Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You misunderstood nokh88's meaning

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Oops meant to tag SibugiChai post, not nokh88...

3. visor

visor Regular Member

But please please everyone, be properly informed about steroids before being gullibly tricked by the media the next time you read a news article. This annoys me to no end.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/mobileart-emh.asp?articlekey=98554&page=2

Different Types of Steroids

There are two types of steroids present within the body. Corticosteroids are produced in the adrenal gland located above the kidney. These hormones include aldosterone, which helps regulate sodium concentration in the body, and cortisol, which plays many roles in the body, including serving as part of the body's stress response system to decrease inflammation. Commonly prescribed corticosteroid medications, like prednisone, prednisolone, and dexamethasone are available to be taken by mouth, intravenously, or by intramuscular injection and may be used to treat diseases like asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, and systemic lupus erythematosus in which inflammation is part of the disease process. The use of steroid ointments and creams on the skin, like triamcinolone and betamethasone, is common in the treatment of dermatitis (derm=skin + itis=inflammation).

The second group of steroids, the androgenic/anabolic steroids, are hormones made in the body to regulate the manufacture of testosterone in the testicles and ovaries. The androgenic part of testosterone is involved in developing the male *** characteristics, while the anabolic part is involved in increasing the amount of body tissue by increasing protein production. The pituitary gland, located at the base of the brain, helps regulate testosterone production and hormone secretion. Growth hormone and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) are among the hormones that stimulate testis and ovary function and are two of the many hormones secreted by the pituitary.

Anabolic and androgenic steroids are available as prescription medications to be used in cases in which the body does not make enough hormone and supplementation may be required. Some hormone supplements in this pathway include growth hormone and testosterone itself. These medications are legally prescribed by health-care providers, but this group of drugs is often used illegally and abused to help increase athletic performance and improve body appearance. When used in a well-nourished body, anabolic steroids will cause weight gain primarily due to an increase in muscle mass.

While anabolic steroids may have beneficial effects when taken under medical supervision, they have many serious and sometimes irreversible side effects. These side effects are due to abnormally high levels of testosterone in the body and may include high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol levels, liver damage, heart failure, acne, baldness, as well as aggressive and violent behavior.

There are a variety of common anabolic steroids. Some mimic the actions of testosterone directly, while others cause the body to produce excess testosterone by interfering with the normal hormone regulation system in the body. The end result is the same. Excess testosterone is available to affect cell and organ function in the body.

Aside from the chemical name, these steroids may also have a trade name and street name. For example, the chemical stanozol is manufactured under the name Winstrol but is also known on the street as "Winny." Genotropin is the manufacturer's name for human growth hormone (HGH).

There are numerous names for steroids, and each country may have its own variations on these names. Steroids may be chemically similar to testosterone, like methyl testosterone or oxymetholone. They can also be so-called "designer" steroids that are manufactured to pass drug tests, like norbolethone and desoxymethyltestosterone.

A few common examples of anabolic steroids include

Anabol,
    Android,
    Androstenedione,
    Winstrol,
    Deca-Durabol,
    THG,
    Genabol, and
    HGH.
    Depending upon the type, anabolic steroids may either be injected into the body or taken by pill. Because of the way these medications are metabolized, the need to have recovery time, and to prevent detection, steroids are often taken in cycles in which they are used for a few days at a time, then stopped and the cycle repeated again days or weeks later.

#11063 visor, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If what Razif Sidek said is true, this is so shocking ! How is LCW going to prove his complete innocence ?! Methinks, he is partly responsible for what went wrong in the end, the positive doping test is the consequence of it, the price he pays for pushing the limits.

Whilst dexamethasone is allowed out-of-competition, it's prolonged usage is both beneficial as a potential performance-enhancing effect (indirectly in strengthening the muscle by intramuscular injection out-of-competition) and harmful for its buildup in the body with side effects in the short and long term as he has been allegedly taking the banned substance for a long time (how long? a few years?).

"He also alleged that Chong Wei had hired a foreign doctor for that purpose." - this allegation is very telling. At the very least it proved LCW knows what dexamethasone is. Those that are included in products you buy off-the-shelf are minor, usually of low dosage and ingested orally; to get dexamethasone administered IM or IV requires a doctor, I supposed. Why hire a foreign doctor to do it? Your guess is as good as mine.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

See what we're up against... :rolleyes:

Anyways, we're fighting an uphill battle... I better get back to work ... like attending to my patients...

#11065 visor, Nov 11, 2014
  6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    possible to get this steriod from local pharmacy? i am interested increase my speed & power... tired of losing

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks. I was baffled!!.

Fingers faster than the brain?

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Just woke up...
    No coffee yet... :(

(I remember saying this to eagle a few days ago, didn't I? :p)

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You are not "actually" foreign, in this case.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You have been trying to get this since news broke out. Not available locally? Perhaps visor can help.

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Me? Again? Why always me?

I don't remember.

12. jasontyh

jasontyh Regular Member

Engineer
    judge not and not be judged.
    that's the fact now.
    I hope alls well ends well

13. visor

visor Regular Member

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That's right.

Just have to wait for final report and analysis. We don't have enough information to narrow down the possibilities.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

16. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
  17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    #11078 nokh88, Nov 11, 2014
  19. eaglehelang

It's night over here, after 7 pm already here

20. eaglehelang

Yup and the NSI expert, Dr Ramlan, refused to divulge info until the BWF hearing. From his press statement, I think the doctor is also indirectly hitting at our Sports Minister for talking too much.
    A lot of the info we have now is from the Sports Minister