NEW: Ashaway's ZyMax XS String Line-Up for 2015!

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by DinkAlot, Oct 2, 2014.

1. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Coming frm ZM65 background, have recently tried 62F @25/27 lbs n 66F @26/28 lbs. At the moment, it seems the 62F works better for me. Still, am curious bout the 66FP. Is it any gd over the 62F n 66F...? Dont want to leave no stone unturned.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

66FP is more slippery and softer feel. Better repulsion but poorer control than 66F.

3. RacketStringer

RacketStringer Regular Member

Retired Bank officer/ part time racquet stringer
    As a player and a stringer, I am always interested in hearing about new strings. I was aware that Ashaway have introduced new variants of the Zymax strings for 2015 but the ones I have seen are known as Zymax Fire, there are 62, 66 and 69 versions (all come in a bright orange colour) and these are supposed to be stronger than the standard Zymax string. Is the XS the same as Fire but under a different name (I am assuming that string manufacturers use different branding in different countries) or is the 'XS' yet another Zymax variant, different to the 'Fire' brand?

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

It's the same. People keep referencing zymax 62F, etc. the "F" stands for fire.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=104081]wguan126[/MENTION]
    Didn't measure it but here, judge for yourself...

In order from left to right, all new unused strings:
    ZM62F, ZM62, BG66UM, BG80
    [​IMG]

6. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

lol time to bring out the ImageJ software

7. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

LOL! Agree.

8. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I have not yet tried the 66F yet but comparing it to Zymax 65 and Gosen's R4X110 at 25 x 27.5 lbs which are my usual strings when I play singles, I had harder/faster smashes with the 66FP but at the cost of control and net play. I wouldn't recommend it for singles. I do however enjoyed the strings for doubles. Looking forward to trying the orange 62F, 66F and 69F on my JJSs.

9. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Is anyone else finding 66 like vs850? Crisp, punchy, possibly feels a bit flat after a while. Not a drastic though. It's two months old. maybe 4 hours use per week. Done at 26lb.

10. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Havent used VS-850 for a long time now. If my experience speaks for itself, would say ZM66F is the better string between the two, especially in the feel department. The feel is better n lasts longer.

Have only strung ZM66F once @26/28 lbs. For now, I feel that its similar to ZM65 in more ways than one. Its been bout a mth now n yes it does start to feel kinda dull. Pretty much similar to ZM65, I would say.

11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I don't find 66F feels at all like VS850. I've so far found tension to remain pretty stable. There's a different sound and sometimes I think I've broken a string when I haven't. However, overall I'm really enjoying the string.

The one thing I would urge Ashaway to do is build a hard string like BG80. Their strings tend to be soft which is great for me but won't suit everyone. Taking the same outer core and building a new inner core could be the way forward. Giving the core more strength would make stringing a little easier and I think the string may appeal to many of the BG80 users. The outer core is really good, with plenty of bite and very little string movement.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Don't know why it is so, but don't think there's any string even close to BG80 in terms of hard feel.

13. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I'm not finding the retention so good on 66f actually. Long time since I managed to keep one string in my racquet for two months though, so not a fair test :)

14. ezish

ezish Regular Member

We need more reviews please.

What's the best tension for Zymax 66 Fire Power?
    What's the tension difference to compensate the feeling between 66F vs 66FP vs 62F?
    Difference between 66F vs 66FP vs 62F?

15. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

. Best tension... u have to try it out urself coz everyone is diff...
    . Both ZM66F n ZM66FP should b the same. As for ZM62F, it should b strung one or two lbs lower than the other two.
    . Really... u have to try them urself to better gauge which string suits u best.

16. 4-string

4-string Regular Member

So I got a couple of games with the 66F before my doubles partner, who tends to be absolutely everywhere, came up behind me and hit hard after a shuttle my racquet already cleared, and split my racquet in two. **** happens.

From the brief time I got to play it, the ZM66F seemed more similar than different to my regular ZM65 to me, but more play time would have been nice of course.

At least I will have no problems finishing my stock of ZM65 before buying reels of anything else. Unless the set of 62F that is on the way changes that. :)

17. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

RIP for ur broken racket...
    { ~.~}

Coming frm ZM65 background, I concur that ZM66F does play similar to ZM65. Further testing is required as my time spent on it is brief. Have some 10m to finish too, probably last me another yr... sigh...

I personally dont quite like the previous ZM62 but ZM62F changes that. To me its a much better string than both the old ZM62 n ZM65. Y do u think I have little time to test out the ZM66F... got hooked on the 62F for too long now...

18. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    ordering my 62 Fire just now. cant wait to get my hand on it

19. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I'm getting great feedback from the players who are using it. Most are using 69F. We don't have FP in the UK. The player using the hybrid loves it and asks for it at 28lbs. He's a very good standard player, hits hard and players often.

I'm using 66F at 26lbs and really like it. I rarely break strings so will test 62F next.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

20. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Can somebody tell something about the durability of ZM69 Fire? Especially for tension in the area around 30lbs and above? I'm looking for something durable after a guy at my club killed a few BG65TI @ 29/31 and 30/32 with 10% PS within a few hours.