Yonex SHB vs other Yonex version.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by arfandy, Mar 24, 2015.

1. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I know Yonex SHB is like top of the line for Yonex shoes. What about other Yonex shoes as such World Champ series, Ultima series, Excerol series, & Exceed series? Sunriseclick.com has these series for quite shocking prices (range between $20-40 top) while SHB series priced from $70+. Question is, are these series are faked Yonex and made of cheaper material? Or they simply just low-end shoes with very little QC?

If i were to buy my Yonex shoes, would it be wise to just buy SHB series to get the guarantee for durability for years? I had previously bought those cheap Yonex series but none of them could last more than 12 months. The thread would start to fall apart when i washed, the glue isn't sticking no more after several sessions, big hole inside the shoes, etc. Basically all the defects shoes can ever have.

Which Yonex SHB would you recommend me for lightwear movement, constant jumping, and yet durable enough to last couple years? I wouldnt want to spend more than $100 for shoes, hence lower price is the best option for me (But NONE of those cheap series anymore).

2. wirre

wirre Regular Member

IMO you don't buy Yonex at all if durability is important. I have always bought the "best" from SHB-series until SHB-102. None of them have hold up more than 12 months. It is the comfort, speed and feeling which comes with the premium price, durability not so much...... YMMV / mats

3. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

12 months is pretty long for a badminton shoe...

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

the shoes are only used twice a week, 2-3 hours per session. hand-wash once in every two months, but to avoid dust and slippery, i must wash the bottom sole once a week or before the session. when not being used, i place the shoes with dozen of silica gel. would 12 months of durability is too much to ask for $100 shoes? i remember back in the 90's, my yonex or wilson shoes could last 2 years before either torn out or gone missing.

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You played 200-300 hours in one pair of badminton shoes before they were done? Lucky you. No shoe ever lasted for me over 6-7 months without any issues. All costed over 100$. IMO you are asking for too much durability. You should replace your shoes regular. Even when the look fine. The cushion will be worn out and you don't want to ruin your knees and joints? If the floor is hard, your shoes will be done faster.