Yonex DENMARK Open SS Premier 2015 : Round of 16 (15th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Dutch Open / Yonex Denmark Open 2015' started by CLELY, Oct 14, 2015.

1. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Outside LCW's stunning defeat, I am surprised by other results. son has performed badly against Viktor, not reaching the two digits in the second. Michelle Li beat Nozomi, quite incredible. It is not a good tourney for Japan's ladies, except Mitani. This last one's victory over Saina is not surprising, as Saina's heart is not stable, she has bad results one tourney out of two.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Morning. So TH experimenting of the different partnership works well for the Korean side. Creative and smart move by the Korean coaches have created good doubles partnership. Imagine it just their first time playing together and chae yoo Jung/ shin baek cheol already won against Zhang Nan/ Zhao Yunlei. Must admit that it is a pity I was too tired so didn't manage to watch any of the Denmark Open matches live.

The timing is so different from Asia timing. Guess tonight I won't be able to stay up and watch the matches too. However, glad that I am able to watch the Chinese Taipei grand prix open live as it follows the Asian timing.

3. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Ranking is not just about potential, it is also about consistency. Sindhu can be good on her good days, but she is also bad on her bad days. Being 12-9 this year says a lot about her ability to beat the top players.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It's a bit strange to see a new pairing only now. They lost some opportunities to gain ranking points from previous tournaments.

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

ha, my prediction is done for real... now back to sleep...

6. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Her inconsistency of late can be explained by her progressive return to form after her injury. She is moreover doing her recovery with a good timing for Rio.

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Sindhu was out of the circuit due to her fracture. She did not play for more than 4 months this year. She even could not participate her own country's superseries tournament.

8. renbo

renbo Regular Member

As far as I understand what the players say here and there, it is difficult to be completely into training, so to be in top shape at moment 'x', and perform well in tournaments at the same time. So some apparent bad form in recent tourneys can also be explained by their training program for Rio. This might be the case for LCW.

9. Baddyforall

If you wanna judge by seeing today's result, then we should not forget to add Zhao yunlei/zhang nan's result as well. But i am not immature to do that kind of comparison. Certainly, these players will return to their back old days . That's what the case should be.

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Please share the streaming site to watch taipei GP.

Thanks

11. whyau

whyau Regular Member

IT consultant
    Longest rally in badminton history?!
    4 minutes 31 seconds
    255 shots
    POON Lok Yan/TSE Ying Suet vs Naoko FUKUMAN/Kurumi YONAO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vic5gj2qXKg
    [video=youtube;vic5gj2qXKg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vic5gj2qXKg[/video]

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

He only posted your two contradictory statements on the ranking. :)

Ranking is based on past results over. Don't play or get knocked out, then the ranking goes down. Play and win more, the ranking goes up.

I don't know why it is so hard for people to understand it there is a lag effect for ranking to reflect current form.

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Love the commentary!

14. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    She has hovered around the top 15 for at least two years now, but the last time she moved beyond the quarterfinal of an event was 13.5 months ago at the world championships. I don't think anyone would find it controversial that she is not consistent and that this shows up in her ranking.

15. Baddyforall

For sindhu's case, that's not my statement. Yesterday , have you watched jan's match? .

The commentators Bobby and Chris who were commentating Jan's match , they often mentioning about sindhu's match against Tai. At last, they both said that statement. I simply reposted what they have said. :)

I have mentioned that in my post, if you have not seen it. :)

These whole conversations started because of another controversial statement. I hope you read that also.

Let's hope all the players who lost today will give good performances in the upcoming tournaments .

#175 Baddyforall, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  16. Baddyforall

Yep. She is not consistent because of her injury problems. period.

17. wangyii

wangyii Regular Member

18. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    It's pitiful that Li Xuerui must again face Wang Shixian in the quarterfinals, what a waste, a replay of last month Korea Open.

I hope Li will win this time.

19. Baddyforall

Coach Vimal Kumar later hinted at trouble in the adductor-abductor area, the hip-flex strain severely restricting her movement. There’s also a right Achilles heel flare up that will need to be monitored.

“Saina’s been struggling with her movements since the World Championship. Even in training when she’s pushing herself a little extra, she is struggling,”

“We’ll check with the doctors, and take a call on whether it needs urgent attention, or whether she can continue playing simultaneously with the treatment,” Vimal added.

“We need to find a time to fit in a break where she can recover, but the compulsions of the circuit are such that you can’t really take off,” Vimal said.

“I am concerned right now.”

“I’ll check on the gravity of the trouble, and take doctor’s advice on this,” the coach said.

Why not take a break for 1 or 2 tournaments and come back?
    This may help to heal it. I dont think her ranking will change much

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, sadly.