Review: FZ FORZA Evolve Badminton Shoe

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Cheung, Aug 10, 2014.

1. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    I've been with mine for a couple months now since the summer, so far no problems. At this point, I'm happy and would get Forza shoes again in the future.

2. dollargood

dollargood Regular Member

Does it sell in Singapore?

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Probably the best way to find out would be to look for the forza singapore facebook page and follow the contact details.
    This shoe is making inroads into the Hong Kong market.

4. dollargood

dollargood Regular Member

Checked SG website, no such model. A pity.
    http://www.shuttletown.com/products/fzshoes.html

5. Zoidius

Zoidius Regular Member

Considering a pair of these, can anyone tell me about the fit? I usually go a half size up for yonex (UK 10.5 / 29.0 CM ) but not sure what the equivalent size should be from forza.

Anyone know what the forza eu size is for UK 10.5? Doesn't seem to be anything on their website.

6. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

When I bought mine, I made sure I ordered by the centimetre. Any other system is arbitrary and ridiculous.

8. Zoidius

Zoidius Regular Member

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

[MENTION=57479]dollargood[/MENTION]

Sorry for late reply. I missed your post.

You should try to contact them directly asking for availability. However, I note that the website is down at present.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

So far still good for me.

Still recommend it as worth a try.

I don't know about other people, but shoes are a bit hit and miss with me. There used to be a joke I made up a number of years ago that if you were a badminton fanatic, once you found a good badminton
    shoe, you would buy a spare pair. Actually, it was no joke - I have done that a few times :(

There was a good reason for that - the models available were limited and the manufacturers would change their line so a good shoe might not be available the next year later. I didn't like to try about 4 different pairs before finding the next 'correct' model, especially if playing in many competitions as I was doing back then.

11. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Hey Cheung, do you have recommendations between shoes in the Forza line?

I am in the market for another pair of shoes and I would like to know if the Evolve models are more or less durable than the Lingus model.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Sorry, no. I only have the Evolve which is lasting very well!

13. Badderz_Alpha

Badderz_Alpha Regular Member

Hi there, good to see this thread still going strong (just like the shoes!) the durability of the Lingus should be about the same as the Evolve, I now have the Lingus and see no problems, previously have had the Evolve (which are still in great condition!) ... a tip though, if you go for the Lingus go for a size larger than normal as they come up small! as for differences, the lingus has a slightly higher sole than the evolve and maybe a fraction wider also than Evolve... in other news the Evolve will still be in the range for the 15/16 season with a new colourway being added!

14. boomtang

boomtang New Member

Any idea what the new colour way will be and when is it likely to be available?

15. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Today, I got to meet with the local distributor for Forza. I compared the Evolve and Lingus, and the evolve seems very durable at first look. The padding in the Lingus seems greater.

16. abcde

abcde Regular Member

Hi Cheung,

where can i get forza shoe, esp the evolve, in Hong Kong ? :)

17. Zoidius

Zoidius Regular Member

I decided to go for a pair of Evolve a few months back and thought I would drop an update.

Fit:
    For me the toe box is a little large but I do have fairly long but narrow feet, nothing uncomfortable but they do feel very roomy in the forefoot area. My only gripe would be the lateral grip/feel of the shoe is a little less than what I am used to (mainly Yonex shoes before), the lack of the Y clasp mid shoe is noticeable if you have worn Yonex before these. I mainly notice this when i initially put the shoes on, after I start playing I just adapt and forget about it. The heel cup fits me really well and have had no rubbing or breaking in here. The insoles on these shoes seem particularly hard wearing, I tear through Yonex ones in around a month or two but these are now 4 months in and hardly show any wear or holes.

Grip:
    I find the grip on these shoes excellent, lots of dust on court will still be a problem regardless, but in all places i have played they always provide good grip where the courts are half decent/clean, again I would say better then my previous Yonex pairs i have tried.

Weight:
    Not sure of the weight off hand but I would definitely class these as light weight, even with my size 11 feet they feel more like wearing slippers than shoes.

Price:
    I got these at a reduced price (end of stock big foot sizes often go a bit cheaper) but the retail price still seems competitive in the UK market for what you get.

On the whole I would rate these around 8/10 and have bought a second pair as backup/replacements. Anyone looking for a light weight mid priced shoe with good grip should consider them.

18. Badderz_Alpha

Badderz_Alpha Regular Member

Glad you like these shoes, FZ do make some great footwear now.

As a follow up, the black shoe will carry on to next season along with new colourway ...

301985_Evolve M V2_0385.jpg

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

[MENTION=3323]abcde[/MENTION]

MBS

20. Belgian

Belgian Regular Member

student
    How does the shoe size compare to Yonex shoes. I have 44 (European size) for my Yonex SHB 02M. Would I have to buy the same size for these Forza Evolve shoes or should I take one size smaller?