About the Super Series Final

Discussion in 'Super Series Final 2014' started by huangkwokhau, Dec 25, 2013.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    it could just be a coincidence, and I may be guilty of just a little trumpeteering, but here is the proof:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-the-program?p=1996194&viewfull=1#post1996194

An excerpt:

It's really time BWF not just "looked" beyond its default partner associations, but began actually forging and establishing a sporting presence in many other parts of the world. For example, the Middle East, and Dubai would be a great place to begin!

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    OMG.. I think it's a security breach on part of BWF to share such a minute details with you even 1 year before making these processes. :D :p :)

3. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    can the ladies play with Skirt? I thought they are not allowed? it will be interesting.

4. vkokamthankar

vkokamthankar Regular Member

Employed in a company
    Stunningly beautiful Sports Complex in Dubai. But it's a Aquatics Sports Complex ?

Just visited http://www.hamdansc.com/. Hamdan Sports Complex is a stunningly beautiful sports venue. It is a huge Aquatics Sports Center with very futuristic facilities.

It is hosting ITPL (Tennis) followed by BWF SS Final.

I am wondering how they are going to play Tennis and Badminton in a Swimming Pool. Looks like they can cover and convert swimming pool into facility for other sports.

Players are really going to enjoy the facilities there !

5. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

After clicking on the link, there's a video showing how they convert swimming pools into basketball courts. So I'm sure they can convert it into Tennis & Badminton :p

The photo they show for the tennis court looks really nice.

6. vkokamthankar

Employed in a company
    Yup ! Good time-lapse video !

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i used to work in dubai, dubai dont even have a Badminton Association, i wonder how they bid.

further more, no local play badminton, I mean NO - ZERO -

only expats playing mostly indians... so i guess k.srikanth & sania nehwal will surely feell like homecourt

anyway, i think it will not be problem to fill the stadium because now in Qatar, they will force some construction company to send their labourer to fill up empty seat during International Games...

YES! These labourers get paid, free cloth, drink & etc to attend matches like Brazil Vs Argentina...

8. vkokamthankar

Employed in a company
    It's all about Money !

It is all about money. Dubai has very deep pockets. They offered $1.6 Millions to BWF, which no other nation or badminton association can offer. And contract with Dubai is for hosting consecutive four SS Finals. Hopefully, Badminton would become popular and will attract some genuine crowds in Dubai, if not this year, may be in the years to come !! Hopefully, badminton will spread it's wings in new nations and geographies !

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It's good for badminton. It will spread this sport evenly across the world. Yes indeed. One month back, p v sindhu was called among some of the few top players for the inaugration and promotion of badminton at dubai. I heard that there were huge crowd to see sindhu and wanted to get signature from her.

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    True!!
    The website says the same with big pics of CL and SN shows how dominant the IND stars can be as far as the popularity meter is concerned...
    KS said he is really excited to play in front of Dubai's extra vibrant public especially the IND citizen and Hindu ethnicity relevant crowd !!
    I hope they deliver what is expected...

11. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member