Some shoe help

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Wilkopop, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Wilkopop

Wilkopop New Member

Student
    Hi there! So I have some court shoes that keep giving me rather bad blisters on the inside side of the sole on my foot, so I'm looking to get some new shoes. I've been looking at some Yonex shoes and was wondering if anyone here has a pair of Yonex shoes, and if so could tell me what they are like :) the problem with my feet (apart from being big) is that they are wide as well, so any details about the width of the shoe and the padding for the inside side of the shoe would be great.

If anyone specifically has the Yonex SHB-33EX shoes, do let me know as they are the ones that I have been looking at.

Thanks!

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I guess that your budget must be pretty tight, right? For wide feet I can only recommend SC series and SHB86. Generally YY shoes tend to worn out fast. You are tall, so you are automatically on the heavier side. I would spend most of my money on shoes. You can't buy new joints etc. Li Ning is also great for wide feet. Asics also have great shoes for badminton until size 14, but only go for the progressive, blade, blast and sensei. Most people I know who use cheap shoes and play regular and/or don't change them every 6-12 month have issues with their legs,knees or joints. Most people don't understand that court shoes don't have any sign of wear and tear like your sneaker.

3. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Well. a good pointer. Hmm. The problem is, there are almost no way to check if ur shoes are already broken except pain, and maybe... time. The problem is, badminton shoes are not that cheap, and with someone with tight budget.. this creates some problem.. Insole padding could only help until your padding inside the shoes broke too.

As for wide feet.. choose the sc line of shb shoes.. and.. probably you have to lace your shoes differently.

4. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    I concur, two things in badminton you need to invest well in, shoes and racket. Everything else is okay to skimp on. With regards to shoes, I have the Yonex SHB-87-LTD and they are very comfortable. These are high end shoes though, if you are on a budget, go for any Quattro Fit ones as they are slightly wider than the other Yonex range.

Other brands I can recommend are Adidas, they make nice comfortable shoes and are wide fitting. In your budget, Adidas Essence 11 or Feather, they are reasonably priced and nice shoes.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.

5. loveshuz

loveshuz New Member

Fashion Designer
    I am from Canada.For good shoes and sandals i am preferring Shoes Toronto. It gives best quality sports shoes and very light weight material. so this is i suggest you to check product online.

6. Lomtez

Lomtez New Member

Hi Wilkopop,

I don't own the the Yonex SHB-33EX shoes but I have read they are gentle on feet and joints and they have a good grip. The Yonex power cushion technology absorbs shock and uses the energy of the last movement (impact energy) to "fuel" your next movement. I would get them from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yonex-33EX-Mens-Badminton-Shoes/dp/B00K2TWSKE

Julie

7. Micha

Micha Regular Member

^^ This is so funny tbh