Rest of the World versus China

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Loh, Apr 19, 2005.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I still think that at this moment, Fu/Cai are the strongest pair in the world. Based on their performance in the All-England, I cannot think of a single pair that will be favourites coming up against them. Sure, they can be beaten but before the match itself, they will be the favourites in every one's mind. I stress that this is the case at the moment, not next year, not last year. (Of course, if there is a sudden drop of performance level, then I have to eat my words.)

If Lin Dan matches up with Ronald again, who will be the favourite? I am not saying anyone is invincible but we have to look at the current form. Lin and Chen came up tops in the recent major tournaments. Matching up against any non-Chinese (Taufik, Gade, Ken, Lee CW or Hafiz), the Chinese will be at least equal to the task. Of course, given the right equation and right environment, right etc. etc., they can both be beaten. In reverse, given the right condition, both Lin and Chen can win also. In fact, it is harder to imagine both of them losing than both of them winning. But to be fair, we have to imagine it in a fair environment for both sides. I think the most probable outcome is a 1-1, followed by 2-0 for China, and lastly 0-2.
    Remember that whoever is chosen from the ROW has to face his Chinese opponent individually. It's not as if we can assemble all the best aspects from different players into one super player (although it will be interesting if we can do that).

Mia is losing the fight to even have the right to challenge the Chinese.

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    mmm? Sorry if this is off topic :).

My lineup I figure is the based on who I think will have the best chance of beating the chinese on any particular day.... (my opinion, don't need to start flaming me :p)

Anyways bout service in the diplomatic corp?? Hmm..

I haven't actually given any thought to that :). But in this uncertain world, you never know. Might be kinda fun! Who knows :D:D

Btw, Loh, any specifics you wanna mention bout the diplomatic corp?

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No, nothing in particular, except I vaguely recalled that there is some sort of a link with the foreign service that you might have mentioned in the past.

In this particular case, I thought your preferred international line-up reflects the true nature/makeup of ROW and this is like seeing diplomacy in action. :D

4. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Hahaha. Oh well, maybe I'll venture in the unknown one day.

I'll included subs or backups also, since China has a HUGE HUGE Squad.

Main probable team
    MS - Taufik
    MD - JE / ML
    WS - Pi Hong Yan
    WD - Ra / Lee
    XD - Saralee / Sudket

BackUp
    MS - Kenneth Jonassen
    MD - JR / LP
    WS - Mia Audina (If only camila still plays.. sigh)
    WD - Saralee / Sathinee (If only Rikke Olsen still plays.. sigh)
    XD - JE / Mette

5. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    well, on one hand she is a two time olympic silver medalist, and yes she has consistently been a major threat to the chinese WS over the past few years. But fact is, that was then and this is now. IMO the olympic is the last time she perform at her highest level, and its all downhill since then for Mia. so therefore, i would not consider her to be able to challange the chinese NOW.
    as for the other ROW ladies, they still have lots of catching up to do. Yes its a difficult task, but it can be done. the one person that IMO has what it takes to beat the chinese is erico hirose.

6. other

other Regular Member

Student
    yup, but ZN is not olympic champion and world champion for nothing either:cool:

and XXF is also current world #1:cool:

everyone can be beaten, but the point is that you would not expect these two to be easily beaten

7. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student

8. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    I agree it would not seem appropriate to write off Mia, against Chinese. But I from recent footage, she does seem to have put on weight?

9. badplayer2004

badplayer2004 Regular Member

most interesting toss up is XD..many good pairs...the english.the korean lees,the thais and the danes....big trouble for the chinese pair

10. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    lol man :crying: .. China will get a point from WS for sure