Nanoray 700 fx

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by abi07, Jun 4, 2015.

1. abi07

abi07 New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner to intermediate level player. I have been having hard time hitting clears from back line to back line, I get very exhausted after just few shots. I have been working on my technique and stamina. I use less of my torso than I should.

My question is, will switching to Nanoray 700 fx with BG 80 strung at 21 lbs make it easier for me? Currently I use arc saber 6 BG 65 strung at 22 lbs.

Thanks in advance

2. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    Probably not. The racket is head light so you're going to need good technique to clear baseline to baseline. I used it for about a year and while it wasn't difficult to do it, it did require more power than a lot of other rackets I've used. For me, it lacked some punch.

3. abi07

abi07 New Member

Thanks!for my problem would you recommend any other racquets and string strength or should I stick to my current racquet and just work on my technique

4. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

You could give reducing string tension to 19-20 lbs. a try ... !

Regards,

Joachim.

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Working on your technique will definitely improve your clears, but if you want to make it easier for you, you have to look for head-heavy and medium stiff rackets, instead of head-light rackets. The additional weight in the head makes it easier to hit a good clear. If you want to stick with Yonex, you could give the Voltric 70 E-Tune, Voltric 80 E-Tune or basically any other Voltric a try. Just stay away from the Z-Force II, as it's extra stiff.

6. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

But if you do so, be aware that HH rackets normaly are not so fast to manoeuver as HL ones, so maybe you pay for the advantage of doing clears more easily with problems in defense you are not used to with a HL racket !

Regards,

Joachim.