Japan Open 4/7(Day 3)

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Japan Open 2005' started by Ahlut, Apr 6, 2005.

1. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    so, any interesting match comin?[​IMG] (not like i'll get a chance to watch it[​IMG])

2. ditorajo

ditorajo Regular Member

Don't worry. Malaysia still has numerous young players out there. BAM has started to send them out to compete in higher level competition. If you notice from Thai Open, there were five of them, i.e. yeoh kay bin, hazwan, nazree, yogendran and salim. Yeoh Kay Bin almost make a significant impact in Japan Open while taking Jonassen in first round. The game took about 53'. There will be more out in 2006 under Rashid charges and watch out another sidek brother :) .

3. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

well, there aren't many young non-asian players around to beat, are there?

hm, like you say, it's an international board... some of us may be writing one thing, when we actually mean something else. so the rest of us, should take that into consideration before bombarding each other with what each of us feel is right or wrong...

.. my advice is not to forget this too soon.. i mean, we don't want it occuring again in the near future, do we? ;) but, yeah, enjoy the YJO and the coming weekend. :D

*this is rather unrelated, but i just have to say this: kitaro's 'heaven and earth' is simply awesome!!

4. Jofianty

Jofianty Regular Member

so bao is going to meet lindan ...
    hmm...it's Tough match for Bao....
    i hope bao will win ;)

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    To be honest, if I were to look at names, the only one I am pretty sure is Chinese is Liem Swee King.

6. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    lol![​IMG] true, i dont like talking about religions here, but as a moslem too i know that taufik hidayat is certainly a moslem name, that is in our holly Qur'an, but lets stop it, becos i dont like talking about religions in an internastional forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[​IMG]
    oh, btw about the-arrogant-danish-fans thingy, i agree with anatolii, i dont think we should just forget that, becosif so i'll feel as if this is some unfinished business becos everybody still has something they want to say, but maybe the 'just forget it' idea is not so bad, so that there will be no scary arguments while we are all trying to enjoy this JO[​IMG]
    and i DONT think that danish fans are arrogant, i think they are just nationalists, it seems natural to me if we show our supports to our heroes, even when our 'support' is a lil over. but i think the 'young-asians' thing kinda got me insulted for a while, but thinking that whoever wrote it had no bad intentions, im fine now

#66 aiyuuw, Apr 7, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  7. 02011953

02011953 Regular Member

Thanks - that was what my memory said! Not exactly a ChenJ or GongWj. Some good points from jamesd20 also

The new Koreans are just over the WJC age i.e. 18 at the beginning of 2004 and played their last WJC last year. If you look at the WJC 2004, almost all the players except those from China were born in 1986.

Most of the juniors in MD XD from 2002 from Korea, Indonesia, M'sia and Spore are now regulars on the senior circuit. But no MS, and the few WS, WD are from Korea.

The Chinese juniors are a good bit younger. ChenJ & JaingYj were 16+ winners in WJC 2002; ChenJ repeated in 2004. GongWjie i(R-U in 2004 by a whisker) is being given S circuit experience but will play WJC nextyear as he is 17 months younger than ChenJ. Wang YiH (17), QF and WangLin (15+) (SF) WJC 2004 were on display in SiamO. T

Those who make a good mark in the WJC are immediately rewarded with a S tournament, and several juniors play the minor circuit - Siam, French, Polish. ChenJ won in France and Poland in 2004. To my surprise, China also sends some to the Satellite tour.

Y

8. Johansen

Johansen Regular Member

Hi All of you

I can't understand some of your reactions. When people in here write with big fonts - screaming on their favorits - it's ok. I had no bad intentions.
    My two lines was nothing but cheering up the danish players. But to write that danish fans on this forum not are nice is very stupid...

Anyway, as everyone said, just forget this and enjoy Japan Open!! :D

Best Regards
    Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk

btw Kenneth did beat LCW ;)

9. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Okay, guys, this is getting ridiculous.

I have seen plenty of other remarks on this forum more worthy of a flaming.
    But the point is: we don't flame people in BF. Everybody's opinions are welcome and should be respected, as long as they don't break forum guidelines. I don't really see that here.

Let's drop this and move on. :mad:

10. lecxy615

lecxy615 Regular Member

Hi, Johansen. Congratulation for being able to advance to Semi Final. Wish u all d best.
    ;)

11. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    lol. lecxy615, I think you mistook him for Kenneth "Jonassen" lol. He's the site admit for badminton-nyt.dk and not kenneth jonassen the danish singles player.

12. Johansen

Johansen Regular Member

LOL - yes I wish that I could play like Kenneth JONASSEN - but as you said, I am only site admit for badminton-nyt.dk :crying:

Regards
    Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk