Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Highest Level of Net Play Ever
    Man From Another Planet
    Aka Prime Lin Dan

[video=youtube;e4SXdE2z4Wk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4SXdE2z4Wk[/video]

2. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    As of Tday, LD is past his prime. He needs to prove that he has still got the energy to beat the top ranked players. There is no doubt on his talent but his fitness and age is matter of concern. Come on LD.. fire for one last time.

3. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Lin dan won 1st round against Qiao Bin Yesterday 11-21, 21-8 , 21-16.

4. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
  5. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    LD struggled to beat a lower ranker player and on the contrary Chen Long (CL) eased into second round with an easy win over Ajay Jayram. Contrasting victories for both LD & CL but is also an indication of what is store for the rest of the tournament.

6. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Lin dan proceed to quarter final , beating Brice 21-6, 21-10

7. Nine Tailed Fox

8. Caffrey

Caffrey Regular Member

Lawyer
    I mean theres only so many times you can win a tournament before it loses its glamor. He seems to have other things on his mind now (like family)

9. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    It's been a while Caffrey...

And unlike other tournaments, the Olympics never loses that glamour

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Brice Leverdez on Facebook:

There are lot of things to say about my game against Lin Dan but I don't know where to start.It shows on the scoresheet in the end anyways.He is not 5 times World Champion,2 Times Olympic Champion for nothing.Bravo to him for playing his best even when there was not much fightback from my side and I made too many unforced errors.To my great surprise,i have still won the right to appear tomorrow on the youtube channel for the "point of the day" with two dives that were probably effective for the spectators and viewers(but not the match)

11. wangyii

wangyii Regular Member

Did he exchange his shirt with LD?

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I hope Lin Dan remembered to do so, he indicated to Brice he would later. Better keep his promise to an admirer, if he forgot, Brice should approach him again. I believe he would be happy to oblige. Also get his autograph; if possible, be greedy and ask for his socks and shoes as well, all signed.

13. V_forever

V_forever Regular Member

Student
    haha great thought! its not like LD can't afford to give them away anyways ;)

14. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi Guys: any of you know what model yonex bag is lin dan use in this china open , he seem not using his limited edition ? Thanks

15. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

LD will take China Open this year beating CL, and it will happen again in Rio next year

16. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Chen Long will take China Open this year beating LCW in the final. And CL will win the Olympics next year.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

We can take something positive from this Lin Dan defeat. Supposing he won the third set 21-19 after drawing level? What then? He will tell himself he's doing all right, still able to beat his perpetual opponent LCW, so not to worry, business as usual.

But I think he'll probably lose to Chen Long the next day and be none the wiser, thinking to himself he still has time to work on Chen Long, confident in his own abilities, vast experience and maturity, without realizing LCW is no lesser a threat as today's semifinal loss to him at the Thaihot CHN Open proved. The good thing is the defeat can be attributed more to Lin Dan's fitness problem than anything else as LCW at the post-match interview admitted as much when he said he sensed LD slowing down towards the end of the match whereas he himself was able to maintain his speed.

I believe at this point in time there are two opponents Lin Dan hates to lose to, LCW and CL, the former even more than the latter. As I've said, every cloud has a silver lining. I trust LD must be kicking himself for mishandling the crucial points, specifically in the decider when he crawled back to level at 19-all only to drop the final two points in quick succession, and, I believe, he should be fully aware of where the problem lies.

It's my earnest hope that Lin Dan take the defeat badly enough to want to put his foot down, enough is enough, and work harder on his fitness, dedicate more of his time and effort, more importantly, give top priority to badminton henceforth until the Rio 2016 if he is to achieve a three-peat Olympic gold. In other words, this frustrating setback at the hands of his old foe, LCW, might act as a catalyst to urge and motivate him onward better than all the previous 10 defeats he's suffered so far this year.

So,yes, based on the past one,two years' results and age catching up past 30, now 32 already, Lin Dan is definitely on the decline. The question is how far can he revive himself for a final push to a last hurrah at the Rio Olympics ? The answer, at the risk of sounding cliche, lies with himself and nobody else.

Personally, from his past records, most recently his WC'13 triumph beating none other than LCW and that after a one-year hiatus, and then followed by winning the Incheon AG'14 individual gold beating Chen Long in the final no less, we do have good reasons, valid grounds, or proven precedents to believe he, more than anybody else, has what it takes to do it again come Rio 2016.

18. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    This proves Lee Chong wei puts more effort in training than Lin dan , let's not forget Lee chong wei is older than lin dan by 1 year, he is 33 years old. Lin dan really need to wake up now .

19. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    it shud be hus 2nd edition

20. Nine Tailed Fox