Problems After Recover From Injury

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Darma Sucipto, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

Hi Guys...
    Im a singles player. I have an ankle injury last month.Its on my right ankle. Its not very serious. I have been resting my ankle for about a month. While resting my ankle, my coach gives me training that involves strokes and accuracy only.

And now, my ankle is 95% recovered already. I can play singles already but still cannot sprint(running). I need an ankle guard to support my ankle. Without ankle guard, i cant play singles.

The problem is when i play start playing singles, i found that a lot of my techniques are already DROP!!!! especially my agility, footwork and speed. my power and accuracy drop a litttle bit only. But im very worry that i cant raise up all my techniques again because a very important tournament for me is around the corner.

So guys..i just wanna ask any suggestion or advice from u guys. how to raise up again as fast as possible? Thanks for the answer......:D

2. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

There is no real fast way out, you just have to do the exercises all over again and push yourself to reach your previous top limit. One thing I recommend though is to do a lot of ankle raise aka toe raise to strengthen up the ankle again. It will help against ankle sprains in the future.

3. Darma Sucipto

ohh..okay. anyway what do you mean by ankle raise aka toe???
    and can i just do skipping, climbing the staircase, and some light shadow to raise up my footwork again?

4. WhyrlWynd

WhyrlWynd Regular Member

System Engineer
    you can try doing some LIGHT exercise to condition your ankle but NEVER NEVER be too anxious and rush training. You might cause a more severe injury instead or worst, permanent damage to the ankle. Some things cannot be rush.

5. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    WhyrlWynd is right here, I recalled when I injured my right ankle also.... my coach kept me off from the court for like 2 months.... but when I had returned to the court, he started to tape my ankle up.... or he told me to use ankle support to play for more than a year.... but bad weather nowadays gives me slight pain on my right ankle every so often, (damn.... signs of arthritis....) hohoho.... :rolleyes:

6. Greasemonkey

Greasemonkey Regular Member

R.E Estate Full-Time and Part Time Computer Dood
    If I were you, what I would do is practice my footwork. FOOTWorK FOOTWORK FOOTWORK. Most people don't understand that doing footwork is a way for you to understand your body and also for you to figure out the fastest way for you to get around the court.

Secondly, reaction time. Practice against the wall and improve your reaction time. U can play the net with the wall too. As a single player you are not always going to catch the shuttel cock right at the net, so u don't need practice at the net on your drop. Make a line on the wall that is five feet, and practice hitting the shuttle cock just above the line.

Just my suggestion.. good luck with thee tournament.

Oh yea: forgot to add. JUMP ROPES.. Do Thems.. but don't strain yourself. Remember that you are rebuiding

7. Darma Sucipto

okay....thanks for the suggestion..but is there any way to raise up again my footwork in a short time?

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Every athelete would love to recover as quickly as possible.

In truth, for ALL atheletes (and that includes professional ones), performance does drop after injury.

Overtraining can be harmful as well - you may suffer another injury.

9. Shuttlebugs

Shuttlebugs Regular Member

Better to be fully rested to give it the best chance of recovery. Then when you (or your physio) thinks you are ready, start with some soft exercise and ramp up slowly. Incuring an injury on top of one can mean permanent damage.

10. Darma Sucipto

oh okay...anyway thanks for all of u guys answer.........