17th Incheon AG 2014 : Day-9 (28th September) - MS, XD Semifinals & WS, MD Finals

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2014' started by CLELY, Sep 27, 2014.

1. badrutm

badrutm Regular Member

blogger
    I think this is what we are waiting for.. but still processing
    [video=youtube;8sEPjNIC0K0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sEPjNIC0K0[/video]

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

That is so humiliating to have a post-game discussion and rebuke outside on the open?

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the post-match interview, LXR choked up and sobbed (at the thought of losing two major titles in a month, first the WC, now the AG) but she said she also felt happy for Wang Yihan. She also revealed that after the WC loss, she grew depressed which affected her training. At least she felt cheered at having played her part to retain the AG WS Team gold. http://sports.sina.com.cn/yayun2014/o/2014-09-28/22487351433.shtml

4. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    you definitely didnt watch the match, right ?
    there are so many great rallies. MA/HS played patiently and wait for the right moment to attack. so many smashes exchanges too. Not with 3 shots strategy like you said for today.

5. kirana

kirana Regular Member

Dude ,you definitely have not seen the match:eek:

Please watch it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KORAR7oPg8c&list=PLipispAf4Rr6BLl8ambk6p_iIOihm5VW2

6. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Hahahaa.... Mas Bro

I wouldn't even bother to reply such comment. It just typically came from a sore loser.

For those who enjoy a good match, which contains full exchange of extensive techniques added with unbelievable speed and amazing skills, today's duel shall be recorded as 1 of the greatest badminton game of all time.

IMO

Thanks mate. I really appreciate this link. :D

#406 clawhammers, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  7. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    lol. I wasn´t talking about this match in particular (at least i didn´t intend to do it).
    I wil watch first and second set later, just saw the last.
    OFC there are matches from ma/hs vs. lyd/yys or kim/kim which are entertaining, but overall most matches from the indonesians are over so quick :/ What obviously is a compliment to them...

8. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    What would be the behind the scene maneuver re LD and CL gold medal match? What would LYB say to them before the match? It is more easy to predict the outcome if LD is not in the mix. CL will be the champ if both going to 2016 Olympic.

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I hope LD defies LYD and said Screw You. I want my gold.

10. liiil

liiil Regular Member

LYD had enough from his own squad. He doesn't need to hear that from LD. I guess you mean LYB? :D

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Yeah... B for D.

12. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Can you please give the source here?
    And some follow-up news?

13. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Unless one of the players is nursing injury else LYB will let them play all out as AG is quite an important event for individual career achievement. Furthermore, there is no next big tournament that require strategic alignment for their world ranking so I do believe both players will be given the green light to go full assault. We shall see the full strength of Chen Long and he certainly has a lot to proof in front of his girl friend :)

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

After watching the replay of the Chen Long - Wei Nan match (wasn't paying full attention watching it live for understandable reasons thanks to Lin Dan's thriller match), I must say Chen Long played brilliantly to take out Wei Nan, not just going by the score but the way he did it in emphatic manner, alert and ready to challenge the net and defending superbly as well. I've no doubt he will give Lin Dan a challenging time tomorrow.

The quadrennial Asian Games is Asia's Olympics, both contestants will surely be gunning for it, esp Chen Long who I expect to be the hungrier one to prove his mettle and add the AG title to enhance his WC trophy. But he will have to earn it the hard way and be worthy of it for assuredly Lin Dan is not going to make it any easier for him as both of them are competing with an eye to the Rio Olympics. I for one don't take their internal rivalry lightly.

With gold and silver already in CHN's hands, Lin Dan would do well to maintain and even increase his considerable advantage over his younger rival without underestimating him who in turn will definitely try his level best to narrow the gap with his illustrious senior. There is everything to fight for between them. Furthermore, personal glory and national honour are not mutually exclusive.

If Chen Long fails to capitalize on this golden opportunity to get one up on Lin Dan, it will be much harder next time as Lin Dan continues improving his form. For Chen Long it's now or never to gain a much-needed psychological boost and breakthrough, a vital point for which Li Yongbo has acknowledged as much saying Chen Long was unfortunate to miss several opportunities to do so the last couple of years.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

latecomer is once again imagining too much and overly speculating, painting an unnecessarily complicated and unjustifiable scenario that smacks of conspiracy theory, in addition to (unintentionally, I suppose) casting LYB in a bad light, uncalled-for. Inadvertently, he is also feeding the trolls.

I fully agree with Han's view above, as simple as that.

16. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    I just want to express how I feel and what my thinking is. So far the results regarding Chinese WS whenever LXR was involved, I am 100% corrected. The skill level of LXR is the best in the world and the only way she lost was she has a kind heart and doesn't want to her teammate especially after winning the Olympic gold. I have no other intention. If I am LYB, I probably would do the same. The main focus of Chinese badminton is position itself to win in the 2016 Olympic, my logic is base on this assumption. What is the benefit of LD and CL play all out in the final? What if one of them get injury, liked WX in 2012 Olympic. Other members may have other views which they are entitled to voice if they choose to express in this Forum.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

LoL. That's why LXR lost the 2014 AE and WC finals...because she's the best, but too kind to win everything. She just wanted WSX and CM to win sth, too. Just like when she qualified for the '12 OG in WSX's stead, which really showed her altruistic personality :rolleyes:

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If you read carefully, he doesn't describe this match. In general, MA/HS play just as boring as CM/MB did/do - when they don't have opponents like the Koreans with very good service-situation play and an absolute brick wall defense, there are almost no rallies. While the sport is about winning matches and you do everything you can to do just that, it does not mean I enjoy watching that particular style of play.

Personally I think there should probably be some alteration to the service, the way it is MD is just getting less attractive every tournament. BWF should stop trying to force a ridiculous change of the scoring system (which would make it all the worse, for there is even less room for errors) and concentrate on more important points such as that...that is assuming they are hellbent on changing the rules yet again. In my eyes it's detracting from badminton's image...can you imagine getting interested in a sport that is so desperate to please that it changes rules every few years?

19. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Lol... obviously if you are playing badminton you aren't playing at a good level. So you want the players to just lift the shuttle rather than push/drive when the opponent serves? So that you can watch amazing attack/defence/counter-attack?

Why don't you do that next time when you play badminton? Just lift the shuttle as high as you can when your opponent serves to you. Then see how much point you can defence/counter-attack.

The idea of the game is to try to gain the upper-hand so you will get the attack first, so in high-level badminton both sides will keep driving the shuttle as much as they can (or as skilful as they can) until the losing side will eventually have no option but to lift the shuttle up and defence. Because in high level, both sides' attack is so deadly that when lifting the shuttle almost means you will be losing the point (80-20 chance).

In WD and when you see Koo Kien Keat play, you will see lots of lifting and lots of exciting defence, but what do you see in the end? KKK losing.

Both teams realize lifting shuttle = losing, that's why they do 100% to keep it low and that means more errors in controlling the shuttles, so you see shorter rallies. If you know how to appreciate the skills they have you will find the match exciting and thrilling.

#419 Wildstone, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  20. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Nicely described and points made! it is a Men's Double Game: furious, flat-drive exchanges, deadly quick. Traditional front-guy on the net, back-guy bombing at the back all the time is not going to win the game anymore.