Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    There is no need to quote anybody saying LD is the greatest. He is the one. Badminton fans will realize how good he is and how much we miss him after he doesn't play anymore. Whatever LD is giving us now is bonus. Record every match that he plays from now on and tell the stories to the younger badminton lovers how much the miss by not being able to watch live even on TV.

2. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Source: >>https://koalasplayground.com/2015/0...wed-by-many-idol-flower-boys-making-the-list/

Lin Dan makes the list 2015 Forbes China Celebrity 100 List at #72.

Quick summary on what it is:

The China Celebrity 100 is a list published annually by Forbes which ranks the influence of Chinese celebrities. It is similar to Celebrity 100 also published by Forbes. Factors that are taken into account include income, search engine hits, as well as exposure on newspapers, magazines and television.

Now, what so amazing about that is from what I've seen - Lin Dan is the sole sportsperson who've made the list which is pretty darn amazing but what's there to be surprised? Lin Dan is a megastar in China, no doubt.. And being the curious me, I did a quick research on last year's list and Lin Dan was actually in the top 50 !

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks. But I went through the list and actually saw another sports star, Li Na, at no.15, the former tennis player.

However, I think, over time as the retired Li Na fades away while Lin Dan continues to play and shine on the world badminton stage, he will surpass her.

4. algonquinsmash

algonquinsmash Regular Member

Rock Haul truck operator
    What racket is he using in this years Sudirman ?

5. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    Zforce II LD

6. algonquinsmash

algonquinsmash Regular Member

Rock Haul truck operator
    The one he uses has white on top ?

7. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    he did it for his whole career

8. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

He puts tape on top, and we all speculate that he puts tape on to add a bit more weight for more head heavy action.

He's done it frequently, but definitely not his whole career. I think people started noticing his weird grip and racket tape around prior to his 2008 olympics.

If you look at his younger days of using a MP-99, he used to hold his racket almost up to the cone to smash.
    From what I understand, that gripping style doesn't yield the most power out of a swing, thus Lin Dan adding tape and holding his racket at the end to maximize the power he can get out of a swing.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This is interesting. I read from the following article http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2015-05-14/06357606814.shtml that:

Lin Dan disapproves of the term 'Lee Chong Wei's nemesis' applied to him. He said "I am not his nemesis, only that when our level is about the same, it depends on who bears greater pressure. I have been very fortunate in that Chinese badminton is not at all only Lin Dan, however, for Lee CW, he is actually entire Malaysia's hopes, just like Liu Xiang (Chinese gold-medal hurdler) was in 2008,that sort of pressure is just too great." And what is rather dramatic, "every time our final showdown occurs at major championships."

林丹并不认可“李宗伟克星”的称号,“我没有克他,只是水平差不多的时候,就看谁背负更大的压力。我很幸运,中国羽毛球并不只有林丹,但李宗伟却是整个马来西亚的希望,就像2008年的刘翔一样,那种压力太大了。”而颇具戏剧性的是,“每次我们的决赛都在重要大赛上”。

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

My respect for LD has increased even more

11. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Lin Dan speaks with great respect to Lee Chong Wei, and I don't think you can feign that level of respect for so many years. I don't know if they're best buds off court, but they sure seem to hold each other in high regard not only as players but as people also.

Whether he likes it or not, Lin Dan is most definitely the single player who has denied Lee Chong Wei the highest merits repeatedly. But what he says is true, he is not LCW's nemesis. Harry Potter has Voldemort as a nemesis. Rivalry happens in real life, but Lin Dan's simply giving a human response, grounding the media in novelizing their competition.

12. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Bros: Lin Dan exclusive products will be arriving in Singapore this coming Monday.

13. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
  14. renbo

renbo Regular Member

When I said the same on a previous thread I became a target of choice for so many LD fans! While it is very obvious that since 2009 LCW's level should warranty him at least a 50/50 H2H againt LD - if it was not for LCW's not handling pressure well enough.
    It is sad that Malaysia could not fight China at this Sudirman, as I saw then both play live thursday, and LCW was absolutely floating above the court. It would have been interesting to see them meet in theirpresent state.

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

We will see them in World Championship in INA. CL and LD will gang up on LCW.

16. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Just one thing to mention here, In junior circuit, Lin Guipu and Shi Yuqi are the better players.

It is kind of a pity that these players don't get enough international exposure, or attention. I think Badminton China model is in deep trouble due to their TT mindset. China is not that strong in Badminton as it is TT, where it essentially completely sets the tone. Out of the top 10 women players in TT, almost all are Chinese, (including one that were born and raised in China)

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Chill bro,LD and Cl can swap titles home for next 5 years and maybe share some with srikanth.

18. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    I agree . I don't think any player has floated like LCW except for a young LD in 2008 OG final. He at this age is playing like god .

19. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    The Lord has spoken, we should give LCW the utmost respect.

20. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    I would agree, the only complain I have is that often times LCW doesn't reciprocate the gesture. He said a lot of stuff against LD when he was given wild card. He raised his poor record in supporting BWF, his allegation of giving intentional walk overs etc.
    Something makes me certain that had LCW got the wild card, LD wouldn't have reacted that way.