Yonex isometric 53 MF

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Schneider, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Schneider

Schneider Regular Member

Student
    I normally use my Carlton rackets (Rasmussen Tour & Airblade Superlite) or my Armortec 700 racket and when i was playing at my local club i was looking through my racket bag when i came across my Iso 53 MF which was my 3rd racket:D. And i thought i might aswell give it a try so i got it out and started playing with and found it to be really good:eek: the strings are so loose (about 19-20lbs) that when i did a net shot there were extremely tight and as i can generate alot of power naturally i could still smash. I was just wandering what other people think of this racket and if someone could tell me what the MF means i would be greatful as i would like to know.

Thanks in advance

Nathan:)

2. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

MF=megaframe=oversized frame
    Yonex claims it give something like over 34% more "optimal hitting area" (i.e. sweet spot) than the conventional iso.

#2 jcl49, Apr 12, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  3. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    My friend uses this racquet with stock strings and produces some REALLY fast smashes. I let him use my AT700 strung with bg65 at 24 pounds and the smashes and everything were messed up and slow. I guess it's personal prefrence cuz he likes the 2U weight compared to the AT700

4. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i think the 34% more "optimal hitting area" is referring to MF vs conventional (ie. oval) head shapes. i think MF is supposed to give a tiny bit bigger sweetspot than normal iso's though. correct me if i'm mistaken.

i haven't used ISO 53MF (or used it but didn't realise, as i dont pay close attention to ISO rackets) but most ISO rackets i have tried used factory strings, and the ultra low tension (some 15-19lbs) doesn't suit me :cool: i haven't used any ISO rackets at slightly higher tension though, so i'm not sure about how good it actually is

5. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Wouldn't make sense marketing wise. Isometrics have been invented. If you want to highlight the benefits of MF to conventional iso, then it can to be a comparison to iso, not ovals (IMHO).

But they didn't say how much conventional Iso heads improve the sweet spot by. If the increase is 10% in iso's, then MF only increases 10%*34% which is miniscule!

6. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i found the thing i was thinking of.. from yonex 2005's technology catalogue http://www.brightsites.be/downloads/yonex/Badm2005_1.pdf
    apparently MF only gives 2% larger sweetspot compared with ISO heads, when comparing both with "conventional frame designs" (ie. oval) i can see how this might confuse some people into thinking the MF frames have 34% larger sweetspot than ISO heads, but if that were the case, then i believe all high end models will have the MF technology. :)

cheers

Attached Files:

#6 SWC_Ant, Apr 13, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  7. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Sorry, my mistake.
    jl
    PS I think it was in Under Siege 2, when they used "Assumptions are the mother of all f***ups"

8. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    funny thing is, after uploading the picture, i took a look at it and realised that the picture labelled "conventional frame" looks like an ISO head.. :confused: maybe i was wrong.. but i dont understand why yonex would put such a great technology on some lower end rackets rather than the high end rackets?? :confused: any input from other more experienced people?? or are my eyes fooling me?? :eek:

9. Gordon

Gordon Regular Member

On my Isometric mf 63 it says megaframe and I am sure it does for yours too.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no, yonex isnt pulling your legs.
    no, your eyes are ok :)

11. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    ]
    so.. it IS comparing ISO to MF?? im confused :eek: :confused:

12. cocotte

cocotte Regular Member

prof., retired
    Yonex Iso 62

I have a Yonex Isometric 62 MF. Not sure if it is a headlight or headheavy racket. I had it restrung with Ashaway strings at 21 lbs. Have trouble getting my netshots right wityh this racket.

13. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i played a bit yesterday with a ISO 53 MF. (although it was slightly bent at the frame from someone hitting it on a table) it was a pretty good racket for its price. it was 2UG5, and with no overgrip on it i wasn't really used to it. i'm used to higher tensions (22-24lbs) so the lower factory string tension made me keep on hitting the birdie out (too much bounce) :crying: but on feel, its not a bad racket. :)