Yonex NR Z speed success stories

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Xuser, Dec 8, 2013.

1. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    Sadly, i have to agree! Luckily i only play singles with it. But once in warm-up with 4 players on 1 court and 2 shuttles i played on the left and the player on my side was a lefty!

#21 picard500, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. Jimmy Ng

Jimmy Ng Regular Member

Sales Manager
    i got two.z speed. personally i don why many review it is not a good racket. this is a good racket if u continue play on it. if u did not have a full session then u cannot really get the timing of hitting it right!. then it is junk for u. it is a very powerful racket..it really help u on drive, pin down and defense. smashing u may not find it "booming" like voltric but it did well with sharper and fast kills.

3. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    If you want "booming" smashes, lower your tension. I think this racquet has an amazing smash. Remember that it has a small sweet spot. Once you lower your tension, the sweet spot gets a little bigger.

4. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I can see the racket is good for fans of head heavy rackets.

BUT, the cons outweighs the pros

- For most people playing with regular sized Iso head, the ZSP head may take time to adjust

- The feels of ZSP is numb NUMB, feedback when making contact with the shuttle is horrendous, much like the ZF II

- Carbon Graphite quality is subpar and lower quality, after a clash, the racket will most likely break, if not, then layers of carbon will be chipped, thus reducing the rigidity of the head.

- The paint work is HORRENDOUS. The fancy details are done with vinyl stickers, on a orange base paint, then sealed with a layer of clear coat.

BUT, the base coat orange paint CHIPS and CRACKS when hitting shuttles....
    The paint quality on ZSP is on par with my APACS Tantrum 500 international
    Which is Below Average

For these reasons, I sold my Z Speed 3U last year after literally using it for less than 1 hour.

5. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    So, an unusual circumstance for you Z Speed users.

A junior I play with had a Z Speed strung at 24lbs. He says he miss hit a shuttle (and others have backed this up - I didn't witness it first hand though) and caught the frame (top left of the head); not only did his string break, but his racket head broke. He sent it off to Yonex and they responded saying they didn't believe this could be caused by a shuttle, and that it must've had clashes, citing some of the chipped paint as their reasoning.

I've never used the Z Speed before, but I've seen a few comments here saying that the paint chips extraordinarily easily. Does the frame feel flimsy enough to break the frame from a miss hit with a shuttle?

6. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher

YES!!!

Ever since Nanoray 700 RP/FX, Yonex carbon quality was going to the garbage...

even on earlier rackets, such as Mp99, Ti-10 etc were also not very strong frames when it came to clashing, but still, better than most of the latest models from Yonex...

So now you know, all of those fancy marketing gimmicks from Yonex, Victor, Gosen, LiNing, etc are ALL BULLSHET lol

Elastic Ti, Ultimum TI, Ti Mesh, Carbon Nanotube, Tungsten, Nanospring, CS Carbon Nanotube, TB Carbon, Quadrixial Carbon, Hot Melt Carbon, Aermet Mesh, T Anchor etc etc are all BULLSHET Marketing Ploys, and it DOES NOT make the frame ANY DURABLE THAN a simple 100% Carbon Graphite racket like Cab20/21.

this is because all of these "Technology" really only makes less than 1% of the total carbon on a racket.

CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW EXPENSIVE A RACKET WITH 100% CS Carbon Nanotube will Cost???

Freaking EXPENSIVE

7. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    First of all: This thread is captioned "Yonex NR Z speed success stories" if i'm not mistaken! So if you have the purpose to complain about the Z-Speed please go for another thread!

Anyway, if got several bad days in training and hit the frame of the racket with the shuttle more often.
    Till now, there are no signs of any damage due to these contacts! Sure, clashes with another racket will cause paint chips!

8. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I have no personal stake in the racket. I'm not complaining. I actually wanted to know if this is a realistic possibility with the racket, and if so I would've passed on the information to the racket owner.

9. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    Got you! :) Wouldn't point on somebody special. Actually you got an answer or opinion from me!
    Anyhow, there are quite enough negative Z-Speed threads out there. And this one could possibly tend to get another one, despite the headline!

10. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

what string best for this racket nanoray z speed??

11. gy79bc

gy79bc Regular Member

programmer
    I used to feel N-ZSP is little head heavy with NBG98 at 26.5LB. However, after string broken, I recently changed to thick grip and new NBG98 at 25LB . It is great, tons of power, sound is much better with NBG98 at 25LB. And I can play with both Single and double.

12. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

hey wanna play drop in with me??

13. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    I'm using BG80 at 26.5lb. Also a lot of power and very good control!

14. stealthy1

stealthy1 Regular Member

I use my ZSP to fairly good success. Generally for me the best use of these is when I use it with feather shuttles, the feeling of using ZSP with nylon is just way too numb and dead, I have literally no feeling when I hit, and I'm one of the arm/wrist people.

Back when the racquet first released I was wrist attacking with my smashing and it was deliciously easy to deliver fast angled shots. I use BG-66UM at 25 on my racquets.

From my standpoint when I first used the ZSP (and I still get this feeling transitioning from different racquets) that the head of the racquet accelerates slightly at the apex of the swing. Aside from that, the only things I have to say are that I picked the racquet for its handling capabilities, as someone mentioned before, I also find that it has decent defense. And when I say good defense, I mean as someone who has used a ZF, it's almost night and day difference. Whereas for the ZF I could hardly do much in the neighborhood of returning attacks and drives, ZSP returning and driving is easy. The only thing I have a fair bit of trouble with is backhand clearing, dropping and smashing, though that might be through inexperience. It does seem harder though, since tonight I was using my 700RP and my backhand technique was okay, so it could be attributed to the difference in characteristics of racquet.

As for chipping and breaking, I'm not sure what people are on about, I own a pair and only one has chipped. I do agree the paint job is not that impressive.

15. wning

wning Regular Member

interesting thread, after all the review I read since last year. I did not buy one to try and finally got a JP version in 2U. I was surprised that this racquet was not that bad. In fact, it's great for smash and drive..love it!!!! did not have any problem with it regarding on timing, maybe the ZF2 and JS10 are both smaller head. no problem with paint chip either!!! JUST my 2 cent!!!!!

16. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

in term of durability, which is most likely would survive broken-head upon clashing, VTZFii bs NRZP? i've been itching to try NRZP but no luck yet since nobody carry has it in club. I own pair of VTZFii 3U and quite satisfying with its performance and durability.

17. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

i doono I don't my nzzspeed, I miss **** the shuttle already paint chip came off lol. But ya nzspeed broken easiliy if misshit a few times.

18. Rudy2009

Rudy2009 Regular Member

banking
    after a 1 yr search for a replacement for my NS9900, I finally bought 2 z speed at a decent sale price .
    Its stringing pattern makes the string a little " dead" but otherwise a decent replacement for my 9900. Need a couple more weeks to get use to it . It is not as stiff as the nanoray 900 and packs more oomph from the base line . Slices are a bit more problematic compared to the 900, but I am sure with a bit more practice it will do as well.
    Long last :)

19. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
  20. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Had my Z-Speed (3U/G5/SP code) clashed a few times with my partners and had not found any paint chip. Am quite sure that miss hitting shuttle won't break this racket:rolleyes:.