2015 Yonex Nanoray GlanZ (NR-GZ)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 13, 2015.

1. gy79bc

gy79bc Regular Member

programmer
    I also noticed that NS3000 is also marked as 22 LB top and I put it on 26 LB never had issues.

2. theghostman

theghostman Regular Member

IT
    Hello Guys,

I'm just an intermediate player here in the Philippines and I usually play doubles. I got the Nanoray Glanz recently and I have tried it for a few games for the past week. I am used to VZFII before getting the Glanz. In my opinion, it is not head light as it is labeled. It feels like a lighter VZFII. However, I believe I can defend better because it is very maneuevarble for my feel. I have no problem with clears and I feel better control for drops and net plays.

Just like gy79bc, I think I have to adjust on the smash as well. For now, it is not as powerfull and as easy with VZFII.

Overall, this is the best racket I have.

3. theghostman

theghostman Regular Member

IT
    Btw, I have strung the Glanz with tension 28 and no problems so far. I used Ashaway string. My glanz is 4U/G6.

Thanks again.

4. zen_smash

zen_smash Regular Member

I got my glanz today.... It was not that expensive about the same price as my zf2. It arrived late and I was not able to get it out to the courts to plAy today. I have nag 99 at 26 lbs on it. It feels somewhere between my vt70 and nr 900 but with more flex then vt70. I expect that this will do well with clears forehand and backhand. As for smashes I think you would need to whip the racket a bit more and not need to swing as much with a stiffer racket.

I am reminded of a fly swatter as I swing it around at home :)

5. zen_smash

zen_smash Regular Member

Played with it a bit today I can see I will need to adjust my strength lifting and clearing with my usual strength resulted in all my shots going out! Actually had to hit softer and adapt..did not smash much but pushes felt good especially at lower swing speed

6. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Hm. I cannot confirm this (yet).

Played it on monday while training, but even while trying explicitely clears nor my training partner neither myself could state any differences in range to my standard racket NR 300.

The Glanz is very light indeed, and I liked playing it. But it felt not so much better than my NR 300 that I would go for it and pay that huge price they're asking !

Will have a second look at it tonight and maybe on sunday, perhaps I'll feel the difference. Just playing once with it shurely is not enough to deliver a fair judgement ... !

Regards,

Joachim.

7. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    first pro spotted using the glanz!

maheswari!!

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

So she was using it? I wasn't sure...

9. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Yonex need a pro player play with it in order to boost sale

10. esppy

esppy Regular Member

To share in the other thread that I posted...

youtu.be-58x4xnUpt5k.jpg

11. anisjuang

anisjuang Regular Member

Student
    Yes, Nitya Krishinda Maheswari is now using the Nanoray GlanZ. She has been using it for couple tournaments this year; All England, Malaysia Open, BAC, and recently Sudirman Cup. You can check her profile on Yonex website. Picture1.jpg

12. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    The new tension recommendations may have something to do with the frame being more round. It is about 0.5 cm wider than standard size rackets.

13. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Hi guys!
    Any other thoughts, tests, reviews?
    I play with Yonex Voltric 80, but it too heavy, slow, and too stiff for me. I can't sent the shuttle to the back of the court easily. I've read that this racquet is more flexible, can forgive many mistakes and help with it. Sounds very interesting, but the racquet a little bit too expensive. Сuriosity is very strong, but I am afraid to be disappointed. I have never played with the flexible one.
    Can you recommend another model, also flexible and power, but not so expensive, too try? It should be analogues in the Younex line.
    Thank you

14. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Sorry for mistakes, can't find how to correct the text. Yonex, of course. :)

15. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    Very fun and interesting racket it's a racket that without a doubt needs time to get used to, I have never played with a racket that requires so much perfect timing than this thing.

16. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Why? Can you describe more specific?

17. anisjuang

anisjuang Regular Member

Student
    This Nanoray glanz is not as flexible as described, actually. I have played with it and strung it at 26 lbs with BG66 Force. At first, I got so difficulties to master this racquet as I usually played with Voltric 80 before.
    Looks : I like it, very elegant design.
    Power : It's kinda hard for me to make my smashes as powerful as with Voltric 80. I did not really get the feeling. But my smashes were not that lame. Still got power but not that boom!
    Control : I liked to play net shot with glanz! Very good control.
    Defence : Addicting. This racquet is quick which make easy to manuver. I could defence smashes with lift, block, and drive. Good for defence.
    Overall, this one is a good racquet, just a lil bit lack of power. And this thing is expensive, but worth to buy!

18. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

According to http://www.yonex.com/products/badminton-racquet-matrix/ this is the most powerfull racquet. =(

Is there something like that, something similar, from previous Yonex line, with the same filing? I want to try first, to get the concept.

19. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

*feeling
    (why I cant edit the message?) :(

20. anisjuang

anisjuang Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, when I smash with this racquet, it gives me the weird feeling but if you find the right spot, you'll get the big smash.