Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks RedShuttle, very interesting read. Indeed ,one person's decision can change history - Lin Dan and Li Xuerui !

2. lausiekeik

lausiekeik Regular Member

Totally agree, with such a coach, can produce world class players and thus increase competitiveness worldwide, in which we can see how badminton has been progressing from era to era, that players of india, thailand, japan are becoming challenge to china, thus we as audiences will be amazed

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thank you RedShuttle.

The bit I found really interesting is that the players can make provincial team but not perform as adults.

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    We owe our rise to your methods. There are two major hubs for senior badminton in India. The old one in Bangalore (TPBA) is liberal and focused on holistic development of an individual.
    The newer one in Hyderabad (PGBA) is run by a Zen Master whose team of coaches enforce strict regimental military discipline. The latter one is results oriented and has started churning out robots. Thankfully one of the finer specimens from PGBA recently moved to TPBA and raised the standards of a centre that was lagging.

5. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Thanks Red Schuttle. I have never heard of him. Pity. the CBA didnt use his services more.

But I must say I am impressed by the improvement in Sun Y, the XD pair of Lk and HY and the WD pair of OD and X Y . Someone is doing good work on the youngsters. They beat. their seniors!
    Just goes to show that given enough enxperience they can improve.

6. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

7. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks, bdfreak87. Wang Yihan looks so skinny, unhealthily thin. I much prefer her former plumper, chubbier looks, so pretty then. She was never fat, not at all, don't understand why she lost so much weight.

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

But she still looks so great. The best of all girls perhaps

10. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Sun Yu play well in last night final , she has potential !

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I like WSX best in CHN WS team. IMO She resembles the actress from Forbidden Kingdom (only slimmer and fitter)

12. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Sudirman Cup is coming up, any thoughts on who should be sent?

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    LXR as #1 and SY as #2

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Perhaps WSX is not so photogenic, I remember watching an interview of her after her 2010 Asian Games triumph where the interviewer's first remark was she looked even prettier in person.

Btw, I find Jwala and Ashwini attractive too. I think many would remember Wang Lin, the beauty cum brawn former WS WC, whose early retirement forced by repeated ACL injuries sadden us till today.

15. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Yes Wang Lin was good too. I like Ashwini too. JG is too old for me. IMO WSX can easily find a better looking guy than CL. Maybe a model or a moviestar boyfriend.

BTW JG's current BF is a moviestar.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I supposed WSX admires badminton/sport star more than movie star or model. Maybe she prefers someone more down-to-earth,reliable, of good character,looks is secondary, it's the heart that counts - and she believes she finds what she wants in Chen Long. Love knows no barriers, the heart has its reasons for which the head can never understand. But at the same time I'd advise a certain degree of rationality lest we unintentionally hurt those who truly cared for us.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

From now on, it seems CHN WS have four players realistically vying for the two OG spots, namely, Li Xuerui, Sun Yu, Wang Shixian, and Wang Yihan. I'd exclude Liu Xin for the time being, I doubt she will be in the running in future.

In MS, Chen Long and Lin Dan's prospects look entrenched. I don't see any 3rd CHN MS able to deny or seriously challenge either of them, barring unforeseen circumstances.

For CHN MD, it's an open field, there's no clear favourite, anything can still happen. In fact, MD is Team CHN's weakest link and there's as yet little sign of improvement.

In WD, CHN is spoilt for choice, there are many pairings or combos to choose from and CHN has the luxury of mixing and matching any two prospective candidates as they deem fit to test them out before settling on the two best choices.

In XD, ZN/ZYL is the natural choice, the other one is still to be decided but there's no worry as CHN can easily find another pair almost as strong as their top favourite. The question is whether Zhang Nan is required to do double duty in XD and MD, the latter for lack of a viable pair and ZN partnering Fu Haifeng looks promising. Personally, I'd urge against having ZN stretched to doubling up in XD and MD for the Olympics, it might backfire affecting both disciplines. Better for him to concentrate on XD for which the couple is almost a class on their own.

18. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I think Chai and Hong should be sent to Rio instead of Zhang/Fu because Fu is old and ZN in two disciplines is putting all eggs in one basket, also the third option Liu/Qiu at the moment they suck (result wise) compared to two years ago so don´t send them.

19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Seriously [MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION] I need to know the subjects you studied. You write well. First that post on diplomacy and now this on love.

20. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    There's still a year to go before the Olympics, there's no need for China to be worried about their WS.
    I think they should focus more on finding the right pairs to send for the MD category.