Yonex Voltric 80 E-Tune

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 3, 2015.

1. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Still a bit confused about this racket. So much contradictory Information, [MENTION=75572]yan.v[/MENTION] and myself have measured it at bp 320mm with nothing intalled(just black cont grommets) @kcl31 everything installed only 310mm seems like a totally different racket.

Anyway this racket is a step up from the VT80 in levels of how demanding it is, it is slightly stiffer and significantly head heavier, feels like the zf II in the head heavyness department. Does not have the same hitting feel as the vt80 off the strings in fact it feels very like the zfII in hitting feel off the string bed but with the shaft a little more flex than the ZFII not as quite as demanding. To put it this way ZFII users will find this racket more familiar than Original VT80 users.

Question to any of you guys who have been trialing the different grommets - I would not like to increase the head weight at all, is there a way to try the other grommets and not increase the head weight?? kcl31 suggested you could make it lighter by changing grommets but I thought they were all additional add on's, still not sure:confused:

#221 craigandy, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  2. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    Great overview. Was looking at a second ZF2 but it now seems that I could just get this as it is a less demanding ZF2 according to you
    BTW, coming from a ZF2, would you recommend the black or red grommets for use?

#222 holhm22, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  3. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

If you can handle a vt80 head and nothing more then don't go for the vt80 etune. If the like the vtzfII and run out of puff just towards the end of third set get this racket. If not forget it.
    I havery tried just the black continuous that is on it originaly

4. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

If you can handle a vt80 head and nothing more then don't go for the vt80 etune. If the like the vtzfII and run out of puff just towards the end of third set get this racket. If not forget it.
    I have tried just the black continuous that is on it originaly

5. kcl31

kcl31 Regular Member

I forgot to mention, the BP I measured is with the original plastic warp on grip, which I never remove just to protect the original grip. I think those plastic warps would weight over 2 grams...

6. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    2 grams. Never.
    The plastic wrap is so thin it literally makes no difference to the BP.

7. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Plastic wrap weighs about 1g.

8. ezish

ezish Regular Member

need more review?

9. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I'll be writing my review on this racket next week. I have tested it on its own and alongside the original VT80 so i reckon I have a very good idea how it compares.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

10. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

I have both on my own too. And I've tried it side by side but the etune was no where near the original ones. It didn't continued the solid feeling.

IMO, I can feel the head weight at the T section for the VT80 but I feel more of the head weight at both side for the etune (only lower parts installed) and the vt80 is a tad stiffer than the etune.

Awaiting for your review and good luck.

11. ezish

ezish Regular Member

VT-80 ETune 4U G5 Review

All Black Grommets (No Red or No gold)
    Felt pretty good. The feel is not same as VT-80. Feels lighter than VT-80. Didn't like this configuration.

All Red Grommets
    It feels head heavy a lot. Didn't enjoy driving with it. Smash is ok but I feel I can get same power from VT-80. It just doesn't feel comfortable. I can feel the head heavy and mentally i feel my swing speed is slow.

Only Top Red Grommets 4U G5
    Little better. Still not the same feeling as VT-80 Classic. Still feels a lot more head heavy.

Bottom Red Grommets 4UG5
    haven't tried it yet. thats my next plan

I want people to post more reviews and the different configuration they have tried so far. I don't think I want to try the Gold parts. I want to get a bit more smash power without losing other parts of my game (Drive, defence, drop etc.) Not sure even why Gold grommet is there for. According to Yonex it helps with drive speed. But it is more heavier than the Red ones. I don't plan to use it. Unless someone here explain it to me why would you choose gold over red.

12. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    I choose all gold before, now using all red, noticeble difference is in defence actually, gold parts make defence a tad easier somehow. Strange.

13. esppy

esppy Regular Member

You will enjoy the lower frame stability when you install the bottom red parts only. Sweet. Currently I am on gold parts only for the bottom, faster speed in swing, and yeah, defense isnt lacking either.

No, gold is not heavier in my opinion. The red parts give more weight.

I gave my comments on the parts a few pages back, not sure if you missed it...

14. garra

garra Regular Member

Does anybody knows what is setup regarding grommets for Jan Ø. Jørgensen or any other pro player using this racquet? Yeah they are pros but they probably found optimal setup and I doubt JOJ will sacrifice anything like drive on behalf of smash (well maybe he will, you dont see much drive fights nowadays).

I'm playing with ZF2 4U and i like it , the only thing that bothers me i that lot of time i really need to concentrate fully on shuttle since smaller head size, especially when someone drops and i need to reach the shuttle for thumble or to pick from nearly ground, then like shuttle got stuck on racquet and goes nowhere if I'm not 100% on that shutlle and precise. What do you think should I try this racquet or just to not bother and be more focused. Also backhand, I could use little more help in some situations. I just dont want to give up precision, I can command clears and smashed with great precision with ZF2. What do you think?
    tnx!

#234 garra, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  15. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

JOJ - 4UG4/5 all parts in. 0DK coded
    Source : Badminton Supplies S.A

16. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
  17. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Surprised of the mentions that the racket feels more flexible with vibration issues, I did not feel that at all compared to the original, which I considered to be as flexible as a wet noodle with insane vibrations... hehe

Also, the summary is a copy/paste of the VT70 ETN review, review might not be complete yet.

18. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Well he had to bash Yonex in some way, it's part of his job is to promote his favorite brand anyway :p

More or less agree with Yan V. Don't think the stiffness problems are true, or at least not in comparison for everything that isn't a Z force.

19. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

I don't think the review is intentionally biased. I was quite surprised to feel what I felt when I tried the original VT80, especially with all the inredibly positive reviews of it. I think the original VT80 I tried (and the VT80ETN that Paul tried) may have had some defect in them.

20. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Totally agree it is unmistakably more stiff than the original. Must be a mistake.