Badminton Asia Championships 2015

Discussion in '2015 Tournaments' started by RedShuttle, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

What.. I'm referring to Kim/Kim and Fu/Zhang's match - which is MD. I even clearly stated MD when I asked. I'm sorry for not stating it clearer but lol.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Whoa, just saw Farzin executing a jump-smash in slow motion. Whatever it is, Farzin has created history in badminton, he is the first and only Iranian to play the legendary Lin Dan, the score is 21-9 and 21-7 in 21-mins,no love, not too bad.

3. H4rvi

H4rvi Regular Member

on which channel i india they gonna show these matches...bwf tv is schedule to show newzealand grand prix

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Probably Zhang Nan needed a bit extra rest after XD and they flexed the schedule.

5. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Probably China being generous to some nations like South Korea and their cousins in Hong Kong.

6. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Hhm China wants variety in quarterfinals hence giving 3 WOs.
    2 Korean pairs and the Hong Kong pair are so fortunate.

7. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Unfortunately, I believe, there isn't any channel in India which will show them.

In any case if any one can find a recording of SN vs Nozomi today please post it. I feel it was an interesting match.
    I believe both Saina and Sindhu's match tomorrow will be interesting too. Good luck to both of them.

#227 Airos, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  8. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Sho sasaki is most benefited. He entered Quarters without playing a single match.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I suspect Bao Yixin is the problem, withdrawn from the XD and WD; in fact, last week at the CHN Masters, she's already not quite herself, imo. Not sure about Zhang Nan.

Btw, Gong Weijie was still commenting about LXR's leg injury, saying she's trying to adjust herself to tournament conditions during the Vu Tri Trang match. Post-match, LXR praised her Viet opponent as not bad.

10. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Haha I was just joking, but indeed Bao Yixin's performance was quite poor last China masters. As for the MD I think it's Fu who has some problem since Zhang still has play for XD.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At least the Iranians are rich and fortunate enough to come and play, and even send two coaches. Not so lucky for their neighbouring Iaqis and Afghans as well as the Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. But surprisingly, the Syrians, Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Nepalis,and Jordanians turned up.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

OK. Correct, must be Fu Haifeng's problem then.

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Iranians have always had a very rich and proud sporting history. Ditto for young Kazakhstan, whose dictator is a sports nut who hires athletes from all around the world to help raise his country's profile. He once said that sportspersons are a country's best ambassador.
    These two countries have won more Asiad Golds than way more populated countries like India or Indonesia and are only behind the 3 economic giants of the continent in their sporting prowess.

This time, Iran did the unthinkable. They beat all other subcontinental teams in our region's native team tag game of Kabaddi, which is new to them and only narrowly lost to India in the final.

Coming back to BAC 2015,More surprisingly none of the Karunaratnes from SL turned up.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Now that you mentioned, indeed, we are missing the Sri Lankans, Niluka Karunaratne and his cousin(?).

Before I forget, the unwritten rule in table-tennis applies to any tournament, official or not (it's possible somebody in future may break the rule [accidentally] which after all is unwritten). Yes, table-tennis is more popular than badminton in China.

As for the BAC,in future I hope they do something to help the poorer countries in terms of providing some form of logistical support in advance if they wish to raise the profile of this event and develop the sport more effectively as well as attract bigger sponsors. I mean this is a practical consideration that has to be addressed directly.

15. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

When President Xi visits Pakistan he is going to announce an investment/aid of around USD 47 billion for Pakistan. He can go a bit further by providing financial aid to help in the development of badminton in Pakistan and offering scholarships to,say, 25 players to train in China. It will just amount to peanuts as far as China is concerned. I am sure Pakistan can come up. Remember they once had a fairly good player whose name is Tarik Wadood. Please President Xi, do something about it. Don't just concentrate on your favourite sport of soccer only.

16. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Then there will be Pakistani Superseries. Then the stadium will blow up or something during the event :cool:

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Before anything goes further...

Reminder.

No politics.

18. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Surely peace will return to Pakistan when the country is doing well economically. Need not have SS series there for the time being. Let their players participate outside the country just like their cricket team. China should at least help to train their players and may be finance their participation in BAC tournaments and Asian Games. China owes it to them as Pakistan was one of the first country to support the rival world badminton body formed by China when China was deliberately kept outside the IBF.

#238 tbgoh288, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good suggestion, I second that.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Exactly, economic development, aid and assistance in goodwill that benefit the entire nation in creating jobs, improving infrastructure, providing a better business environment and attracting investments (by substantially reducing power outages that is a big headache and investor turnoff) will greatly contribute to peace, prosperity and stability in Pakistan and the region.