E-Link Sports, Singapore, Chris Aw

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by aramistuscany, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

ended up getting a brave sword LHI and a DOT shirt and some grips. prices are average, not many size for big guy shirts though

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Today , i string my new BS12N, i am satisfied with Chris stringing . No paint chip after string . I am happy with Him, Rating for him today 8.5/10!

3. dollargood

dollargood Regular Member

Price of yonex zspeed? Pls PM me. Thanks

4. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    ask him but never reply on his FB or message

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Try to email him instead. Probably be faster.

7. Hay Hay

Hay Hay New Member

Engineer
    bad shopping experience

I visited this shop. I asked Chris the price of BS 12. He said," are you buying or checking price?" I was like !@#$. This is my first time being asked such a stupid question at a badminton shop. I will never go there again.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    If you knew or understood why he has to ask that question you wouldn't be so offended.

9. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Why then?

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    If people want to be so understandably butt hurt and not bothered to actually ask the man why he acts like that. I don't see why they should slag him online when they didn't even ask why.

As for why. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who owns a shop. How would you feel if everyone kept coming to you just to get a quotation on prices. As a result of that word of mouth spreads around about how your shop happened to offer just a slightly higher price than another shop and you ended up losing business to them due to at most a few dollars difference. You end up having to adjust your own prices to match others or cannot because your overhead doesn't allow it otherwise you wouldn't even be making a single profit from sales. And this always happens many times over the years. Would you not be wary and suspicious of a stranger suddenly stepping into your shop asking for a quote and you can't tell if he's a serious customer or just another prick trying to save a few bucks.

So don't slag someone when you don't even bother to ask why he acted that way. Yes in the sales business one should not behave that way. I won't even defend Chris and say that was the right way to treat a potential customer. But if you yourself can't even be bothered to ask for a reason for such hostility then you are no better for holding it in and giving him a bad review after just a few minutes.

You can say I'm biased towards Chris and that's fine. But I've spent many hours in his shop enjoying his good stringing services while taking the time to actually talk to him and his wife and understand why things just happen sometimes. I'm sad to hear that someone got blown off in such a manner but I can't say I don't understand why.

11. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Yes: Chris and his wife service are good, no doubt about it, they have most of the things in their shops, very updated!

12. Rivai Zhukov

Rivai Zhukov Regular Member

Student
    Recently I visited the shop to buy a badminton bag and accessories.
    Their services are good, reasonable price, and it's pretty complete.
    As an overseas buyer, I'm satisfied and recommend it to the others.
    I'm definitely come back. . .

The most important for me is this shop is trustable.
    It's pretty hard to find trustable shop nowadays.

13. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    I bought from him before but I feel his enquiry response has been colder than the time i dealt with him before that. Could be due the reason stated by ch1ko but that won't help.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Tricky business running a badminton shop. Margins are not high and there are many shops who have had to close. A lot of time wasters as well and you might have caught him at a wrong moment. Probably he is trying to deal with another time waster who has sent 15 emails but not put an order in. There only a certain number of hours in a day and people like him are not making a massive profit who shop rentals being expensive.

A badminton player can be a bit more understanding rather than think they are god's gift to a retailer.

Mind you, if the place is 5 dollars more expensive than the other shop but you have to travel an hour there and back with transport costs, is it worth complaining about a retailer who is on an off day? :)

15. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    anyway credit where due. chris's stringing is excellent. all my victors strung with vs850 of 28lbs. his is the best of all.

16. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Now Chris is still having anniversary, good ... hope to see the new Jetspeed Ahmad /Natsir arrive soon !

17. angchor

angchor Regular Member

There is nothing wrong w comparing prices. As consumers, we want to pay the lowest possible. If the shop feels that we are wasting their time by asking prices, then I say better take money else where.

18. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Yes .. Customer service is important , once you are rude , I will ban that shop, got one shop in queensway rude to me, I think that Uncle at Gala , i don't like him.. Yes in business is all about profit , but mark up margin above market price and if close to retail price i will not visit that shop !

19. Porky

Porky Regular Member

While I bought quite a fair bit of things from Chris and is on good terms with him, but still, that comment to the customer is very wrong....customer service is everything in sales....and for customers to compare pricing is something that is very common and he should have known better....even if the customer got no intention to buy, u still have to serve him as though he's your potential customer, that makes him comfortable and in future would probably be your regular even.....running a business is difficult no doubt, but which business doesn't have difficulties and there is simply no excuses for poor customer service if you wanna survive.....hopefully it's a one-off incident or probably bad mood for the day...he's a friendly boss and I hope he keeps it that way.

20. awchris@singnet

awchris@singnet Regular Member

SPORTS RETAILOR
    E-Link Sports

Hi,
    I remember ,one day a young man at his early 20,s dropped by my shop around noon.He was searching for Victor racket.He found the Victor BS 12 blue,asked me the price.I told him not more than $200 include string.He asked me again for the Victor Bs12N.I told him again this is $10 cheaper.He stopped asking,and looking at the grips and socks.I merely asked him again ,do you wish to purchase the racket or just checking price.He told me his friend asked him to check the price.I only commented that i want customer to buy from me,and not just check my price and compare.And i did said that recently customer moving around comparing prices,is very difficult for retailer like us to do business.I encounter many times,customers want to buy a racket or either trade or purchase a secondhand racket online.Comes to my shop,check price,feel,swing and bend my racket,without even saying anything,just walk off.Quote your desirable price you wish to buy.If you believe that i am selling a good and reasonable price,i hope that you will buy from me.tks Chris