Need help to minimize the number of tests of different models and find ideal racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BadmiCat, Jun 20, 2015.

1. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Hi everyone!
    I am a beginner/intermediate. I want to find my ideal racquet, but I don't know how to start. For it I should understand the different concepts, but it is not easy: there are too many brands, models, combinations: power, control, head-heavy, head-light, speed, stiffness, flexible, balance and so one.

I have opportunity to try different racquets, but I want minimize the number of tries. I think it is not very smart to try all models of Voltric to understand the concept of heavy-head racquet. I think one well-established models that represents its niche will be enough.

Can you recommend some popular models that can give a general idea about different types of badminton racquets? Just write the ones that, in your opinion, cover all.

2. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

PS I am pretty aggressive player, play doubles most of the time. The most problem is that I can't sent the shuttle to the back of the court easily. I play with a Yonex Voltric 80, but It seems to me that it is too heavy, slow, and too stiff. I feel that I need more speed and flexibility, to send the shuttle as far as possible with minimum efforts.

3. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

I think I know what you mean, sounds very familiar to me ... ;)

First, it's not the racket that plays but you are, so it's a question of technique and training.

But I understand that you are - als I am too - searching for everyone help you can get, and for me it's ok.

So to reduce the number of rackets to test, I asked my pro-shop for the extreme rackets and started with the most HH and HL ones. From there I went on, and for me it worked quite well.

Enjoy the tests, and good luck !

Regards,

Joachim.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

In your case, probably best option right now for you is VT70 E-Tune. With the adjustable parts you can probably fiddle around to discover the right balance for you.