17th Incheon AG 2014 : Day-9 (28th September) - MS, XD Semifinals & WS, MD Finals

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2014' started by CLELY, Sep 27, 2014.

1. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    The game the Indonesians play is just no fun to watch, but well they kept their nerves together and serve, return third shot is mastered by class by ma / ha. I just can't enjoy this way of play...

2. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

the wrong pair? hahaha.

i think the best won. hahaha.

3. Tybalt

Tybalt Regular Member

Good lord, the lady who snatched that third racquet just death stared her way to victory in the tug of war over it. It was some young boy whose soul she destroyed, too.

4. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Don't be a sore loser now.

5. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

yesss congrats for Ina MD

6. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

It looked like YYS didn't play so well today, but the Indonesians played really good drives to get the attacking play.

7. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    LYD really would have deserved it. But once again it is such a small margin. Like LCW. I'm afraid he just can't win the big ones

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To be frank, the way LCW played in G1 and won it, for a moment I seriously thought it's going to be LCW's day. But Lin Dan being Lin Dan, never expect him to give it to you, you got to take it from him.

Phenomenal, despite the odds Lin Dan fought his way back in addition to having to deal with his error-proneness. His self-confidence and inner belief, his self-mastery is most admirable, exemplary. Still, I'd urge him, and he himself has said as much, he'll have to train harder and practise more to regain his excellent touch and shot-making.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ahsan/Setiawan may have lost to Lee/Yoo more often than not but today they won the one that matters a lot. Tomorrow it's an even more important match to win facing Kim/Kim.

10. alans

alans Regular Member

Indonesia chasing for more gold tomorrow, three golds same as CHN did

11. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Ah, what a happy day it turned out to be. :D

Mohammad Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan beat Lee YongDae/Yoo YeonSeong just for the second time, but this time is on Gold Medal Asean Games match. What an achievement for them. :D

Hopefully tomorrow Liliyana/Natsir can deliver as well. Yes!

[​IMG]

12. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Justin, today's match is a Gold Medal one :) and I smartguess the gold medal worth two new houses for the pair at home...needless to say it's a very very precious gold medal!!

13. sen

sen Regular Member

I think LYD is the one making silly unforced error. Yoo did quite well in some occasion.

It's entertaining play but I have guessed after INA taking the lead almost at the end that the Korean are nervous.

14. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Is there any SUPER GOLD match tomorrow? :D Duo KIM is gone beaten at semifinale laaar.

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

so what's H2H between JOJ and LD? if his style is really the best way to beat LD, he should beat LD much more time than these 2...

16. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

2nd gold, I was not sure Hendra/Ahsan can win today, but they prove me wrong

Happy days are here again for Ina camp

17. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    By all respect, you don't have to say that kind of words, friend. :) Every players have their own style, and everyone can enjoy their favorite but not disgracing other. I am sorry if your favorite can't win today. I think LYD/YYS play okay like usual, only at 16 all the errors creeping and it affects all the rhythm. It is indeed heartbreaking loss after they also only get 2nd place at WC. They'll bounce back I believe.

[​IMG]

#377 aulia, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The 2 Gold Medals target achieved for PBSI!

Hendra Setiawan/Mohd Ahsan
    proved again that they could handle the nerves and the pressure when it mattered! The last time they beat the Korean pair was during the Thomas Cup victory (also achieved in 3-sets). Congratulations to the pair as they have won their 3rd Major Title (after the World Championships 2013, All-England 2014, and now Asian Games 2014 Individual Event Gold Medal). Not to mention they have also won the BWF Super-Series Finals 2013 (beating Kim/Kim in the Final).

No matter how many SS/SSP titles Lee Yong Dae has accumulated so far, there's no major title (apart from the 2 AE titles) that he has won up to this-date in MD. He lost his best chance of nailing the WC event last month, losing to his supposedly inferior compatriot. And today, he lost his best chance of nailing the Asian Games title in front of his home crowd, losing to an opponent which he and his partner had beaten 5 times!

Even Shin Baek Cheol has already won 1 major title in the WC in the MD discipline!

19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Hahaha so happy to see Ahsan/hendra beat the highly overrated and chokefull Lyd when it matters again...
    And beat the Koreans at their home ground takes a lot more than usual due to it usually being more than 2v2 ;)

Amazing win!

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My bad, I apologise for the confusion. Congratulations to INA MD Ahsan/Setiawan for the gold medal.