arcsaber 11 vs arcsaber z slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ronnyjak7, Nov 25, 2013.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    people on this board mentioned that the head is especially small on the zslash, for me, it doesn't matter that much coming from an oval racket which I still uses. anyway, I haven't used the zslash in a while but I do remember that the head on the zslash is smaller than that of the arc11. I have been using the arc11 recently for about 6mos and to tell you the truth, it is one of the few arcsabers that I will use for both singles and doubles.

I am not sure how much my string choice contribute to the accuracy and precision of my shots as well as how forgiving this racket is, but there are times when I play one singles game with one racket, then switch to the arc11, and it just feels "right". probably because i'm biased mentally prior to the switch because of my positive past experience but as soon as I pick up the racket, there's an expectation that I will be able to place better shots.

the zslash however, is a different racket. I find it "clumsy" like the arc10, and I refuse to use it for doubles. however, when I play singles and whipping it around the court, it is great fun :)

to answer your question, there is no better racket in general, but what's better in your hand, so you really gotta try it for yourself.

2. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I've once tried arc z-slash for like 5mins when it first available for sale in 2012??.. or 2011?. I loved it but sadly i still dont own it yet because of the crazy price back then and newer rackets took my interest. I was wondering if arc zslash is able to take 32lbs string? Maybe i can down it a bit to 30lbs. The recommended tension on the racket is only 24lbs. I own VT80 3U, strung @28x30lbs. I love the feel & power, but the occasional string breakage often leave me with spare rackets... which i never intend to use. Not thinking to buy another VT series, and interested to have that "lost feeling" i once had for 5 mins with arc zslash.

3. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Arc ZS is still one of my favorite YY racket but yes, the frame is relatively fragile. Any stringing with tension above 26 Lbs will be very risky for the frame but it is possible provided that the grommets are all in a good shape and done by a good stringer. Taufik Hidayat and Kenichi Tago used to play with ArcZS, and their preference of string tensions are very high (probably in a range of 32-34 Lbs).
    I once tried to string my ArcZS TH with BG80 @ 30Lbs, it was fine until the string broke and left a couple of string dents/marks on the frame almost at the sides of each grommets.

4. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

How do you like it? I'm also wondering if I should try the Arc11

5. Saniljit

Saniljit Regular Member

In all honesty, I hated it when I first played with the Arc11 (slightly head heavy). I was used to my NS7700 (head light). It took me a good month to get used to it and now I just love it.

Really good for power play. I strung it with BG66 UM (24lbs.) Wow! the smashes are very powerful. A little slower for doubles defence compared to NS7700, but makes up in every other department.

If you are willing to stick to it, even when you are tempted to go back to you old racquet, then it should pay dividends in about 5-7 games ;)

6. epyt78

epyt78 New Member

Technical assistant
    i dont think so, arc11 definitely stiffer than arc z slash. I owned both model 3u version, for me z slash more powerfull in term of smash but control arc11 are far more better