Heel pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by csiang45, Feb 25, 2014.

1. csiang45

csiang45 Regular Member

student
    I having a pain around calcaneus this area and i hardly jump... The pain will usually goes off after a few days. But will come back after a game of badminton. Should i go look for doctor?

2. bmsupport

bmsupport Regular Member

Not sure if this could be the cause for you but I went through a similar issue, surprisingly changing to a new shoe with a good sports insole fixed my problem. The same way one of my friend in my club also was able to fix his heel pain.

3. VegiSmash

VegiSmash Regular Member

It could be either plantar fasciitis or insertional Achilles tendinitis, which I suffer from chronically. If it is recent please see doctor and get PT before it becomes chronic.

4. csiang45

csiang45 Regular Member

student
    what kind of doctor i should looks for? because i believe my heel pain is because i wearing a thin base shoe for working and a small size shoe for badminton....

5. VegiSmash

VegiSmash Regular Member

6. kentdenns

kentdenns Regular Member

IT
    Go to a doctor to have it checked. But you can go ahead and change your shoes first, and you can also purchase good insoles. I've heard that the Spenco total support is good, but it has a lot of cushion so you might feel a bouncy feeling in the court which will slow down your traction. I am using Superfeet and I love it. It heals my heel pain and knee pain. I posted my review here. Hope it will help you.

7. frederic

frederic Regular Member

Pharmaceuticals
    I had some pains in my heel . At the first day of my badminton playing, I fall on the field and get pain in my heel. I never forget this memory.