Chan Peng Soon & Goh Liu Ying

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Dec 5, 2010.

1. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    GLY already using HX800, my mistake don't check at photo.... :)

2. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Haha.....real soon means "have to wait". I heard from a reliable source, he is testing TK9900 in training, we "have to wait" and see.

3. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Ya the thruster does seems more suitable for his playing style but it maybe not as agile racquet as the vtf2

4. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

just lost tamely to INA no.1 pair... maybe not yet fully prepared as not only against the INA pair but also against the demon crowds there... :(

5. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Ya the crowd though add excitement to the game but distracting as well. INA had home ground advantage

6. KingCantona

KingCantona Regular Member

They didn't have a good start. Giving some easy points.

7. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    ChanPS service is even worst than a school children. No way this pair can be a world class pair

8. visor

visor Regular Member

He and Lim KimWah too.

Pretty sure they can serve perfectly during practice. But only to fall apart during intense match pressure.

9. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    The pressure definitely affects people differently. Some get it better than others.

10. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    Service is one of the most important area in Double. If you can't even serve well, how are you going to beat world top pairs ?

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Have been observing how Chan Peng Soon served and it was not that bad as said. Nervous perhaps sometimes. Well, not that bad. He is hardly ever faulted before when he served.

The thing that I am more concerned for is Goh Liu Ying. She admitted that it is never easy for her to stage your come back. She admitted that she still felt the effects of knee pain while playing. Not easy for her. Flashes of her injured and painful knees will still haunt her in her tournaments. She said at times she is afraid to go all out in fear of aggravating her knee injury. It is never easy for her to forget her knee injuries in the past and played on. However, she said she is thankful to Chan Peng Soon for being so understanding and encouraging her during tournaments.

Goh Liu Ying said that now she has more confident and is able to go all out without fear of aggravating her one injuries of course there is the effect of going all out she said. I might aggravate my knee injuries and my knee may be injured again.
    One thing I learn now is just go all out to win in tournaments and never hold anything back, never worry about the return of my knee injuries.

So far so good for Goh Liu Ying because she has a good net play and is able to intercept the shots at the net very fast. It is definitely not easy for a person who has gone through knee injuries but credit to her on her bravery to play again. I wonder how many people can do that? Make a comeback after injury.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Said Liu Ying: “I still find it hard to dash from one corner to another on court ... there is still much to work on.”

Liu Ying said she was grateful that Peng Soon had stood by her all this while.

“It’ll be difficult to go on without a supportive partner and I am glad I have Peng Soon. Together, I am sure we will make it work.”

Peng Soon said they would work hard to find ways to narrow the gap at the top.

“We hope to qualify for the Olympic Games next year. We’ll train harder and continue to find the breakthrough,” added Peng Soon.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Just checked the current world ranking for this week and what I shock I got. Amazing. Their world wanking is now no 17. But before that wait a minute.. Their ranking at the beginning of April is no 263 and it is that low. But now just within 4 months at the beginning of September their world ranking has improved 246 steps to reach no 17. I still remembered vividly that both their ranking is no 3 right before Goh Liu Ying stopped playing for a year and decided to go for knee surgery. Well all I can say is that both these players are definitely the player with the most improvement for this year. Well good job done. It was never easy for Goh Liu Ying to make a comeback after the injury but I am very glad she did after all. Both Chan and Goh have shown lots of improvement this year. I believe that both their ranking will continue to improve and break into top 5 by end of this year. Congratulations.

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Based on the recent New Zealand Open matches, Goh Liu Ying was working extremely hard and it seems that her physique (knees especially) could not really handle the workload of constant directional changes. The last time I saw her work that hard was during the SEA Games mixed doubles final, which they narrowly lost to the newly-crowned All-England Champions Jordan and Susanto.

At the end of the NZ final, Goh mentioned about her lack of movement due to a swollen knee after the semifinal match - notice that she was moving slower and got caught out of position a number of times in the final. But what I like about her is the ability to apply pressure at the right time, especially at the tail-end of the two semifinal and final matches.

Chan Peng Soon showed great leadership qualities especially in the final, but more important is his improved on-court tactical awareness. Able to change the gameplan to reduce the impact of his partner's limited mobility is no mean feat.

Although the achievements of this pair may be limited by the extent of their physical capabilities (especially Goh Liu Ying), I like their mental fortitude, tactical awareness and constant communication for each other. Something their more physically capable teammates should learn from. Whether in victory or in defeat.

kwun, visor, nizze and 1 other person like this.
  15. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i agree much with the last paragraph. gvs/twk could learn much from these two... but the pair that really need to learn to communicate the most is the women's double pair of vh/wkh.... they play like two passing ships in the ocean. no communication.. no interaction.. no emotions whatsoever...which is too bad coz i think their skills are really good

kwun likes this.
  16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    For Vivian Hoo and Woon Khe Wei, they need to talk to their physio trainer first. Physically they cannot adapt to the punishing demands of long rallies in Women's Doubles. No joke - top WD matches are getting longer than a whole football match. Forget about the skills when the legs can't manage.

kwun likes this.
  17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    that's a good comparison, however football is share among 22 players & badminton only 4.... that's very taxing

18. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Just watched their SF match. Why these mixed double players always do low flick serve? Why don't they do high flick serve?
    The return also seems to be low return direct..why opponents don't flick return to the other extreme corner.
    Most domestic games...ppl will flick return to the other corner or clear to the far back.
    Anyone can share the tactic for their play?

19. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Tomorrow, CPS's serve will be their downfall

20. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

U need to stop jinx-ing it