Yonex Aerosonic 0.61 string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by lcw the best, Jul 24, 2015.

1. lilzombies

lilzombies Regular Member

ICT
    Haha thanks Rob3rt. Think I will try and get some Li Ning No.1 whilst I'm in HK then.

2. lcw the best

lcw the best Regular Member

Bomb maker
    Haven't tried many but love the bg80 and wanna try the no.1

3. papersword

papersword Regular Member

Tried Aerosonic today. Feeling is good. Strung Jetspeed S10 at 25 lbs.

4. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Trying it soon 29lbs with my Duora10. ;)
    20151027_131931.jpg
    20151027_131949.jpg

#44 T.O.P, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  5. lilzombies

lilzombies Regular Member

ICT
    What string do you usually use?

6. AlexLiu

AlexLiu Regular Member

7. BadSID

BadSID Regular Member

Restrung my Voltric 80 with Li-Ning No.1 @24 pounds, and had a go with it. The string bed felt hard when compared to my regular string, BG-66 Ultimax (medium-hard feel). Repulsion was good and felt on par with Ultimax, though, there were moments when I had to thump the shuttle (little) harder to achieve the same repulsion. This is probably down to the fact that I've played with Ultimax for more than a year now, and the sudden shift to a hard-string required mild adjustment in my hitting action.

Drop shots from the back of the court felt fine, and were on par with Ultimax. Net shots were fine too, and I have nothing unusual to report. If I had to penny-pick, I would say that feel of the shuttle on the string-bed was slightly muted, again probably because of the hard feel. Ultimax, however, offers better feedback in my subjective opinion.

I cannot comment on durability yet, but I do not intend to stick around with this string for long. I confess I'm still in love (ahem) with Ultimax's medium hard feel, and effortless power.

Overall, Li-Ning No.1 is an excellent string. Anyone, who relishes playing with string that offers hard feel (no pun intended) would enjoy this. Definitely worth trying and evaluating for yourself.

(PS: I could not locate the Li-Ning No.1 thread, hence I posted the review here.)

8. lcw the best

Bomb maker
    What ok but still gonna try no.1

9. papersword

papersword Regular Member

Strung BG80 at Outstanding Badminton
    Strung BG AS at E Link Sports

10. lcw the best

Bomb maker
    How much? I wanna know

11. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Rob3rt and I have both been using No.1 string for a while now, and I understand where the muted sensation is coming from.

The string can be amazing to play on, but it is unbelievably unforgiving if you miss the sweet spot. The sweet spot isn't huge on it either. Anything outside of it will be an iffy hit with a weird sensation to it.

I switched to No.1 because, having already tried 80, 66UM was my go-to string. Unfortunately I had issues with the mushy durability thing, and had to get my rackets restrung way too much. It was expensive, and would be anywhere from twice a month to once a month.

Personally I found that No.1 pretty much matches 66UM across the board, with higher repulsion from the sweet spot. The durability also seems to be better, it doesn't go mushy. The real downsides are, if you don't enjoy the harder feeling, or if you can't hit the sweet spot very accurately. I get it restrung maybe every 2 months, because the tension doesn't drop as quickly now.

I started using No.1 at 25x27, but now use it at 27x29. With the correct speed shuttle, I have no issues. I had to bump up the tension because at 25x27, I could hit the shuttle out too easily.

It may be that 24 is a little too low for the string to play properly, or maybe your hits aren't quite central enough. I definitely find +2 on the cross is helpful, but I have never hit smashes as fast, or clears and lifts as easily as when using No.1.

12. BadSID

BadSID Regular Member

Thanks for writing in. I bought and tested the string based on your recommendation in the thread, and I was not disappointed. It is a good string, albeit second-best, considering 66UM still remains my go-to-string.

I'm in complete agreement about 66UM's poor durability. I play six days a week, and change strings every three weeks, or even sooner if I notice that the strings have started to fray. It also helps that I enjoy playing at 24 pounds. I've broken my string just once since I started playing 2 years back. The relatively low tension does help avoid breakages:)

As you rightly pointed out, No.1 string is unforgiving on off-centre hits. I'm a clean-hitter of the shuttle, save the odd occasion when I'm hitting under pressure, so I don't think that was a factor that affected my assessment of the string. I guess like racquets, string preferences are personal too!

Your first-hand experience with No.1's durability is impressive considering it is a 0.65 mm string and that you have it strung at 27 pounds. That alone should convince others to test this string apart from its other attributes. Having said that, I'm still sticking with my existing racquet set-up.

13. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Can we rename this thread? Completely hijacked

14. visor

visor Regular Member

So, anyone tried this 0.61 mm string yet? Please review the 11 out of 10 repulsion!

So tempted to get it to compare with ZM62 Fire.

15. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

I just ordered a reel online, should receive it in a week or two. I can review it when I get them, if no one else review it by then. I also have some zm62 (my goto) and zm62 fire, as well as 3 nearly identical specs of js10 4u, so i can do a proper direct comparison of Aerosonic, zm62, and zm62 fire (all in white color).

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Awesome, good taste you have there... :)

(that racket and those strings are my go to too)

17. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    reviews? as long as it's not available in germany, my money is safe. :p

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

It's already available... :D

19. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Eh?? Where? Which shop? Damn.

20. Rob3rt