The coolest shot you ever made

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by marshall, Apr 7, 2005.

1. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    What's the coolest shot you ever made (so far)? Mine came 2 years ago in a tournament. I was receiving serve in the odd court and the server flicked a medium high one to the sideline. I took 2 steps diagonally back, ending on my right foot, and just had time to hit an around the head I tried to aim between the tramlines. As I watched the shuttle it hit the sideline and skidded straight on for about a yard before moving into the court.

I don't think I'll ever be that lucky again, and I'm not crazy enough to try it on purpose.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  3. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

hmm about year and a half ago i did a smash from the back and it hit the white strip on the top of the net, but it didn't go over instead it slid from the left end to the right end before it did a perfect landing on the line :D

4. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    wow your shots are crazy.. my best one... is probably last last week.. i was playing open gym locally.. and i think my lift was a little bad... so the opponent smashed it at me (in doubles) .. it was their game point (14-13) and they served. we all thought it was a kill for sure.. but as i blinked my racket swung up, scraped my left shoe (which was in the air for watever reason :eek: ) and touched the birdie.. and the birdie went high, then dropped just over the net... :eek: we were all very surprised.. haha.. we lost in the end though :rolleyes:

5. tsinkoy

tsinkoy Regular Member

scientist, badminton fan(atic) and volleyball fan(
    drop shots

mine were drop shots that hit the top of the net, then the shuttle did a somersault over to the other court. i've done it a couple of times, and now i'm trying to do it using a backhand crosscourt drop (which i don't think will happen, but i'll try anyway ).:D

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Never to be attempted by me again.

Mine was a perfect netshot taken from the floor after the opposition made a very good drop shot to the center forecourt. I rushed and stretched myself to full lunge at the shot and the return just raise and flipped over the tape perfectly. Incidentally it was a nylon shuttle, go figure:rolleyes:.

7. cchyboy

cchyboy Regular Member

Student
    mine was a super hard smash that the sound was so damn loud and metallic and the shuttle ended up hitting on top of the net,spinning for 5 seconds and then drop gracefully to the ground.i was so happy lOL :) .
    i also did a couple of beautiful net shorts and drop shorts forcing my opponents to bend so hard,most of the times missing them,cause they all hit the net then hit the ground.

8. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    Wow, 5 whole seconds? Are you sure? That's a very long time for a birdie to spin on the net....... :eek:

9. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    I have only ever hit one proper jump smash where I was in the right place at the right time to position myself to jump from behind and to power through it as you should using the proper technique and footwork.

I remember it fondly and have never been able to do it again :crying:

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that is SO true. the coolest shots are the ones that are executed properly, with perfect techniques, timing that results in the most perfect placement. the ones that after you hit it, you knew that it has been done flawlessly. that indeed is the coolest feeling.

11. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Hmm, it didn't strike me that Kwun was a perfectionist ;) (judging by the excellent standard this forum is maintained at)

12. synkro

synkro Regular Member

My best shot ever was copied from Gade Peter :D Except I used it during a doubles game at local highschool tournament (Irvington). It was near the end of a long rally when the opponent in back did a cross clear drop to the front left and I saw that so I was at the net quickly. Leaving my racket out, the front person lunged towards me expecting a drop, but I let the bird drop pass my racket and flicked downwards for a cross drop to the other side. Amazingly, it barely stayed in but we won the point haha.

Note: I've tried this many times for fun during open gyms and it never worked haha.

13. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

My best shot / most dissapointing shot

My best shot was a perfectly executed jumpsmash that also happened to be the fastest shot that i have ever done, the sound was so loud the whole gym echoed and it was so fast i couldnt even see it. Unfortunetly i was playing with some nooby kid in doubles and he didnt duck and kept his raquet up, he deflected my perfect smash and hit some guy sitting on a bench behind me in the face:eek:... I didnt even see it fly past but i felt a really big breeze blow past me and somthing sounding like a Phooooommm!!! :D lol. The guy ended up with a big bruised cheek lolz:D I saw the bird fly so high up and i jumped just at the right time and put everything i had into it. Too bad though :crying:.
    Also, i was using a friends MP77 lol...

14. alzgodemort

alzgodemort Regular Member

student
    I was in a tournament at college and the game I was playing was really important because it was the selection for the provincial tournament.

I had the game point (14-12) and the opponent did a close net shot and thought it would fall. I dived for the shot and managed to put it back in his court. He lifted it to my backhand corner so I sprinted and dived for it again, snapped my wrist and made a perfect drop shot wich felt on the tape. I got up, clinched and said Yeah! I was soooooooo happy :D

15. Hanson j

Hanson j Regular Member

Student
    surprisingly, that is actually possible!!! i'm another one who has done that shot!! don't know how, but I did it! It just seemed to stay there forever. But the good thing was that it was a match point in the final match!! playing for my High school. 20-20 2nd server.

16. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

lol are these "magic moments" (ie doing a superhuman-smash) what the pros always feel?:D Proves how differnent pros are from us in terms of class and skill:crying:

17. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

five seconds is a long time... and iono, the bird is going at a velocity way to high to just balance and spin ontop of the net for that long, if it were a dropshot it would be more believable ;) i was playing basketball a year ago and i did a shot that was similar to kwuns, i threw the ball and it got wedged in between the backboard and the hoop lolz:D

18. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i see that happen all the time :D :p good thing some of those basketball players can jump really high and push the ball out.. or, like in elementary school, we were basically screwed :rolleyes:

19. CounterD

CounterD Regular Member

-
    About 3 months ago i was playing at my local gym with some begginners.
    There was no challege at all but i did remember one shot from the begginers that ill remember for the rest of my life. Well we were playing doulbe and was 14-0 up match point. I did a very neat drop shot from the baseline and the other team was playing side by side so they had no chance of getting to the shuttles so one of the guys threw his racket and amazingly it just hit the shuttle and went over the net.
    I was like AHAHAHHAHA WTF!!! and then said ok u guys win Thats the best thing ive seen in my life.
    Oh BTW the racket broke to haha

20. bighitter

bighitter Regular Member

Student and Coach (I know I am 16 but I am coachin
    I am improving my smash so much recently thats it pretty much every week. My smash is becoming so unbeatable that my coach has told me not to over stretch :( . I am probably the only one in my age group who actually reaches round to use the over head smash as insetad where msot use a back hand lob.Its a lot more effective. Problem I have is my arm is hurting and also my dominating smash means I don't get to play my other shots as much. So my other shots especially my backhand lob are ata stand still :rolleyes:. So yeah pretty much every few weeks :p. although i did this amzing back hand slice from the back about 2 months ago which literally just went over. That was sooo cool!:D