge all the best WS players in the world.

Actually, I've thought the Chinese coaches have already worked out a game plan to beat Marin, it's a matter of which of their charges can execute it right. I was confident LXR has it but she hasn't got the opportunity to play Marin yet. I hadn't expected WSX to do it so soon, and twice at that, the previous encounter at the JPN Open in September'15, making their H2H 4-4 now.

WSX has shown herself to be a steady, composed, mature and intelligent player coupled with a strong will and amazing fighting spirit of late. I should say her ability to read the opponent's game and hence anticipation is getting better and better. Still the only weapon missing is a good smash, not necessarily a killer smash, to complete her arsenal.

As it is, her playing style is quite special, even unique and somewhat unorthodox if I may say so, and she has brought her refined stroke play another level. Just my humble opinion.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Wang Shixian has suffered a muscular strain.

Source:Badminton Live News

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I searched Badminton Live news, it led to a facebook page in which I found this article http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2015-11-14/doc-ifxksqiv8357436.shtml

Inside , it says it's her knee that's injured, not muscular strain, unless you are reading a different piece.

I think a doctor will have to examine her first and do some medical tests/examinations to ascertain the extent of the injury. I really hope it's a mild case and wish her speedy recovery. Awaiting further news.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

Via a Google Translate option available there....a statement was reading 'Muscular strain'.....i didn't visit sina website............how did i make the mistake,i have to find out......

12. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

How's Shixian condition?

I hope she is okay and get well soon

WSX playing really good.. I would love to see her compete again soon, and see her in Rio!

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Last-minute withdrawal for WSX at the HK Open SS. She is currently No.1 in the SuperSeries Standing, I really want to see her at Dubai SSF. May she fulfil my desire.

I've no doubt WSX took her match with LXR at the CHN Open PSS seriously, their internal rivalry and vying for the two OG tickets are a sad fact of professional sport; friends off-court but opponents on-court.

My heartfelt and best wishes to WSX for a speedy recovery. Hope to see you in Rio 2016. JiaYou !

14. Nine Tailed Fox

Wang Shixian on her Weibo:

" Thank you for your support , I'm fine, just a little hurt , come back soon"

CT5hR-yWEAQ8xNy.jpg

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks fox, great to hear that.

Keep going, WSX !

16. Yohaneesy

Yohaneesy Regular Member

student high school
    Does anybody knows about WSX's surgery? Will she compete in Dubai next week?

17. RanAHis95

RanAHis95 Regular Member

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Even so, WSX won a close three-setter against LXR by the score of 18-21,21-17,and 21-19. Hope to see WSX in tip-top condition at Dubai SSF.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This is for fans and admirers of Wang Shixian, a Q & A, http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2015-12-19/doc-ifxmttme5867563.shtml

Sweet-looking 'Little sister Xian' was a guest at "Celebrity Lounge" to earnestly answer questions posed by her fans. In life, WSX is fond of simple pleasures,on court she is meticulous and dare to shoulder the burden. ( I will leave out the names of the questioners, a bit hard to translate their nicknames).

Q1: In the National Team, do you feel tired? Are you happy?
    WSX: Tired and happy at the same time, all right! Tired because training is tiring, happy as I am suited for communal living because since young I've started living collectively, used to it. Moreover, the team members are of my age. Nowadays when I am back home with my parents, I feel there's a generation gap sometimes, that our thinking is not in the same sphere, hahaha(laughs).

Q2: You always say you are still climbing (rising slowly),the outside world keep saying your form is uneven. How do you describe your form now? Have you ever been disappointed with yourself?
    WSX: Indeed, my form has been rather unstable, at the moment I'm still giving myself more confidence because a lot of times my fluctuating form is a matter of mentality problem. I never lose hope in myself as I've always been working very hard.

Q3: You are a typical rallying, stroke player, usually do you study other sports tactics and playing styles to get tips for your own use?
    WSX: I will watch other sports, tennis and so on, but as for special techniques or tactics, there's not anything you can use. After all, they are different sports, different characteristics,in many aspects no connections. Instead I'd more of draw from other sports players' performance and their experience to learn their mentality, attitude, resilience, and so on, this is what I can learn from. In addition,I'd sometimes hear other sportspeople talk about their experience, thought they are worse off than me, and my mind would be more balanced, at ease. Hahaha, just kidding.

Q4: May I ask, when your form is low, how do you adjust yourself?
    WSX: First of all is to find a way to make myself calm down, and then communicate with others more, listen to the opinions of others more. At times like these, I will talk with many people,coaches, family, friends and so on, because at such times your thinking can easily go to extremes and you tend to take a narrow view of problems. Listen more to the opinions of others, allow yourself to lighten up more quickly and let it go. Generally speaking,try to take in more positive energy,let yourself be happy, cheer up. I think sport and life is the same, when you feel down, everything is down; when you feel good, everything becomes fine; that's why one's mental attitude is very important.

Q5: Don't really know much about the game, but I'd like to ask, sister Xian, of late is your objective to perfect your technique, or increase your power, or improve your capability in the area of attack ?
    WSX: I think I should still improve the accuracy of my shots, to raise the success rate of my return shots and attacks. In recent times there's some improvement, but still need to make it better.

Q6: In every matchup, I felt that you could play out the rally from the first shot to the last, expending a lot of energy, normally how do you build up your store of energy?
    WSX: Stamina is actually the easiest to train, haha. That is, the (physical) trainer plans a training program,then you grit your teeth to do your utmost to complete the program, that's all. Of course, amateurs who want to build their stamina had better get a scientific training program as a guide, otherwise exceeding the limit may easily result in injury.

Q7: Nowadays the women's singles game has become more masculine, what driving force or reason let you persist in your rallying type of game and not make you discard your original stuff? Is it owing to fitness or other reasons?
    WSX: I believe that as women's singles becomes more masculine there is still the component of rallying, not to say that only attack is masculine, using softness to conquer strength is also commonly seen in men's singles. I believe if you persist in your own way, there will be a path in front of you.

Q8: Sister Xian, have you tried playing women's doubles or mixed doubles with your teammates?
    WSX: Yes, some of the WD and XD techniques when used in singles do produce very good effects, the trend nowadays is that many singles players are also using doubles techniques. During normal training, we will also have some training in doubles.

Q9: Little Xian, after Boss Jin (Chen Jin) became coach, what new method did he bring to women's singles? However, when results are disappointing in CHN WS, what's the reason then? What kind of WS coach do you hope he becomes?
    WSX: In my opinion, what coach Chen Jin brought us is more a kind of development of resilience. The disappointment of our WS results has little to do with coach Chen Jin, I feel, mainly, it's the level of foreign WS that has gone up now, everyone's standard is quite close. The WS competition now is really hard, in the past CHN WS was better than the rest, now everyone is strong. Furthermore, all the WS, whether in terms of tactics, physicality or awareness, are at the height of prowess in this period, all coming together at this time. Such objective difficulties do exist, not much to do with the coaches.

Q10: Sister Xian, at the Japan Open you overcame Marin, the coach on court then was Boss Xia (Xuanze). This time at the French Open, it's Chen Jin coaching, what is the difference, if any, in their tactical plans on court?
    WSX: Actually the on court tactical plans/instructions of each coach are about the same, that's because on the court they don't say much,usually only to give a little reminder at crucial points, mostly it's how the players themselves execute the tactics. Let's take the match with Marin, in fact everybody knows how to play Marin, even the amateurs know it, the main thing is how resolutely you implement the tactics on court.

Q11: Head Coach Li (Yongbo) said for Rio 2016 it's three choose two for WS, what advantage do you think you have? Any confidence?
    WSX: At the moment we can say everybody has the edge, we all are at the same starting line, whoever puts in more effort, wants it more, whoever can go.

Q12: It is getting closer and closer to Rio, what is your next target ?
    WSX: Regarding Rio, the goal is - go to Rio !

Q13: On the road to Rio, do you have the confidence to stand on the highest podium? Does your fans' support help?
    WSX: As to standing on top of the podium, I haven't thought about it, let's talk when I get to go. The support of my fans has always been the motivation to my perseverance,am extremely grateful to them!

Q14: In recent matches, you could often turn the tables on your opponents in the end, is this your biggest highlight of the year?
    WSX: I'd say the bright spot in my career this year is a better mental attitude,seeing a problem in a more comprehensive manner, the state of mind is calmer. I think if you let your mood turn bad, you won't solve any problems, why not let yourself calm down a bit. The main thing is to convince yourself to cheer up, this is the biggest progress.

Q15: Although the French match was a bit regretful, you were the only CHN WS to defeat the Spanish Marin this year. That was a more than an hour of hard-fought victory (at the Japan Open), what factors do you think attribute to your victory over her? Do you think if you play against the same opponent and tactics now, in what area you'd have the edge? And what aspects need to be improved?
    WSX: First of all, my understanding of Marin's game is getting better and better, so I can make full preparations prior to the match. It should be said that she hasn't change much in tactics, mainly she is on a roll for the time being, her confidence is on a high, such that she can play more freely. So when I play her, principally I have to be mentally stronger, and more confident. Now, I think I have improved somewhat in my running ability (court coverage), physical fitness and tactical awareness, not too bad. What I need to improve on is my ability at the rear court, power, especially when I encounter slow shots (clears).

Q16: You have been to many countries for competition, which country's tournament atmosphere (environment, condition) do you like best?
    WSX: France. Firstly, the tournament condition is the best, the audience understands badminton, it's very comfortable playing there. Next, my results in France has always been good, more title wins, my happy hunting ground, so to speak. Then, of course, is the shopping over there, hahaha.

Q17: Do you like competing overseas?
    WSX: Like, because I can laze in bed! Back home training, I have to wake up at 7 in the morning for roll call,when competing overseas I can sleep until 9.

Q18: Sister Xian,when not training, what do you normally do? Will you go shopping with teammates?
    WSX: When not training,I'd relax myself, go shopping,watch videos (DVD),dining, catch a movie,that's all. Already so little time to rest, there's not much else you can do.

Q19: I just want to ask, that yellow racquet of yours, what model number, brand, and series edition is it? I have been asking this question for 5 years, nobody can answer me.
    WSX: Li-Ning TB NANO.

Q20: Lady Xian likes sporting long or short hair?
    WSX: Previously, I like keeping long hair, now I'm slowly beginning to like short hair. Frankly, I also don't know why. Firstly, maybe short hair is becoming popular now,; secondly,it could be that at different stages in life, my feelings changed. How should I put it, before I just couldn't make sense of short hair, now I'm beginning to understand it better. Just like my thinking changes mysteriously, I simply don't know why or what to say.

Q21: Little Xian, what do you wish to do after retirement?
    WSX: Go to school! My idea now is , after retirement, to learn English well first, then try hard to be a graduate student,and properly study something. What I want most after retirement is to become a physical education teacher in University.

Q22: What kind of books do you like to read?
    WSX: Gossip magazines and astrology-related books, haha! Astrology because I'm particularly fond of my sun sign. Also what astrology books say about my sun sign seems quite true about my character. Of course, I also study other sun signs, I have to know about what other zodiac signs are compatible with mine, you see. (WSX is an Aquarian).

Q23: In the past I saw you write beautiful calligraphy. When you've nothing to do, do you deliberately write some calligraphy for meditation or something?
    WSX: I practised calligraphy for three years when I was a child. Now I still like to write, usually when I'm free I write a bit with a fountain pen. Brush calligraphy, I haven't written for a long time, because there's no place big enough for me to do that, if there are opportunities for me to write brush calligraphy, I will do so.

Q24: Normally, what do you like to eat?
    WSX: Besides scallion (green onion), ginger, garlic , coriander, and suchlike which I don't eat, everything else I eat! As long as it's delicious,I will eat! I especially love roast meat! (Then how come you're not fat?) I train a lot every day.

Q25: Still like before, say no to spicy hot stuff and seafood?
    WSX: Ah, no, I only say no to green onion, ginger,garlic, and coriander;I've never rejected spicy stuff and seafood.

Q26: Once there were bulletin board (public forum) comments likening you to the character Zhou Zhi Ruo in Louis Cha's (aka Jin Yong) famous martial arts (wuxia) novel "Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre". Do you yourself feel you are like the character in that novel?
    WSX: I don't read wuxia novels, I like romance novels, but I don't feel I'm like any of those characters in such novels. That's because I think in many of these novels, the lead female characters or heroines are pitiful, not particularly good-looking, yet they all have handsome,rich men fond of them , these are not very suitable for me, hahaha!

Q27: Usually what colours you like?
    WSX: Black and white ! Because black and white are easy to match,hahaha. And all those other colours, they always make me feel as if they are either outdated today if not tomorrow, but black and white never go out of date.

Q28: Lady Xian,you prefer to keep your hair long or short?
    WSX: I just cut my hair short and you ask me this question, shows how much you pay attention to me, thank you !

[Source 'Badminton Journal' Celebrity Lounge]

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    [MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION]

Many thanks ! Love the article!!