17th Incheon AG 2014 : Day-9 (28th September) - MS, XD Semifinals & WS, MD Finals

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2014' started by CLELY, Sep 27, 2014.

1. alans

alans Regular Member

100 % agree with wildstone & indrg

2. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Correction: Traditional letting opponent's front-guy on the net, back-guy bombing at the back all the time is not going to win the game anymore.

Back in old days when attack was not that deadly (not because of players but because of racket technology and human nutrition not as advanced), defending side still have about 35-40% chance of winning/counter-attacking. So even both pairs still try to gain upper-hand to attack first, but when in difficult situations they will just lift the shuttle up and defend, rather than risk making errors and drive/push the shuttle. They know lifting will be disadvantaged, but the chance is still okay to counter-attack and win point. That's probably why Malaysia was stronger back then in doubles, because typical Malaysian players usually like to play defence and just lift the shuttles.

Edit: One more factor in the old days was the scoring system. Back then if you serve you don't lose a point if you lose the rally, so mentally you would just lift the shuttle and take the chance, if you were serving. As compared to now, even in desperate situations, high-level players will still drive the shuttle to keep everything low to avoid being attacked.

#422 Wildstone, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Agree with the above post.

I think, KKK/TBH would have won many tournaments if using the old scoring system.

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    In that case MD China or Korea are boring to watch also... No skill at all.. Just smash And return

5. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

There is nothing to gain for LYB if he rigs this match. China already has gold and silver in MS. LYB has done his job.

Also, if you haven't figured it out yet, LD and LYB aren't on the best of terms now. I don't see LYB wasting his relationship with LD on a meaningless outcome in the MS's final since China will get a gold and silver regardless of who wins. LYB has bigger fights with LD such as preventing LD from signing with Addidas or Yonex. Because of this, today's match between LD and CL should be free of LYB's interference.

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

You see LYB coaching CL yesterday but not LD

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Are you saying there is disharmony in CHN camp?
    I thought in China, everything is country first, the rest second.

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I heard that lyb and ld are not in good terms.. Heard bigfight in AUS open... This will be good final

9. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

What happened in the Australian open between LYB and LD?

10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Being told by few ppl both yelling each other at warming up court... Dont Know whats all about..

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Li ning Badminton is not strong as it is used to be... In next WC, the title could be different name

12. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

I thought the sponsorship for WC is being tendered on annual basis.

Nevertheless, I wish that our Djarum/BCA would be held as main sponsor for next year WC.

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    since lindan is fighting to get big sponsorship deal, i dont see why he need to lose... winning is what get your big buck$$$, i mean sponsorship bucsk$$$

by losing to CL, lindan chips will dont a bit... not sumting u want when negotiating for new contract

14. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Yup, I agree.

I bet you LYB secretly wants CL to win because by now, I'm sure LYB has had enough of LD's antics. My guess is, LYB told both players to play it out and whoever wins will win. LD wants to win it because it will help his sponsorship deals. I doubt LD would react well if LYB told him to lose. CL probably wants to prove he is better than LD and wants to come out from LD's shadow. LYB probably dislikes LD so I am guessing LYB is secretly cheering for CL. Unfortunately, LYB won't go as far to tell LD to lose - like I said, LYB has bigger matters to fight with LD such as stopping LD from being sponsored by Yonex or Adidas.

Thus, we should get an entertaining final tonight with both players playing 100%, free of interference from LYB.

15. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

$$$ first, country second, everything else after. Having achieved everything there is to achieve in badminton, LD is out to make money. If you've been keeping up with LD, there is tension between him and LYB because LD wants to be individually sponsored by Adidas or Yonex while LYB wants the entire national team to be sponsored by Li Ning.

16. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-

my guess lin dan to win in straight sets ! 21-18 21-18 close margin :p

17. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

Assuming LD and CL will go all out without any intervention words from 'the boss'

I expect nothing less like WC 2011 MS Final atmosphere and tension

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Guess you are right.
    He needs the money to feed his family and for the future, life after badminton.
    So LD to LYB, if the latter wants to intervene, F..k Off.

19. sen

sen Regular Member

The thing is LYB and China still needs Lin Dan for team event. Meanwhile, Lin Dan probably thinks even if he is not allowed to play in any BWF event by CBA, he still can earn money from sponsor and playing club event.