Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

One of my club mates had the JS10 and the BS12L for testing and stated the same as you mentioned above - the Bravesword 12L seems to be faster than the Jetspeed 10. He also thought there was a little weight difference between the two 4U's, but I think it's normal to have a little deviation.

On a side note: He killed the BS12L in a clash... The shop owner will not be amused! :D

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Why would anyone think that JS10 is head light when it's been compared to VTZF2?

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    *shrug* some people just either don't read or fall for marketing.

4. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Well, not everyone can be as wise aus you are ! ;)

If I read that the BS 10 is "very quick to maneuver" I do not think of any HH racket. It's pure physics (inertia of masses): It cannot be as fast to maneuver as a HL racket.

Furthermore I'm surprised that the BS obviously is less HH than the JSs - that's all.

Regards,

Joachim.

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    To be fair. The brave swords have a superior aerodynamic design in the frame which makes up for the speed difference between a 3U BS and 4U JS. If you real need to test a BS against the JS10 the closest you will ever get is the LYD.

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO somebody who needs more quickness than he can get with a 4U racket with such aerodynamics, should work on his/her muscle reactions and technique. Somebody who don't get the right position and drop the racket to the floor, will never find a racket to defend any average smash from a opponent. Even with a 7U you will struggle to defend fast smashs, when you drop your racket too low and your standing and position is slightly wrong.
    You can compare ARC10 and a BS10 and will notice that a BS10 is much quicker and they are pretty similar in terms of weight and head weight. The frame profile, head size and shaft plays a big role how fast a racket is. Just judging according to a BP is one of the stupiest indicators.

BTW Where are promised measurements of the KRP?

7. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

I totale agree, but that's not my point: In order to move your racket to the place needed for defence, it's rather a question of handling and maneuverability than speed, which hast much more effect while attacking.

So maybe I just misunderstood/misjudged all those posting reporting the JS 10 to be a lightning fast racket.

Nevertheless, no : more than ever can I await to try them out myself on the court !

Regards,

Joachim.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It is lightning fast considering where they placed the weight in the head. It's just not hyper speed like a BS

9. visor

visor Regular Member

I'm thinking JS10 is lightning fast (relative to JS8PS and JS9) not because of where they placed the weight in the head, but more because where they *subtracted* the weight from the bottom of the racket where it's not needed.

For such an amazingly low dry head wt of 35-36g, it is unsurprisingly fast and surprisingly powerful.

#1569 visor, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    F=MA :) im guessing it's the A part.

11. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Well there are two aspects to being fast: Aerodynamically fast and having low swung mass.

Having good aero is good for fast swinging, long stroke shots such as smashes and clears. It doesn't help as much with short and slower strokes like defensive shots. This is where you want low head mass for good and quick manoeuvrability.

The JS10 being 4U will inherently be easier to manoeuvre, particularly as it is also even balanced. The shaft has very little mass so it feels like the mass is mostly in the head and coupling this with decent aero, it is fast in both short and long stroke shots.

However, aerodynamically it definitely isn't faster than the Braveswords, nor is it faster than the ArcZS. But because it is 4U, comparing it to the common 3U BS or 3U ArcZS it feels easier/quicker to manoeuvre.

#1571 R20190, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I just received a pair of blue load spreaders from MBS. And comparing them with the white ones, there is one simple conclusion: The dimensions are identical! :confused:
    See picture attached.

IMG_0749.JPG

Measurements with a caliper confirms the visual impression.

So if I had to make a wild guess, I would expect to have the same issue with the top cross than I had before with the white load spreader. Or am I just completely missing something important here?

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I made the same experience like you and after I noticed that the coloured are not that sturdy, I switched to the white ones. Did you remove the yellow or white plastic on the 12 o'clock post?

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's also my impression - the material of the colored ones feels much more brittle than the white ones.

And no, I have the yellow plastic thingie is still attached to the mounting posts. As far as I can see it is glued so I am not so keen on removing it. Most of all because I am also stringing my dad's tennis rackets and do not use a load spreader there.

Does anyone has an idea where to get the H-shaped load spreader from Gosen in Europe?

15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I don't have a PP but I think it's not just glued. On my machine the post has drilled holes to stick it in. Maybe some PP user has experiences with that? I doubt that you gain space with the H-pieces without removing the plastic. If you don't want to risk it, a spare post to mod cost 4,80€ at PP.

16. hieucdub

hieucdub Regular Member

Could someone please compare this to yonex nanoray z speed?

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Oh right, I guess that would be an affordable risk. ;) And maybe I try something completely unmanly and ask the PP customer service how the plastic could be removed from the posts.

The H-piece from Gosen looks a bit thinner that the MBS ones, but also there I can't find a proper datasheet or dimensional details. So I guess modding the posts a bit would be the way to go.

@Topic
    I had my fourth session with the JS10 yesterday, so total playing time is round about 7 hours. As others said before, it's a racket that loves if you stay relaxed. That "slowFAST"-tip for with smashes was brilliant! The more I tried to force it, the less ooomph it delivered.

In the middle of the session I switched back to my TK9000 for one game of doubles. And boy, the first rallies felt like I was swinging around a sledgehammer. Hard to believe how quickly one gets used to the less weight in the head and that fast frame. Yes, the TK9000 has a tiny bit more steam in the power department if you hit properly, but in all other aspects the JS10 performs better to equal with less effort.

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

You can pull the yellow pieces off and use a tennis H piece on each side - they can be bought very cheaply from Asia.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Sure... it'll be exactly like playing with 4g of lead tape on the top of the JS10 frame... while wearing thick leather gloves.

20. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Played the JS 10 yesterday for nearly 2 h and I'm quite impressed.

Like others said before, you have to get used to it for shure. But you get used to it by the minute, and you can feel - and see - the improvement.

To my surprise the - sorry, my fault : JS 10 went astonishing good for defense as well. After my first dry swings at home I expected the worst, but no : Over the evening it felt even better and better, and to my even bigger surprise it felt even better than the BS 12 L and a JF 8 SP ! The Li Ning UC 9000 may be just a tad faster to maneuver, but the JS 10 is more precisely and has more punch, too.

So after this first short session I will give the BS 10 some more time for testing for shure !

Regards,

Joachim.

#1580 Smashit!, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015