That was close

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Feb 14, 2015.

1. leongwaipak

leongwaipak Regular Member

Accountant
    I know the Yonex stringer in my city charges top dollar and focuses on speed and turnover rather than saving a few bucks on the strings. I've heard rumors of five or six racquets an hour.

2. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Yes, if you are stringing as a job, you want speed and convenience. When I was much younger, I used to string 4 racquets an hour, but now I only need to string 3-4 racquets a week, so much more leisurely. I don't charge a lot for stringing, so keeping costs down on string is worthwhile for me, otherwise my price would have to go up.

3. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Just enough to to weave one ahead and also reach the tensioner on the crosses means saving a lot of fuss and also a lot of frustrations. :)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    frankly though, stringing is fun and sometimes relaxing thing to do at the end of the day. but lots of stringing cuts into the fun, and becomes a chore if there are enough backlog.

luckily my clients are understanding and don't complain about the 1 week turnaround time, and sometimes even more when there is enough backlog. maybe i should just raise the prices so i have an excuse to spend more time sitting on the couch?

5. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    My clients know that since I don't have a day job, that they can (if they wish, and in a hurry) bring the racquet in the morning and pick up later that evening. In any case, I usually do the stringing the day before they want the racquet, and yes, most of my clients I get to see once or twice a week at playing sessions, so a week turnaround is quite normal.

6. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    My stringer runs a Yonex shop in a sports academy . His hand is very fast and he is one of those who suggested me to got 30lbs on a 4u racket since he always did that much tension for many pros . He never likes to keep the racket for the later by chance argument of broken racket/string any other malfunctions and always does in front which takes 15 mins or so , while I go through his collection of various rackets and strings and getting the feel of it . :)