If now I'm playing Yonex Voltric 5 3U, and I want to buy VZF2 4U...

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by garra, Jun 24, 2015.

1. garra

garra Regular Member

I play singles, and only singles... Play badmin for like 10 years with pauses. I have good technique I would say, got all shots, play recreational torunaments (not A class , but B). Got no problem generating power, I got proper pronation technique. Backhand is also ok...
    Strings zymax 65, now 62f ,66 also , testing arround... arround 28-29 lbs.
    I have racquets:
    Carlton iso elite , gold version, extra stiff stuff heavy - this one is to demanding for me , also drags a lot ,not fast racquet ..
    Carlton also some elite, but less stiff and less head behay - ok racquet, nothing special..
    Trump tornado 666 - vt 70 "copy", stiff, not head heavy, ok stuff, nice control, fast racquet also has thin shaft like vt70 - 85 grams , probably missing power a little

vt5 3u now... no thin shaft , smash is good, I like regular smashes with my V5, i can penetrate quite good opponent.. Drop also ok, drives are fine..
    quick smashes not. I miss my tap smash, I cannot do damage in that department and I could using tornado 666, I managed to destroy oponets with this shot . control also suffers i think, net play weak , better with tornado, or i dont hit shuttle enought so it land in my net or hit it not close to net...

So now I'm considering vzf2 4U. I got feeling that with zf2 3U I still wont be able to generate fast shots above head. And I just want to know , because everything else will be better I guess, I just want to know will power I got from my smashes be the same I got with VT5 3u? Is technology behind zf2 4U capable to overcome 3U of vt5?

Do you have any more racquet to recomend maybe? Money is not an issue here. But as I see, vt80 is not like 2x lower price that zf2, so why dont go for "best".

many thanks

#1 garra, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

"The best" is what feels best for you - so try to get a racket and play (test) it !

Regards,

Joachim.

3. garra

garra Regular Member

Yes.. And you are right.... And I should do that but in my country arround me no one plays with it and Yonex left country. So I just need technical comparison, just pure technology / weight analysis of those 2 racquets, and not general advices like you should try it and decide. If I can try it I would not write this post :)

4. scps88

scps88 Regular Member

n/a
    Sadly what Smashit says is right, otherwise you'll have to buy one to feel it yourself. I myself was once fond of Carlton racket during my younger days but unfortunately nowadays they do not offer high-end models around my area (Kinesis, etc) hence I jumped onto Yonex's bandwagon & most probably Victor in future.

In my opinion, what the forum can do is to word out the feel (with some personal elements) & the specification of a racket with additional info of own play-style, etc for discussion & better insight; for example, I'd say that even-balance to slight head heavy with medium flex racket should be good like vt50, arc7 or bs12. Ultimately a racket will not lie to you until you swing them.

5. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Isn't there any possibility to get a test racket from your local dealer or - if not - via WWW ?

Regards,

Joachim.

6. garra

garra Regular Member

Naah... Like I said Yonex left my country. Sad but true.....
    Ok lets get me out of equasion and let say we take ... Lee chong Wei in....
    And we got Voltric5 3U vs Voltric ZF2 4U stringed with BG 80, 29 lbs.
    And LCW wants to smash, and only smash and penetrate. Which racquet would he choose?

thank you

7. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Well first of all LCW wouldn't be caught dead with a VT5 :p

Secondly, even if he's not a top player who gets all his gears for free, he should still choose VTZF2 provided his aim is to smash and...penetrate his opponents (no condom style?). Seriously though, VTZF2 should provide a much more accurate smashes for him compared to VT5 what with all the technological jargon written on the racket itself!