Quality of Yonex sunrise apparels.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by arfandy, May 31, 2015.

1. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I've been purchasing few of world model yonex t-shirts from sunriseclick.com. I notice that the same exact model (e.g world championship model 2013, 2014) were on SALE but then also NOT ON SALE for JP label (Everything else is 100% the same). I was wondering how does sunrise yonex differ than those of JP? I see the t-shirts i got (about $15-20 after discount) were made in China. I dont have any intention to buy the JP label shirts because the premium price of approx $90~120/shirt

Could this mean that Yonex sunrise sell "low-quality faked" apparels to South-east Asia region? All the apparels i checked have label of " Authentic Replica of ........", "label made in China", and small label of "plastic hollogram yonex".

2. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I've got a few shirts from Sunrise click. One of them I don't use at all because it feels too heavy and the feel of the material isn't that nice. However, the other two I use regularly and I find them quite good.

3. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

I don't know if they are fake, but I have bought quite a fair bit of apparels from them. I don't find their quality bad so far. Some of their apparels can be fairly thin though. Not ideal if you sweat a lot as you will literally be dripping sweat off your shirt and shorts and make the court very wet. Very dangerous to play under such conditions.

4. phili

phili Regular Member

Isn't sunriseclick.com the official distributor for SEA? I doubt they sell fakes, just lower quality replicas. I've seen football jerseys that looked the same but the fabric was different hanging next to each other in some stores. On was the official one (costing a ton of money) and the other one was a replica (costing a little bit less). I guess they are doing the same.

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Exactly, Sunrise is the biggest Yonex distributor in the world and sunriseclick is their long awaited webshop. As phili mentions: where you could call JP code clothing the player version, the Sunrise variant with the same design is the replica affordable one. But they also have a few EX coded shirts like they sell in Europa and North America (/rest of the world/ "World Model") which is in between quality, often does have VeryCool but the shirt material is not as fine as the JP coded one and the designs are mostly different.

#5 demolidor, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  6. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

in this case, i hardly differentiate what's fake and what's original anymore. It seems everything directly sold by sunrise is label original made in China, and everything sold with label JP is original made in Japan. i've been buying plenty of sunrise apparels (those affordable under reasonable non-JP label), some of the world model shirts were lighter enough, and some were quite heavy even without sweat yet. Not exactly sure where is this "Cool Dry" tech is applied to. Luckily, the customer service is very friendly in helping me avoiding any import taxes and that makes me wanna shop more on the collection.

7. mactam

mactam New Member

na
    so, does all the apparels sold on sunrise is made in China?