Looking for partner/group in SSF

Discussion in 'Bintang Badminton Academy' started by Tactim, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    Recently moved to SF, so I'm looking to see if there's anyone who wants to form a regular group to play, male or female. I'm an intermediate player, been playing for 6 years, early 20's. I'll play singles, doubles, or mixed. I just want to play really =). I've only been playing once every couple months so I want to get back into things.

Looking for probably anytime from Saturday-Monday though we can work something out, though I am in graduate school so I may not be available some weeks.

KC582 likes this.
  2. Baddy_SG

Baddy_SG Regular Member

Hi, are you still looking for people ? I am interested, same like your's, recently moved and like to play during weekends.

KC582 likes this.
  3. novl

novl Regular Member

Financial Advisor
    I'm living in Amsterdam and will be on vacation in the Bay Area from July 16-26th. Would like to check out the badminton facilities and play a game. My level is intermediate men's doubles. Do you have room for one more guest player? Thanks.

KC582 likes this.
  4. Baddy_SG

Baddy_SG Regular Member

Sure, you are most welcome. I will be playing at eastbay badminton association which is at Emeryville mostly during weekends. You may locate this in Google. If this location suits you can contact me at 4152591624. I am Francis by the way.

KC582 likes this.
  5. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

FYI, EastBay Badminton Association (EBA) is quite close to San Francisco (SF, SanFran, the City). Maybe not as close as Bintang in South San Francisco (SSF), depending on which part of SF.

Typically, the players at the clubs in the Bay Area are quite friendly. If you're not too newbie-ish (sometimes even if you are), and if you ask nicely (e.g. 3 needing 1, or lone person sitting by the challenge courts), they will play with you :)

Or you can join some Bay Area badminton meetups, on meetup.com. Locating the members at the facilities can be quite a challenge though :p

Francis, I don't think we have met that one time I played at EBA, but say hi to Danny and Greg and Zaza for me :). If you don't know them or they don't know you, even better :D

#5 kaki!, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    KC582 likes this.
  6. novl

novl Regular Member

Financial Advisor
    Thanks guys. That's useful info. In fact, a few years ago I was in Berkeley to visit my niece. When I'm in town, I'll give you a call. For sure, I'll look up that meetup site.

KC582 likes this.
  7. novl

novl Regular Member

Financial Advisor
    Hi Francis, sorry I couldn't go to the Eastbay club this time. My niece moved to SSF and we went to play close to her home at Bintang SSF. I must say it was a lot of fun playing there. The hall was packed on Friday evening, but there was a challenge court and after a short wait I could join in. The players were very friendly and willing to play with me. There were some good players, I was told that their level was around B/C. I used to play tournaments at the B level in Holland and was very relieved that I could keep up with them. If i'm in the Berkeley area next time, I'll contact you and we can play a game.

KC582 likes this.
  8. tonstertsf

tonstertsf New Member

Playing in South San Francisco on Wed, Sat