Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. lcw the best

lcw the best Regular Member

Bomb maker
    I guess so who is their coach gonna get the secret formula although I really like LD

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Lin dan continue like that , i doubt his product of generation 2 will do well and he can forget about qualify for olypimics .

3. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    When was the last time you saw LD get beaten in under 10 points per game? I don't think I've ever seen him beaten this badly.

I'm not surprised that VA won because if you watched him play against Son Wan Ho, he really did destroy him in the 2nd game like 21-7 or something close to that. He's playing the badminton of his life at the moment I believe.

Of course, we all saw how uncommitted LD was to this game. He dived for nothing, let shuttles go, barely smashed, maybe 3-4 smash winners in the entire game. There was no way he was going to beat Victor Axelsen like that. I suspect his motivation and mental state is at an all time low from his body language and play. He's going to have to work hard for his olympic qualification. Because right now he's in no state to contend for a 3rd gold medal at Rio.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LD's worst defeat as far as I can remember. Only 15 points for the Olympic champion?

5. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Chill guys... A neutral venue after this and they both have equal chances of winning. Good to see a new rivalry. How many times have we written off LD and he surprised us by bouncing back? VA was playing in familiar conditions and was a bad day for LD.

6. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

he's hiding his true potential

he loses the battle and wins the war

rio olympic gold medal is his

7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

No,i am not.You can check the tournament thread.

Why???Because of this one result? Actually I already predicted similar scoreline at the start of the day.
    But Lin Dan is the Master of this game,and I am sure he will bounce back to settle the score when the stakes will be even higher.

Danes 3- 3 Lin Dan....H2h this Year.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

No problem.Let LCW fans enjoy.Their disappointment has boiled even more after seeing his 1st-2nd rounds exits in 3 back to back tournaments..Last time they labelled him 'Lin Done' in 2011 and we all know what happened after that.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

His worst defeat was his 2004 first round Olympic exit.No defeat could surpass that no matter what the Scoreline.
    ''Even when I reached my hotel's room,I couldn't believe I was defeated" ~ Lin Dan

10. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Haha just kidding bro, he still got further than LCW so what can I say :p

11. Edmund96

Edmund96 Regular Member

-
    Its LD's birthday so i think he is relaxing

12. Nine Tailed Fox

Axelsen defends Lin Dan,''On Another Day,he will still be a handful"

Danish Badminton Star Viktor Axelsen has defended reigning Olympic Champion Lin Dan after the Chinese Superstar was dismantled in straight sets,a manner never seen before.When asked about his victory,Dane explained:
    ''I really wanted to win in front of the home crowd.The crowd's support really help.My attack was really good today and I didn't let him play his normal game".

However,when asked if he had learnt the recipe to get the better of Chinese,Axelsen rejected:
    ''Although,this is my second win over him today,i can't be over confident facing him next time.You know,every match against Lin Dan is a different game.On Another Day,he will still be handful."

The Five time Champion could not pinpoint what went wrong:
    "I used to do well here but I just don't know what happened today,Viktor kept his mistakes to minimal,He has a bright future ahead.i will figure out what went wrong today".

13. visor

visor Regular Member

VA's physique and play style is very similar to CL's, so LD will find it difficult also, especially in the past yr since LD has slacked off his training.

But for sure, VA certainly has a bright future ahead, in the next 2 yrs expect him to beat CL more often.

14. wangyii

wangyii Regular Member

Rumor:The reason why LD lost to VA so quickly is because he needs to go back to Fujian, China as quickly as possible, he has duty to light up the torch for China national youth games.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Post-match, Chen Long said that Viktor now is on the same level as him, whoever wins depends on who is better on the day. Upon hearing this (from the reporters later), Viktor was elated, his dejection at being defeated vanished, " Really? That's how he assessed me? I'll continue to work hard, hope to beat him one day."

As for LYB on Lin Dan's humiliating defeat at Viktor's hands at the quarterfinals of the Denmark PSS, he attributed it more to Lin Dan not yet regaining his best form, not so much due to Viktor suddenly improving by leaps and bounds.

Viktor himself when asked by the reporters how Lin Dan lost twice to him (the previous time at the AUS Open '15) could only expressed bafflement,and kept repeating in Mandarin " I don't know", adding it was as if Lin Dan was completely not into the game and made too many errors.

On the other hand, Viktor was sure about his winning ways: " I rely mainly on attacks to win points, I think I carry out my tactics extremely well, completely seizing the initiative." At the interview, apart from expressing 'I don't know' (or 'No idea') in Mandarin, he who is fluent in Mandarin spoke mainly in his native language (Danish) and English most of the time. Only at the end did he revert to Mandarin again:" Don't know why, once I'm nervous my Mandarin becomes poor, those verses just disappear, embarrasssing, will try to do better next time."

When the reporters asked Poul Erik Hoyer Larsen whether he is optimistic about Viktor's chances of winning gold at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, he nodded smilingly. Then almost immediately, he suddenly realized it and reacted," Tokyo Olympics ? Why not next year's Rio Olympics ?"

[The above main points extracted from this article http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2015-10-18/doc-ifxivsce6900452.shtml ]

16. Nine Tailed Fox

Even Professional Players can't afford to miss a 'Selfie' chance with Super Dan :p..Here,Lin Dan granting someone's wish.

CRe3A3hU8AEWNev.jpg

17. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Oh wow... Viktor is fluent in Mandarin? How did he learn Mandarin? Especially fluent Mandarin? :O

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He works on his mandarin almost every day iirc, there was a 'Day in the life of Victor Axelsen' type of video on YT a while back where he mentions it

19. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    So he can listen in on what the Chinese coaches are saying during the intervals! ;)

20. lcw the best

lcw the best Regular Member

Bomb maker
    Lol. Easy to spy but he should not have revealed it though